Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ban request.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think the laws are kind of all over the place at the moment, even in Europe who seems to be trying to make a comprehensive set of internet privacy laws.

I have seen people use the European internet privacy laws to cause trouble for online games before, not sure how it would work for forums. Usually people who would use these types of laws to cause trouble are butthurt lawyers but that doesn't make the results of a company scrambling to protect itself any less amusing.

I think one of the results of not complying with the European privacy laws is not being able to sell the game or product in the EU. Which would be a bad thing lol. Many lulz to be had at a companies expense.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Djam Karet. The force-line field spewed out from a parallax center crosswhen, a field that had pulsed thrugh time and space and the minds of men for twice ten thousand years. Then cut out suddenly, inexplicably, and dannyfx1 clapped his hands to his head, his mind twisting like rope within his skull. His eyes glazed, then cleared, and he breathed from deep in his chest. Then he signaled his army to turn back. Crispy the Virgin thanked DU and the living memory of the Saint Proverbius.

For twice ten thousand years--Djam Karet--the field had pulsed, and for a brief moment that could have been instants or years or millenia, it was cut off.
Legend does not tell the truth. More specifically, it does not tell all the truth: two years before dannnyfaggot1 raided his post history, Codex had been taken and raped by Drog the Modder. Three years after the [redacted] of dannyfaggot1 Codex was once more taken and raped, by Kaiserin, the dickless Queen of all Ugly Trannies.
There was a reason the garbage of insanity had ceased to flow through everywhere and everywhen from the drained mind of a poorly programmed digital Wyrm...

Servo

Arcane
For attention? If you wanted to delete your account why woudn't you just PM a mod?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the laws are kind of all over the place at the moment, even in Europe who seems to be trying to make a comprehensive set of internet privacy laws.

I have seen people use the European internet privacy laws to cause trouble for online games before, not sure how it would work for forums. Usually people who would use these types of laws to cause trouble are butthurt lawyers but that doesn't make the results of a company scrambling to protect itself any less amusing.

I think one of the results of not complying with the European privacy laws is not being able to sell the game or product in the EU. Which would be a bad thing lol. Many lulz to be had at a companies expense.
I'm pretty sure you implicitly give a forum owner a license to all the stuff you post.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd agree with you Tuluse. That doesn't mean lawyers couldn't spend months arguing over what the word implicit means or other such nonsense.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I have seen people use the European internet privacy laws to cause trouble for online games before, not sure how it would work for forums.
It doesn't. Like you said, though, Europe is trying to establish a more cohesive set of internet privacy laws, and there might be a spectacularly dumb and unwarranted ECJ ruling in the near future that says otherwise.

Either way, despite Danny's beliefs, any such rulings will not take the form of some sort of internet cheat code you can type in to have all your data magically erased

zwanzig_zwoelf

I have seen people use the European internet privacy laws to cause trouble for online games before, not sure how it would work for forums.
It doesn't. Like you said, though, Europe is trying to establish a more cohesive set of internet privacy laws, and there might be a spectacularly dumb and unwarranted ECJ ruling in the near future that says otherwise.

Either way, despite Danny's beliefs, any such rulings will not take the form of some sort of internet cheat code you can type in to have all your data magically erased
Well, there is a cheat code that is located in board rules...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom