Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bastard Bonds - fabulous fast-paced tactical RPG with high-end pixel art

Lhynn

Arcane
It says that sex in BB is "Mentioned, not depicted" right there on the site.
Yeah i know, just asking if the mentioned but not depicted sex involves two sweaty bears humping eachother.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
8DB6200B529DF31E404C47B815972A2AB8A823D8

That guy on the bottom right, Beauregard, is a character from Wizardry 7.

Anyone willing to trade for this, by the way? BMT Micro isn't accepting my debit card, if someone buys this for me I'll get you something of equal value on Steam.

ColCol

Arcane
8DB6200B529DF31E404C47B815972A2AB8A823D8

That guy on the bottom right, Beauregard, is a character from Wizardry 7.

Anyone willing to trade for this, by the way? BMT Micro isn't accepting my debit card, if someone buys this for me I'll get you something of equal value on Steam.

You want it badly? I'll buy it. I may not want a game right away.

Cough-Give me Barkley instead-Cough

Beastro

Arcane
Title makes me think of a game where you play one of Jame's many ill begotten progeny he's no doubt produced over the decades.

captaingerbear

Bigfingers
Developer
I found this thread through a regular old google search to see how my game was doing. Hi, everybody!
Got questions or anything? I'd be happy to answer if there are!

captaingerbear

Bigfingers
Developer
Well damn. I just found out at this moment that Bastard Bonds got through Greenlight. This is probably the first place to hear about it then.

I think I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well damn. I just found out at this moment that Bastard Bonds got through Greenlight. This is probably the first place to hear about it then.

I think I have a busy weekend ahead of me.
Good luck, game looks good, ill play it after im done with DOS.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why would it be obvious?
Someone earlier in the thread used quite a long series of creative metaphors to describe exactly how straight I am. He wasn't wrong.
I guess I assumed people read it.
Again, I couldn't resist. :oops:

Congrats! You deserve it. I'll still buy directly, but publicity is always ace.

Now that you're here, I have to ask:
Did I reach the end of the demo? Also, can you get past that locked door (the one for perfection) in the demo?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Congrats captaingerbear.

So Siveon (and any other demoers), how's the pacing/story motivation? Are you just walking around clearing maps or does it feel like there's a purpose? In a game like this, it can be hard to stay motivated to sink in the hours unless I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Also: are there lithe, oiled women in the game, or just big sweaty shirtless guys? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So Siveon (and any other demoers), how's the pacing/story motivation? Are you just walking around clearing maps or does it feel like there's a purpose? In a game like this, it can be hard to stay motivated to sink in the hours unless I feel like I'm getting somewhere.
Well there's definitely a call to action when you break out of prison, but after that it feels more like a rags-to-riches thing where you slowly build up your own troupe of misfits and.. do stuff. The demo doesn't end off with a specific purpose besides some odd hints, but so far it's mostly to get by. I haven't seen real civilization yet so that's definitely a first to go.

Also: are there lithe, oiled women in the game, or just big sweaty shirtless guys? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Considering I beat the demo as an armored skinny woman with a harem of muscular men, I'd say that's likely. The NPCs are mostly shirtless guys though. One did have a shirt, but it didn't leave much to the imagination. The trailer shows at least 2 women to like 7 men so I'd say that ratio would be expected in-game.

Severian Silk

2:7 is not an optimal ratio. You need at least a 3:6 ratio to make a good game. That's taking into account the 50% bonus for the amount of violence, and a 6% annual inflation rate for the number of years since Fallout. Clearly this game is not going to be :obviously:.

captaingerbear

Bigfingers
Developer
Why would it be obvious?
Someone earlier in the thread used quite a long series of creative metaphors to describe exactly how straight I am. He wasn't wrong.
I guess I assumed people read it.
Again, I couldn't resist. :oops:

Congrats! You deserve it. I'll still buy directly, but publicity is always ace.

Now that you're here, I have to ask:
Did I reach the end of the demo? Also, can you get past that locked door (the one for perfection) in the demo?

You -might- be able to get past raptor gate in the demo but it wouldn't be very exciting - the area beyond it was not included.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Why would it be obvious?
There's this little dialogue in one area where a guy is debating on whether or not he should sleep with another guy and you can help him decide.

There's a hypersexualized Paul Bunyan.

Vampire dicks (actually just dicks in general) ahoy.

Like 3/4ths of the characters are twinks or bears in loincloths.

So yeah, this game is super, super gay.

The exploration is great, there's stuff everywhere, the maps are very well-designed and interesting. There's this sort of Dark Souls-y feel where you bookmark areas to come back to later when you've progressed further or understand more about what's going on. What I like most is how it doesn't really explain anything, you've got to figure things out for yourself. I'm pretty far in the game but I've still got no idea what to do with those locked gates; without spoiling too much, there are other areas and characters where I haven't figured out what's expected of me. There are secrets and environmental mysteries everywhere and it's fun to wrack myself over them.

If you like games where the focus is on exploration, figuring out and doing things yourself, this is definitely a good game to check out. It's a lot of fun.

Unwanted

GameGear

Unwanted
Faggots

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom