Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Drew

Savant
Turns out that my 8 Gb of RAM was the bottleneck. Took my machine into the shop today, had diags run on it. Doubled the RAM to 16, and voila ! No copious fan noise during gaming !
zpzQ5VG.png

Either you're retarded or something is seriously fucked with your rig.
or both

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Is this the game I want that said full game is due around January? Or the game I want that says full game is due around Summer?

Andnjord

Arcane
Well, back from the pile of boredom that is Stellaris and this game is still so damn fun to play. Just finished an undead invasion (the second crisis of my playthrough) and decided to head back into the wilds for some quality man-on-orc time. I've attacked an orc city in the swamps with 10 orc warriors, a warlord and a plethora of younglings.

Luckily my boys were standing on a patch of dry lands, so we managed to clober those greenskins without any serious damage. AND I FINALLY LOOTED A GODDAMN UNIQUE WEAPON, about damn time! The warlord was brandishing a unique cleaver, so needless to say my cleaverbrois now wielding it after personally prying it from the warlord's cold dead hand.:salute:

This unique cleaver has awesome stats by the way, 50-80 damage range, 132% armor penetration. Can't wait to try this thing!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
flesh.jpg

Hired a Swordmaster with 3 level-ups.
HP 40 :lol:
Melee* 82
MeleeDef*** 31 (base)
RangeDef 1 :lol:
Fatigue* 73

Gave him Nine Lives, Dodge, Shield Mastery.
He nearly died fighting goblins when they throw a net, hit him with 5 arrows and 6 bolas. :lol:
Thank Nine Lives.
I put him on the back line after that.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Hired a Swordmaster with 3 level-ups.

I don't bother. I just get cheap peasants and give them a good weapon + disposable armour until they level up to 4 or so. It doesn't take long, and if they croak before that they're easy to replace. Spending the dosh on good armour for my vets seems like a better investment.

BTW sometimes this game just isn't fair. I'm around day 44, and took on a simple and pretty cheap village defence job, something to do while looking for a good contract.

I was facing 28 enemies: fallen heroes, lost souls, skeleton archers, necromancers, the lot. 28

It... did not go well. :(

Fortunately I'm not playing Ironman so I could always roll back to a previous save. Is it possible to renege on a contract that's ongoing by the way? If so, how?

RK47

Patron
what the fuck these direwolves can team up with ancient undead? WHAT THE FUCK?
Was doing a relic contract. Upon arriving at the place, event pops up as per normal as a pack of wolves were running from my merc. Suddenly when combat initiates, I'm being engaged by 12 wolves and 9 ancient legionnaries.

Wiped out wolves and had to retreat cause the fatigue was too much. The wolves were so hard to hit.

Also, Crispy is ok
crispy.jpg

Last edited:

Krivol

Magister
Don't ! It gets boring quite fast. If you are a pussy don't play ironman (well, I am a pussy, also I hate missclicks in any ironman), but veteran gives a lot of fun (and good amount of frustration too).

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
A'ight, got some update on my "almost-full-noble-team". Got one bastard, witch-hunter, swordmaster, one apprentice, 3 starter brothers and a miner from an event (other noble died, so I took the poor fella. He's doing fine with military cleaver)

Basicly, getting only nobles hurts early-mid game as they tend to cost 2-5k. Couldn't find any Hedge Knights when I was around so I stopped at nobles and started buying other 2-5k crowns bro's (bastard, swordmaster and witch-hunter)
I still need to change equipment on some of those guys, but for now it looks like this:

De Havilland family is currently steamrolling thru' enemies. Especially Xun. Ulfert is also extra-good. Other guys are doing fine, but my stamina rolls were pretty... Meh(that's the biggest problem of this company right now)
I'm not finished yet (day 78) but my current conclusion is - If I was hiring cheap guys, I'd probably end up around same levels with better stuff and easier early-mid game. I had only 9-10 guys until day 30 so... As you can see, some early rolls were OP (Xun and Xanth, while other guys were pretty mediocre)
I'm thinking about giving Xanth/Xun "fast hands" and perk that gives +25% armor ignore while nothing in offhand so they can swap to daggers when fatigued. Trying many different things on all those lads.

Oh, also - I raided like 10-15 random locations and absolutely zero legendary items. That sucks.

Shouldn't you give a coif to your archer? Its current helmet is bad for vision iirc.

Also, where did you get that coat of plates so early? That must be useful.

In terms of stamina, do you guys improve it sometimes during level up, or do you just leave it as it is?

Krivol

Magister
I usually level up stamina few times on each character - I'm targeting to have at least 60-80 for each (counting armouor penalty) - it gives you a lot of time before they are too tired to move. I usually level up Meele att + meele def and stamina for most of my front liners (+ fixing their week sides sometimes - like improving broken HP, Initiative or courage).

TBH HP looks like dump stat sometimes (after loosing a Bro in 1 hit even if he had 60+ HP... )

Kuattro

Augur
Are you sure you are playing the beta version?

Uh... no. Playing the EA version that unlocked with the key. That would explain it...

Well, if it's any consolation, you are definitely not the only one that made that mistake.

If you want to try the beta, try this, but as I said, it's just one more day until release so you might as well just keep playing what you have.

Sadly your current saves will not be compatible once the game is released (the ones made with the beta will, minus anything they add that requires a new campaign), so you will have to start again.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Marten Broadcloak - I probably should, yes, but I don't care much as this is a testing company. Archer and crossbowman send 2-3 arrows/bolts and then change to their long axes anyway.
Coat of plates? You mean that lamellar heavy armor (285) or scale armor(300)? I think Coat of plates is 320 IIRC, but I've seen it in shop once. I bought both of them, around 8-10k crowns respectively. Remember that I'm testing these builds on normal.

RK47

Patron
That feeling when it's the last enemy standing, everyone surround him and kept aiming at his head to salvage the armor.

kick-in-the-head.jpg

POP HIS MOLE

POP HIS MOLE

POP HIS MOLE

POP HIS MOLE

POP HIS MOLE

kicked-in-the-head.jpg

Flail's theme song

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom