Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bastard Bonds - fabulous fast-paced tactical RPG with high-end pixel art

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
"It's good."

- eric__s

300,000 copies sold.

Edit: Oh yeah, another really cool thing about the game is that characters you make in the character template show up in the game. I've made about 20 and it's cool to see them throughout the game world.

QziEJtj.png

This is part of my base and a bunch of these are characters I created.

CfZpGhU.png

BUSINESS ORC WANTS TPS REPORTS

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Edit: Oh yeah, another really cool thing about the game is that characters you make in the character template show up in the game. I've made about 20 and it's cool to see them throughout the game world.
Whoa. My Barbie sense is seriously tingling. In a good way. Not sure how I can express that I'm not being ironic. I love playing with customizers and being able to enjoy the results. Have y'all seen how many damn XCOM customs I made?

DramaticPopcorn

This looks amazing, how come I've never heard of it?!

I found this thread through a regular old google search to see how my game was doing. Hi, everybody!
Got questions or anything? I'd be happy to answer if there are!

Would you mind uploading the Demo on a file hosting site? I cannot pass BMTMicro page for various reasons.

getter77

Augur
Getting it on itch.io would probably be a decent way to go about it alongside Steam for folks that don't mesh well with BMTMicro---been a long time since I recall seeing anybody use 'em, heh.

Drowed

Arcane
Well, played the demo...

And now I want to buy it. But I'm broke and $20 is too much (in brl, at least). Well, it will be on Steam, so who knows, maybe regional pricing will save the day?

duanth123

Arcane
Well damn. I just found out at this moment that Bastard Bonds got through Greenlight. This is probably the first place to hear about it then. I think I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

Purchased.

The atmosphere reminds me of the original Geneforge, but with more man (and better music.)

If you don't mind me asking, what was your inspiration for this project, if any?

Your prior games seem to have been of a different persuasion - at least, when it comes to genre...

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have a couple mechanics questions about the early demo.

1) How does defeat and recovery work?
My 3-person party entered a difficult area and my two sidekicks both got "killed" but my main character survived. The sidekicks were back at the stronghold but apparently still wounded and unable to join, which is fine. But now what? My one character can't explore on her own; she just gets slaughtered; but apparently there is no other way to make time advance to heal my team. Apparently the solution is "reload a save if your companions get hurt", which kind of sucks. Maybe this is only a problem in the early game.

2) How do noncombat stronghold residents work?
I prioritized a Healer for my stronghold (to ameliorate problem #1), and a healer showed up. Great! Then I prioritized a Quartermaster, left, came back, and a quartermaster showed up ... but my healer was gone. I'm confused.

Zombra

Patron
So I can't figure out if I reached the end of the demo. It seems there are simply no more locations for me to explore. The last area I finished was "Treasure Trail" and it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'm confused. Siveon, any insight?

Mortmal

Arcane
I noticed this game on greenlight a while ago and thought it was another of those early access game , one to be never finished... Turns out its already complete and for sale , wish i heard about it before.
Now i have two questions , how do you save in game ? Is there a paypal option ? I dont know if i can trust btmicro and it doesnt seems to offer the option.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So I can't figure out if I reached the end of the demo. It seems there are simply no more locations for me to explore. The last area I finished was "Treasure Trail" and it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'm confused. Siveon, any insight?
I encountered the same problem if you look at my earlier posts, from the looks of it, the map levels just simply end, without a prompt or anything like that.

As for your earlier inquiries, I was pretty sure that after a battle you have your wounded roll (using this minesweeper like grid) for recovery. I believe healers just up the chances, the first few tries are really against your favor. And I believe in the base menu it says something like "next service requires [blank] surplus manpower.." or something to that affect. I assume if you change your services while not meeting the requirements for both, you'll just replace your noncombatant.

Hope that helps.

Mortmal

Arcane
I encountered the same problem if you look at my earlier posts, from the looks of it, the map levels just simply end, without a prompt or anything like that.

As for your earlier inquiries, I was pretty sure that after a battle you have your wounded roll (using this minesweeper like grid) for recovery. I believe healers just up the chances, the first few tries are really against your favor. And I believe in the base menu it says something like "next service requires [blank] surplus manpower.." or something to that affect. I assume if you change your services while not meeting the requirements for both, you'll just replace your noncombatant.

Hope that helps.
In the full version treasure trail leads to the ashen brink, theres also another hub at wood land passageway.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This looks kinda fuckin' great!

Trying out the demo soon, will buy if it's good.

By the way- is there a way to buy through your website, and stilll get a steam key? I want you to get most of the cut.

EDIT: Holy DAMN, the Bara crowd will go wild over this one..

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom