Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I'm only waiting for 1.1 to jump back in. :)
And what exactly 1.1 patch will bring?
Some QoL improvements and some bonus stuff is not really much.
Come on now, I'm sure you'll squeeze in a couple hundred hours with the new patch

If only couple then why even bother...

If the game is so dead then why are you here bitching about it?

Behold the power of necromancy:
Casting resurrect thread.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
http://battlebrothersgame.com/forums/topic/armor-replacement/
That's why you need modding in your game. Or at least an abillity to add new items ;_;

Isnt the game files packed with a relatively known format?
I remember unpacking it to look at the pics of the unique items.
Dunno if the stats of the items are hardcoded in the binary or externalized in some data file.
There are compiled Squirrel scripts in there too for a bunch of logic (I vaguely remember stats in there, otherwise I would have looked at them after seeing the pictures...). But the public Squirrel decompiler is for an older version.
So, I think that it would be relatively easy to change certain items (BALANCE tm), but my guess, adding others would be not possible, or too time consuming.
Because the order of the items on the pictures was strange. Its categorized by type but some items break the order, the may have Id's hardcoded and checked in some sequential way with some switch case construct. Underlying code is not flexible and not made for modding.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
- IMPROVE the algorithm that determines weapon type, because it's clearly skewed towards certain types of weapons. So far I got ZERO 2-handers in my latest game and a ton of 1-handed axes. Kinda sucks.
It does, doesn't it?

01_zpssx2uw6kr.png

I got two two-handed swords that do a lot of damage, a two-handed hammer, and a pike.

Edit: And a two-handed axe too!

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
I've got two two handed swords and two two handed hammers. Cleared Black monolith all by myself, in one go. Took me 550 ish game days though.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Cleared Black monolith all by myself, in one go.
Oooh. That gives me an idea that it would be nice to be able to hire other mercenary companies to accompany you for joint ventures.
Space Rangers 2 had a system where you could do something like that.

hellbent

Augur
Vault Dweller what's up with the nude bros in your reserves? Got some special work for them?
if-you-know-what-i-mean-meme.png

I assume Vince doesn't want to waste precious money on armoring bros that aren't in the fighting retinue at present. I'll do the same sometimes, STRICTLY for that reason. NOT BECAUSE OF 2D NIPS. Or that's what I tell myself.

Vault Dweller

Developer
These once promising bros have sustained injuries through negligence and cowardice. One bro whose name is Speedy Gonzales claimed that he's become traumatized and lost 30% of his once insanely high initiative and 40% of his resolve. Another idiot managed to break his elbow joint (20% penalty to attacks, 30% to defense). Mace Windu, named thus after acquiring a unique mace, had the nerve to claim that he has a weakened heart (30% less HP). They don't deserve to wear armor.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
These once promising bros have sustained injuries through negligence and cowardice. One bro whose name is Speedy Gonzales claimed that he's become traumatized and lost 30% of his once insanely high initiative and 40% of his resolve. Another idiot managed to break his elbow joint (20% penalty to attacks, 30% to defense). Mace Windu, named thus after acquiring a unique mace, had the nerve to claim that he has a weakened heart (30% less HP). They don't deserve to wear armor.
Understood........Now why do you keep them even if they suck like that is the next logical question. Is it because...they suck...generally speaking? :M

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
So you don't have B-lineup with equipment for those occasions when next wave of enemies is coming and front liners and their equipment is busted.

Krivol

Magister
Understood........Now why do you keep them even if they suck like that is the next logical question. Is it because...they suck...generally speaking? :M

Edited cos' ninja'ed

Vault Dweller

Developer
I was going to fire the first two but they wanted severance pay and I was low on cash at the time. Then I decided to turn it into a hall of shame (half of them are missing noses and ears, so it's not a pretty picture).

So you don't have B-lineup with equipment for those occasions when next wave of enemies is coming and front liners and their equipment is busted.
I have two backup bros (who sustained minor injuries but not ready to enter the hall of shame). I'm fighting the undead now, so I benched my two rangers and sent the back-up crew to bush some skulls.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
have two backup bros (who sustained minor injuries but not ready to enter the hall of shame). I'm fighting the undead now, so I benched my two rangers and sent the back-up crew to bush some skulls.
I haven't made into that far into game to have those equipments.

I'm far too much "once I've got payed I'll see the job through"
maxresdefault.jpg
for my own good.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Cleared Black monolith all by myself, in one go.
Oooh. That gives me an idea that it would be nice to be able to hire other mercenary companies to accompany you for joint ventures.
Space Rangers 2 had a system where you could do something like that.
Don't know about mercenary companies but you can kite goblin/orc parties to Black Monolith, and undead ones to Goblin fortress. Makes things piss easy.

Thane Solus

Arcane
- IMPROVE the algorithm that determines weapon type, because it's clearly skewed towards certain types of weapons. So far I got ZERO 2-handers in my latest game and a ton of 1-handed axes. Kinda sucks.
It does, doesn't it?

01_zpssx2uw6kr.png

I got two two-handed swords that do a lot of damage, a two-handed hammer, and a pike.

Edit: And a two-handed axe too!

I think you need more arrows, bolts and definitely some Throwing axes.

These inventory screens where people storing all the junk are hilarious. Tho the rest is pretty empty so i am curios wth happen there :))))

Thane Solus

Arcane
still playing after more than one month, which is kinda great. I guess now we can trust the reviews on rpgcodex as much as we trust the others. Welcome to the new age DU! Good job!

A quick look on "rpg" forum gave me all the answers tho :))))

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is by far the best of the year for me. I'm literally holding myself from starting another run before 1.1 (so that I might play a couple of other games in my backlog)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom