Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Barkley 2 - the new Codex vaporware champion

The gunplay is the best I've seen in a game for a long time

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Merry Clispmas! Clispmas has come early this year and it is a big disappointment all around.

Here is some really awful vidio of extremely bad content in barkley 2 character creation. According to my calculations, this is basically around 5% of the entire thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New update: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...quel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1103200

257b5f1a2ff2ddf08a28f51be7ad0d7c_large.PNG

:balance:

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Godspeed and congrats on reaching the fun part of your work guys.:salute:

No Early Access, unfortunately. The open world coupled with the E.X.T.R.E.E.M. inter-connectivity
of all the quests/NPCs and strict time progression make it pretty much impossible to experience
without all content being implemented.

Trust us though, it'll be worth the wait ... or not ... then we're in trouble.

While I like not being tempted I can understand the *unfortunately*,
as additional income surely wouldn't hurt. But it sounds like the priorities
are straight and all is rather working well.

I'm looking forward to jam! :obviously:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
One of the guys I'm working with just said Barkley 2 is the closest thing to Witcher 2. I don't know what that means, take it how you will...

It dawned on me recently just how big this game is. At the moment I'm working on this shitty little town (it's called a dwarf zone, towns are called dwarf zones in the game), it's a small place but it's pretty crazy how much there is there, how much changes over time and how much more will be added. There are a few towns in the game, this isn't a particularly big or small but one, but it just kind of hit me that even though this is a mid-sized place, it's just one place in the whole game.

R4nrpgB.png

This is the old map for it that I made long ago, back before we had its real tileset. Those are just placeholder graphics. Now that we've got the real art, it's going to be remade completely so I guess it's okay to show you all.

Anyway, I'm very happy with how it's coming along, there's a lot of stuff going on that we can't t.a.l.k. a.b.o.u.t. right now but hopefully soon!!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The wait is soul crushing. :negative:
Everything that has been shown and said about the game just oozes pure fun. It's like development went back to the 90's when developers would sit down and enjoy making a video game and weren't afraid to dream even a little bit bigger.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
ah fuck you, we're working on it nonstop.

If you're interested in seeing some graphics being made, my boyyy Frankie is streaming right now. Things have come together exceptionally well in the last few months and we will be posting about it soon.

edit: ah damn, he went on a walk. Well anyway, he made a bunch of quest NPC portraits. He'll probably be back on later tonight and you can harass us in real time then.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
OMG, these people are taking fucking WALKS!

No wonder the game is so delayed... what's next, you gonna tell me you sleep as well? Like 6 hours a day, eyes closed and all that popamole shit?

Modron

Arcane
OMG, these people are taking fucking WALKS!

No wonder the game is so delayed... what's next, you gonna tell me you sleep as well? Like 6 hours a day, eyes closed and all that popamole shit?

Don't worry, I am sure they will take a page out of rockstar's playbook and chain the employee's to their desk come crunchtime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom