Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems sweet and unique but from its description I was expecting a multi-tile beast. It doesn't look so "gigantic" in the battle screen

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
So essentially boosted orc warrior with two handed hammer.
Well, their different habitat versions are pretty cool.
Still waiting for cool lizardmen.

The upcoming DLC will assign to all the beasts distinct habitats around the world

Wait. Is does mean that we will get beast lairs and stuff? Would be cool.

Barbarian

Arcane
I can see that a multi-tier beast would probably need a whole battle map system revamp. Otherwise there would be a bugs galore with say, a 4 tile best getting locked between trees or similar stuff.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I can see that a multi-tier beast would probably need a whole battle map system revamp. Otherwise there would be a bugs galore with say, a 4 tile best getting locked between trees or similar stuff.
Yeah I understand this is the most probable reason... but still :P

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I want another creature for the 'Hunt down what terrorizes X' contract. Boars or Bears or something similar.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Still waiting for cool lizardmen.

serveimage

Draugir101

Novice
I'm not sure if I even like that the game are taking the direction towards more beasts. Sure it's nice if you can use their hide to make cool gear, but really what you need early on is just to fight bandits and zombies in order to get better weapons/armor. I've tried keeping tailorers around for a long time with the wolf hides while nothing happened. If you need to do the same with other beast's leftovers in order to get some decent gears, you're just going to have to avoid them early on unless it's an easy fight.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure if I even like that the game are taking the direction towards more beasts. Sure it's nice if you can use their hide to make cool gear, but really what you need early on is just to fight bandits and zombies in order to get better weapons/armor. I've tried keeping tailorers around for a long time with the wolf hides while nothing happened. If you need to do the same with other beast's leftovers in order to get some decent gears, you're just going to have to avoid them early on unless it's an easy fight.
Good point. They do however talk about crafting in the DLC announcement, so Im curious to find out whats that

Salvo

Arcane
Why not make it a multi-tile creature that can destroy trees/rocks where it passes, since it's so gigantic? It would solve the "stuck in a tile" problem.

Tigranes

Arcane
Right, at the moment you're incentivised to fight human enemies for loot, so it's worthwhile to bring beast 'loot' up to snuff that way.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
If we were talking about 2-3 enemies and some cosmetics I'd agree. Supposedly though it'll be (much, I hope) more than that... So let's hope - again

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I'd also love to see some different human bands. Barbarians and savages? Black Knights? Mongol-like tribesmen and Nordic-like raiders.

Also, any words if they plan adding new backgrounds? Monster hunters might become a thing now, considering what's this dlc about.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Does anyone know if our old BB saves will work with the new DLC or not? I got the impression they were expanding the size of the map too so it's got me wondering.

Barbarian

Arcane
I saw one of the devs commenting something to the effect of saves "probably" being compatible, but that in order to fully enjoy the new content you should start a new game.

Too early to tell I guess, but if they update the world map generation mechanics I doubt saves will be really compatible.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I have a question about 'Fast Adaptation' though (I started giving it to my archers to better deal with Gobbos, seems to help - at least a bit): It says you get an 8% bonus with every shot you miss, I often only get 6 or 4%.

What am I missing?

Terrain penalties? Rounding up of numbers?

Never paid much attention to the numbers, but even if it is only 6% it did help a lot. Specially early levels when your archers and crossbowmen have a hard time hitting anything.
Just checked the Wiki wich doesn't say anything about reduced Boni either. Maybe if what you're shooting at stands behind anything - another enemy, a rock, etc. ?

They should update the description in any case.
IIRC it's simply that this additional % chance from fast adaptation is subjected to the same reductions as the base % chance to hit - because of cover. 6 is obviously 75% of 8, the target had 25% cover. And so on. As simple as that. I might be wrong though, I haven't played BB for quite some time.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

I think somebody play too much Witcher or maybe Monster Hunter.

Anyway I really hope they fix events RNG or make better mechanics.
They could sort events into few groups with separate cooldown and have different triggers . Something like:
>traveling events(obviously happen when you move - there are triggers based on different terrains as we know)
>camp events(when camping), you could probably make training sessions that way
>city visiting events(they have triggers)
>crafting events - they could happen in vicinity of cities with specific attached locations

I mean you have triggers and global cooldown. How hard it is to make it working?

Hrymr

Educated
I'd also love to see some different human bands. Barbarians and savages? Black Knights? Mongol-like tribesmen and Nordic-like raiders.
Yes, Mount & Blade has no fantasy elements and it manages to make random encounters interesting (even if we remove cavalry from the equation): looters, taiga bandits, steppe bandits, forest bandits, sea riders - each type is different according to the biome. And there are semi-hostile marauders who are just normal troops turned rouge.

And what we got in BB? Thug/Poacher, Raider,Marksmen and Hedge Knights, Swordmasters, Master Archers plus some Bandit Leaders thrown in, so basically three tiers of melee/ranged bandit. And there is no difference between regions, only the level scaling. In the early game there are only thugs and poachers, then the raiders and marksmen start to appear and if you want to fight Hedge Knights you have to wait until the late game. Does that sound a bit boring?

There is so much room for the improvement here, and it's not like new enemies have to be created from the scratch.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I have a question about 'Fast Adaptation' though (I started giving it to my archers to better deal with Gobbos, seems to help - at least a bit): It says you get an 8% bonus with every shot you miss, I often only get 6 or 4%.

What am I missing?

Terrain penalties? Rounding up of numbers?

Never paid much attention to the numbers, but even if it is only 6% it did help a lot. Specially early levels when your archers and crossbowmen have a hard time hitting anything.
Just checked the Wiki wich doesn't say anything about reduced Boni either. Maybe if what you're shooting at stands behind anything - another enemy, a rock, etc. ?

They should update the description in any case.
IIRC it's simply that this additional % chance from fast adaptation is subjected to the same reductions as the base % chance to hit - because of cover. 6 is obviously 75% of 8, the target had 25% cover. And so on. As simple as that. I might be wrong though, I haven't played BB for quite some time.
Then it also factors in some 'natural'(?) bonus for Gobbo Snipers though, I missed one standing in plain sight, without cover, on the same height level and only got +5% for my next shot.

Draugir101

Novice
Also, any words if they plan adding new backgrounds? Monster hunters might become a thing now, considering what's this dlc about.

Witch hunters are already a thing, so really that'd be only stretching it. This game certainly doesn't need new backgrounds, and probably not even new monsters. But crafting could turn out to be an interesting idea, although I really think this game isn't the place for an overly complicated crafting system.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Then it also factors in some 'natural'(?) bonus for Gobbo Snipers though, I missed one standing in plain sight, without cover, on the same height level and only got +5% for my next shot

To be honest we don't even have manual and what we know about mechanics come either from second hand or from devs(and that can truth or not or not whole truth). Kind of tiring exercise in futility.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone know if our old BB saves will work with the new DLC or not? I got the impression they were expanding the size of the map too so it's got me wondering.
I believe that rapsdjff mentioned somewhere in the Steam forums that yes , the old saves are compatible BUT you will miss a lot of the new features - especially the new map generation.

So basically your old saves are not completely lost for ever but they will "underperform"

Salvo

Arcane
I must have missed it, what's supposed to be new about map generation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom