Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BattleTech Kickstarter Update #33: Introducing the Main Characters, Beta in Q1 2017

garren

Arcane
Patron
The vote with your wallet goddamnit, the left gets away with this shit because they can afford to.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I think it's just silly that everyone is a mix of something, I don't really care if they are white, black or yellow or whatnot, but to me it feels implausible and contrived that there is not even a couple of people that have the same background. To me it appears that they just wanted to cherry pick as many combinations as possible, to make it look fancy.

Thats what they do, its never genuine. Its the world biggest ego trip ever weaponized by Marxists retards, who in turn are being led by dumb globalist who look at saudi arabia with envy of their tyranny.

Sorry for the political rant.

Darkzone

Arcane
The left will go es far as they can. But the funny thing is that the only capable people on this earth to sustain and build up a culture that supports and develops sciences are europeans (here include jews) and east asians, due to their cognitive capabilities and moral values.
But in Battletech there are also white people and blondes, like Lori Kalmar. So perhaps this is only in the Periphery. Perhaps the Innerspehre had a moment of insight and has thrown all this people out. We should then rename Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky to Alex Sarg Keren.

imweasel

But in Battletech there are also white people and blondes, like Lori Kalmar. So perhaps this is only in the Periphery.

Nope. Those are all the main characters.

This also got liked by HBS and Mike McCain (one of the design leads). They are pushing their leftist agenda real hard and they know it.

g1twuqK.png

https://www.facebook.com/HarebrainedSchemes/posts/1153397954728370?comment_id=1153586358042863&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
At least you won't mind when the characters kick the bucket. :D Not to mention no qualms over seizing this on the high seas, yaaar.

imweasel

But in Battletech there are also white people and blondes, like Lori Kalmar. So perhaps this is only in the Periphery.

Yes, and they're all from the Periphery region of the BattleTech universe.....
I thought he meant peripheral (non-main; supporting) characters. I don't know shit about Battletech lore.

That said, why should there not be any white people in the "Periphery region"? Please don't say "because racism and stuff in Battletech". :lol:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG

Not a single fucking white person. This is like the wet dream of a "progressive" leftist. Mitch Gitelman was a huge Hillary fan, so I am not surpised.

Another studio putting their fucking retarded and regressive agenda into their game, although I have never seen anything this extreme. I regret backing this shit. Welcome to my boycott list.
We should fucking email/tweet this to Donald Trump, so he and his chief strategist could make Battletech great again.
On a more seriuos note, this likely was my last KS. I have litteraly had enough...

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, and they're all from the Periphery region of the BattleTech universe.....
I thought he meant peripheral (non-main; supporting) characters. I don't know shit about Battletech lore.

That said, why should there not be any white people in the "Periphery region"? Please don't say "because racism and stuff in Battletech". :lol:

Well, the game takes place in a region of the Periphery HBS invented. Here's their concept art of a Davion guy from the setting's core area:

d33c95c2c1bea7e3c48de081062a004a_original.png

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This also got liked by HBS and Mike McCain (one of the design leads). They are pushing their leftist agenda real hard and they know it.

g1twuqK.png

https://www.facebook.com/HarebrainedSchemes/posts/1153397954728370?comment_id=1153586358042863&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

3StQuWU.png

Hmms. A certain vibe about Sven here...

ylrWou6.png

Saduj

Arcane
Including the "Ancestry" is a laughably hamfisted move. I guess just having racially ambiguous portraits associated with names that indicate "diverse" ancestry would be too subtle for the SJW crowd. Not to mention that by 3025, claiming to be of Egyptian/Portuguese ancestry would probably make as much sense as telling someone you are Prussian/Carthaginian today.

That said, I don't understand the hissy fit. How is complaining about a lack of white faces in the game any different than a dark skinned person getting all melodramatic about not being represented in games?

It's funny to me that the developers are pandering to ideologues in such a way that should be insulting to their intelligence. But I can't bring myself to be offended.

Saduj

Arcane
I knew some of you tards wouldn't like it but get back to me when you can explain why the whining here is any different than "we need more diversity so I can see people like me in games" crap. Be as melodramatic as possible please. :bounce:

Saduj

Arcane
Beating up on strawmen is for retards who can't address what was actually said. I didn't say complaining about SJWs is always wrong or just as bad as being an SJW. I said crying over the color of characters in games is the same as crying over the color of characters in games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IMO it's basically a matter of reacting with the proper tone, Excidium II.

You can go "lol, silly liberal pop culture fetishes again", or you can go "WHERE MY WHITE PEOPLE AT!!!". You didn't react that way either, so why defend it?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Parrots:

Butthurt newfag talking about 'trying to fit in' lmao. Also rating every post same rating I gave him, buthurt detected.

Saduj

Arcane
Butthurt newfag talking about 'trying to fit in' lmao. Also rating every post same rating I gave him, buthurt detected.

You're a cuck trying to fit in because you're mindlessly white knighting for the behavior of others. If you actually thought I am wrong you would have spit out something other than memes and join date quoting by now.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What behavior of others? I was the first to post ITT.

You are wrong and don't belong on this forum with your anti-white agenda.

Saduj

Arcane
What behavior of others? I was the first to post ITT.

You are wrong and don't belong on this forum with your anti-white agenda.

What I criticized is complaining about the lack of people of x color in a game. Had nothing to do with your posts, which really didn't say anything.

I notice you still haven't gotten around to posting any disagreement to what was actually said, as I predicted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom