Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
To pay premium price. And I've waited so long already. I generally avoid EA games after Darkest Dungeon
Buy it, faggot.

Lios

Cipher
All of you, post more mini-playthroughs with pictures please. I can really read them for hours.

I haven't played Battle Brothers for, like, a year now? Which practically makes me Job. I surely remember that there was no camping and the caravans were slow as fuck.

I know that in a hyperbole reality spartan words shine brighter but I have to phrase it with more blah blah than necessary: I have a pretty strong vibe, that I can play this game, not Battle Brothers 2, for years and years and years, again and again, and its creators need only to add stuff to the base product. I don't remember any other game that fed me similar vibes for, like, 15 years now. *salute button*

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Here is my top 4 badass dudes in my mercenary company the

r0QAn2V.png

Ernst The Sergeant:

qT8ft5D.jpg

Our great Sergeant (look at the stylish sash!) that likes to kill and makes sure his Brothers are trained and always prepared for battle. He has been with the company for 35 days. Seen 26 battles and killed 27 times.

Hildebert:

3EqYufz.jpg

A true Battle Brother companion. The best crossbowman in the country or so they say. He has been with the company for 36 days. Seen 27 battles and killed 16 times.

Thomas The Wolf:

ZJ1qVkG.jpg

A true mercenary and companion. Can get a bit too superstitious which sometimes lead him to run away in fear, but he is still an ace with spear in hand. He has been with the company for 36 days. Seen 25 battles and killed 21 times.

Kori:

h8Ll5M2.jpg

When he is not throwing javelins in peoples faces he uses his big handaxe to make short work of his enemies. A true brother to have in the shieldwall. He has been with the company for 34 days. Seen 26 battles and killed 19 times.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Next ambition is to discover and plunder a location in the wild.
oBpOmaY.jpg

Archer takes the hill so he can reach the necromancer
QHtIBx7.jpg

Turns out he can't reach the necromancer
YeKIgCw.jpg

Time for a flank
rU6mthm.jpg

Wait, I can shoot this guy but not the necromancer?
bxn7GQL.jpg

3-4 zombies raise back each turn. Thankfully, they're mostly unarmed.
liIKwOq.jpg

Got him
mn1FXNW.jpg

i7wDOXp.jpg

Settlement defense contract. Raider forgot his helmet.
3zD02Ww.jpg

Check out the hill t the bottom right. For the entire battle it's just pushing with shields and rotation.
vhPTB86.jpg

BUdx1TX.jpg

yrF5NnM.jpg

Another helmetless raider
pI7Oskv.jpg

7YjgYBY.jpg

This fucker is still shooting at me
wv3uuVC.jpg

Losing Burkhard is really bad
pSGnfz7.jpg

Tempting. Maybe later.
Nt900PJ.jpg

Patrol contract. Since when leaders just attack caravans on the road?
3hwstbq.jpg

Remember to hear helmets.
GFQVoCf.jpg

You can't see him but at the top there's a crossbowman shooting at Alwin each turn.
GPSux9h.jpg

N6QnjON.jpg

Kurt impales the leader on the banner. Kurt has sub-50 melee skill.
Tqg82Pj.jpg

This is bad.
PC9WC1F.jpg

Goddammit
ot1m587.jpg

Another of my best guys bites the dust.
oC1tcpI.jpg

Last edited:

Drew

Savant
Did three of your guys get permanent wounds?
Yeah, three of mine did.
2x Missing nose and a weakened heart.
Wilfried died in the following battle along with a fresh recruit, and I'm thinking about dropping Thilmann entirely because he just isn't that useful.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did three of your guys get permanent wounds?
Yeah, three of mine did.
2x Missing nose and a weakened heart.
Wilfried died in the following battle along with a fresh recruit, and I'm thinking about dropping Thilmann entirely because he just isn't that useful.

Nasty. I have one guy that is missing an eye, and one guy with brain damage. The guy with brain damage is really unhappy hehe.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice touch with the helmet
JhAZLi1.jpg

Finally reached the big town on my patrol route. Time to sell stuff.
lvNRc2G.jpg

Went from 2k to 8k crowns.
JV1miWf.jpg

A lot of that is going to get spent.
2hH9YAn.jpg

You're kidding me with these prices.
RHdG1jR.jpg

Last part of the patrol, went into the wild to get to 20. What's going on here?
ZBwe7cG.jpg

That's a big ghoul.
8r5okKi.jpg

My best fighter just got eaten.
dThpOOn.jpg

Thankfully Kurt is there to whack the big ghoul with his banner. Wait a second...
30Uzgmn.jpg

I know this guy
F93sa2c.jpg

That's Ulrich the Black from version 0.4.0.18 :D
bi3AtFd.jpg

Thonius

Arcane
Ok god fucking damn, I literally can't stand it anymore. Is the release more than a month away rapsdjff ? If yes, I'm buying now I can't stand it anymore. It's feature complete, fuck it. I want my men to die glorious deaths too
The final release is not more than a month away. Stay strong!

On a POE2 stream Josh endores Battle Brothers :love:
Cool :)
So bags perk still gives free pockets? I kinda want it but Ironman gives no second chances.

roshan

Arcane
I just started a new game and all looked good. Took out that brigand guy, but then afterwards - no contracts! WTF! I got a cheap delivery contract for 130 crowns, but the rest of the towns around the area are locked contracts or nothing being offered. There was one town offering a contract to clear out some Nachtzehrers from some ruins and another one asking me to hunt down direwolves, neither is doable for a bunch of level 1 squishies.

edhead

Educated
I've noticed that the AI mooks can rotate positions with each other on the battlefield. Can I also do that? Tried looking, but couldn't find any button for this.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
God I hate archers and crossbowmen. I have no idea on how to defend against them. When bandits have more than 2 I always lose half my squad. The back-line gets decimated. The brigands just hang around and wait for me to advance only for their archers to pick my guys apart... and when I finally reach the enemy line I have built up too much fatigue to be able to fight, and probably have a couple of wounds already... and don't get my started on the morale. Bandits with brigands and archers are my worst enemy so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom