Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
instagib knife..... anti tank gun that is used as a sniper rifle which is more accurate....... bugged or retarded dice decisions for nu kids crowd?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
JxcXTDy.gif

Destroid

Arcane
instagib knife..... anti tank gun that is used as a sniper rifle which is more accurate....... bugged or retarded dice decisions for nu kids crowd?

One thing I thought was really great about old BF games was you needed a headshot for 1 hit kill sniping :(

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Campaign is going to be shit

There was never any doubt about that. The campaigns in these AAAA shooters are made for the same kind of people who like the Fast and the Furious and similar movies, so offensively stupid to anyone with a working brain.
Just play MP like god intended and forget the campaign exists.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I wonder how much better the MP could be, if they had decided to scrap the sihitty SP alltogether

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
After the game comes out, find some good private servers and the quality of the game improves tremendously. Shit, BF4 with a good squad, voip and a good commander is incredible.
When I play any online game I always sneak myself into the squad that has players with [Clan] tags.

sullynathan

Arcane
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/the-single-player-of-battlefield-1

BATTLEFIELD 1 / 09.27.2016

The Single Player Of Battlefield 1

Fight across the globe in a gripping anthology of War Stories.
ByJonas Elfving / Eric Holmes
rendition1.img.jpg

In Battlefield 1 you’ll experience a series of what we call War Stories: personal stories focusing on different protagonists with unique backgrounds and skills. While our characters are at war, the stories in Battlefield 1are personal. They’re about people rather than history or battles.

The Great War is diverse. We knew we wanted to embrace that variety. There were so many different perspectives and characters in World War 1 and we wanted to cover as much ground as possible.

This made us reconsider the format of what we’d offer in Battlefield 1 single player. We felt that to have one character hopping through those different settings wouldn’t be as immersive or totally respectful to the setting. So we decided on an anthology format; a set of characters with their own more focused stories. That way we can have immersion and variety – a double win.

One example is the War Story Through Mud and Blood. It takes place late in the war and centers on a British Mark V Tank crew. The story focuses on a young soldier assigned to the crew as the tank’s driver. However, our protagonist has no experience of these modern war vehicles and need to learn – and learn fast. Our hero is also struggling with earning the trust of his fellow crew members, so there’s a social dynamic in the story, making the whole thing something personal. Danny Edwards, our driver character, is not an ace sniper. He’s not a crack pilot. He’s not a demo expert. He’s a former chauffeur – a volunteer new to the war. He can drive and he can fix things. That’s where we start.

rendition1.img.jpg

In previous Battlefield iterations we’ve experienced the story through the eyes of one main character, and it was very rare that the camera cut anywhere. But in Battlefield 1 we decided we wanted stronger characters instead of just telling players “you are the character”. One way to do this was to invoke classic cinematics that lets you see your character more than in first-person-theater. We wanted the player to see and feel what the characters are going through, rather than just experiencing it from behind their eyes. That has really payed off for us not just in storytelling ability, but in emotional engagement.

rendition1.img.jpg

One key inspiration for single player has been how people think, act, and play in Battlefield 1 multiplayer. Playing Battlefield games, you usually have an objective, a loadout, and a plan. That plan often comes apart as you’re realizing it, and then you have to improvise to make do based on the enemies and vehicles you might be facing.

We’re embracing systemic gameplay and the freedom that makes Battlefield the high-agency game that it is.

For instance, in the aforementioned Through Mud and Blood there is a part we call The Fog of War. Here you suddenly find yourself in a misty forest. Due to the low visibility you’re moving ahead of your tank on foot, clearing camps of enemies. If you like, you can use explosives to blow up the enemies’ anti-tank weapons, or you can sneak up and do melee attacks.

Eventually you’ll come across a relatively large base with field guns you can either destroy to protect your tank – or use against the enemies. You’ll also have the option of taking out an enemy tank crew, which suddenly gives you access to an enemy vehicle that you can seize for the encounter. This is all designed to encourage players to play it their way – just like in multiplayer.

rendition1.img.jpg

You’ll also get to know real-life historical figures playing Battlefield 1 single player. A romantic and somewhat controversial character, Lawrence of Arabia is a name many recognize. Right up there with The Red Baron, Lawrence is one of the most iconic World War 1 names and I hope players will find it fascinating to spend time with this character.

Facing off with a technically superior enemy, Lawrence is put in a true underdog situation in Battlefield 1. The Ottoman Empire has a giant armored train called The Canavar – or “beast” in Turkish – equipped with a huge artillery piece that can strike from miles away. The Empire’s devastating artillery engages rebel forces – who are wielding rifles from horseback.

In Battlefield 1, you play an Arab rebel that is depicted as Lawrence’s right hand. This character needs to use her resourceful playstyle to scout out enemy encampments, liberate the equipment needed, and draw the armored train out to a final confrontation. Play it loud, quiet, long-range, close-up, on your horse, or in an appropriate vehicle – it’s up to you.

rendition1.img.jpg

To sum up, there are many different war stories for you to experience in the single player of Battlefield 1. We hope you’ll enjoy them all when Battlefield 1 launches on October 21.

So ww1 game with no german/french/russian pov in campaign? That makes a lot of sense :roll: muh fucking diversity with woman and niggers.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Great War is diverse. We knew we wanted to embrace that variety.
Apparently diversity ends where the Axis begins.

Still, I'll be happy to watch the reactions of triggered arabs. I think this is the first truly popular game where the player gets to play a Muslim Arab. This has to be enough news to spark the interest of SJWs.

BTW watched this video, never ceases to amaze me how they can spend millions on a AAA project and still never bring themselves to hiring real writers.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watched the 12 minutes singleplayer thingy they released, looked like every allied soldier was black, while the german was white.

:avatard:

What also was funny with the video, was they tried to be serious/sad/profound with this gameplay trailer. Saying stuff like war is horrible and so on, and no good comes from war while shooting dudes in the head. Talk about guilt tripping your audience. And yeah, like EA or Dice gives a shit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sure, but it's the whole thing. First off, going on and on about diversity, and then deciding setting the game in world war 1 where the majority of men fought and died were white. Then we have the dramatic music and tone of the trailer. - Battlefield is based on events that unfolded 100 years ago. More than 1 trillion men fought and it ended nothing, but it changed everything! And here, look! This is what frontlines combat looks like - then proceeds with the typical BF-combat nonsense... hitmarkers, semi-automatic rifles and the fact that it looked like Polygon was playing the game.

Yes this game triggers me.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Yeah, you are right I guess. It will sell millions and probably already have.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I think portraying African-Americans in World War I is a good idea, I haven't seen the Harlem Hellfighters portrayed in any piece of WWI-fiction that comes to mind. (correct me if I'm wrong) However; I wish it wasn't DICE making it, the gameplay I saw while in terms of cinematic flair held up well, gameplay-wise it was just so generic and banal.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So EA early access releases tomorrow, pre-load today at 15.00 CET. Let's you play BF1 for 10 hours, before the official release 18th or 21th of oct. depending on which version of the game you brought.

Personally, I bought both the EA access for the 10 hour play and the early enlister version which releases on the 18th. 90 $. High price, but I'm a huge BF fanboy.

The game looks smashing, and I can't wait to get my hands on it !

In other words, GET FUCKING HYPED, niggas !

New MP gameplay trailer from "Operations" gamemode from a new map

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom