Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman Return To Arkham

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Astral Rag

Arcane
Console only but it's no big deal because the original PC versions will still look and run better than these remasters.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Delayed indefinitely. :smug:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Ret...m-Release-Update-Message/m-p/1187220#U1187220

After reviewing the progress of the project, the team at WB Games has decided to delay the release of Batman: Return to Arkham to give the team at Virtuous Games additional time to deliver a polished Batman Arkham game experience. We do not have a release date yet and will be sure to communicate that once we are sure the game will be ready. We know this is disappointing news, but we feel the extra time will allow the team to create the best gaming experience for our fans.

pippin

Just from the thumbnail I can say the original looks better.

I loved the first two games, probably the most enjoyable "modern gaming" experiences I've had.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I have to disagree. The remastered effects and colors look a lot nicer, and the godawful depth of field from the skyboxes in the originals is cleaned up. The thumbnail is not a good shot because of the effects in the background, though. Otherwise, I think it looks great.

sullynathan

Arcane
Sad that it isn't 60fps and doesn't include Arkham Origins. Between Asylum and City, which do you guys like better? I like City more because it retains the interior level design of Asylum without the repetitiveness of returning to the same areas multiple times.

Origin is underrated, I like how they made the already easy combat system have some challenge granted it was the only Arkham game I played on hard. It also had some very interesting bosses and I liked the whole random crime in progress system, I don't think the level design wowed me a 2nd time though since it took place in the same city.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I honestly don't remember which is which. I know one had a bigass crocodile and one was all about Mr Freeze. All I know is Arkham Knight aka Grand Theft Batman is the best because muh semi-destructible environments and it's the grimdarkest which fits in well with the Batman universe.

Vibalist

Arcane
Arkham Knight is really good now that they've fixed the shitty port. Can highly recommend.

Origins is in serious need of a remake or touch up. It's also easily the weakest in the series.

Vibalist

Arcane
So I'm finally playing Knight and I'm reminded of how poor most of the side quests in this series is. They always start out fairly intriguing because they feature well known villains that are usually good, and the voice work and presentation is top notch. But all of them boil down to doing the same repetitive task over and over until you reach a short climax in which you capture the villain and then that's that. Case in point: The Penguin side quests in Knight where you basically just drive from warehouse to warehouse, take down a few goons in a standard fight and then repeat until you're done.

It's not that it's downright bad, but it follows that annoying Ubisoft formula of just stuffing your game with samey side activities in order to trigger the completionist gene in people, padding out the game length. I'd rather they put their time and effort into a longer main quest, as that is where the meat of the experience is. The worst offender is the Riddler, whose side activity almost takes more time to complete than the main story itself, but it's just this pointless flying around collecting trophies with the occasional clever puzzle here and there. They could remove 80 percent of this stuff and lose nothing or, heck, replace trophy collecting with an actual detective side quest featuring Riddler as the antagonist. But I suspect they wont do it because every AAA developer, on some level, fears releasing a game with too little content (even it's excellent content). And so this series, great as it is, suffers from the same issues as most other open world games: It has a lot to do, but most of it feels like work, which is the exact opposite of how it should be.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nananananananananananana BATMAAAAAAN!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom