Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Balrum

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks ideal for backlog fodder. Eagerly anticipating a copy from the giftstravaganza thread once it gets put in a bundle 6 months from now.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks ideal for backlog fodder. Eagerly anticipating a copy from the giftstravaganza thread once it gets put in a bundle 6 months from now.
Harsh (though sadly true in most cases). Hopefully the devs won't make that mistake and devalue the game they spent a few years on.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks good so I decided to get it. Going to hold off playing for the time being, unless everyone here starts raving about it. I'll probably give it a go in a fortnight or two.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Harsh (though sadly true in most cases). Hopefully the devs won't make that mistake and devalue the game they spent a few years on.
"devalue the game"

Not much value when sales are frozen.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, I thought there were already figures to look at. Almost 200 people are playing it according to SteamDB, can't be that bad for a game with little to no advertising.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this more of an rpg or does the player have to focus on building, gathering and stuff like that?

erthia

Educated
Is this more of an rpg or does the player have to focus on building, gathering and stuff like that?

It kinda looks like a 50/50 between the two. However, just in case everyone else is wondering. I found out the answer to my question, creatures do not respawn.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I watched a guy for 30 minutes stream it, he spent 20 minutes tending to house and garden and 10 minutes randomly killing mobs. Basically it is a turn based Diablo with crafting and farming.

Mustawd

I watched a guy for 30 minutes stream it, he spent 20 minutes tending to house and garden and 10 minutes randomly killing mobs. Basically it is a turn based Diablo with crafting and farming.

I just came my pants. Not for this game...but pretty close...

neucifer

Novice
Is it possible to completely ingore the crafting/farming part and just focus on quests and stuff?

I would say not completely. you choose a subdivision of crafting in the char creator (hunting, alchemy etc), and you'll probably have to utilize a bit of that skill to make your life easier. I chose alchemy as it seems more direct to me to brew a potion than grow a bunch of ingredients to one day bake into a superfood down the line, or whatever. I'm lacking in hunting and cooking so I have a generally rougher time finding stuff to eat, but it isn't too tedious.

neucifer

Novice

It kinda looks like a 50/50 between the two. However, just in case everyone else is wondering. I found out the answer to my question, creatures do not respawn.

I believe some farming or something on your estate could help you make up for a food deficit, pumpkins seem pretty filling. I haven't started a farm yet on mine though.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So its basically Underrail with farming? Why doesnt the Codex love it then? +M

neucifer

Novice
neucifer, how big is the gameworld approximately? On the Gothic-Ultima-Morrowind-Daggerfall scale?

well, I've uncovered maybe a quarter of the first starting area in just under eleven hours... and I heard that there are five areas.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That thirst and hunger mechanic is going to drive me fucking nuts.... I can't even read a document I just found.... :M

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah. I get the whole thirst and hunger thing, but I actually like to read and think about stuff etc... and the damn hunger and thirst clock keeps ticking...

neucifer

Novice
here's the deal ya'll: your clocks will go down significantly slower if you overeat/drink (between 100 - 150%), but mind becoming nauseated. doing physical labor like mining and chopping wood makes your clocks go down quicker, but as long as you're decently full you tend to stay full longer (and regenerate HP). I believe survival skills may also have an impact on your hunger clocks.

people have been expressing split feelings over this so I think it's safe to say the devs will add a slider to adjust the clock, or something similar.

neucifer

Novice
mild spoiler:
me, I'm just happy a well-placed fireball will cook the deer's meat as it burns to death. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom