Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Who the fuck calls missiles Smurms and Lurms?
People who don't know what LRM and SRM mean. Or the number at the end. I've met a few in my time. The lightbulb moment when they suddenly realise that SRM6 means it firsts a salvo of 6 rockets and a LRM20 fires a salvo of 20 makes me want to give them a Darwin Award. Violently.
What is salvo? Is it like kilometres or diameter of the roket?
:happytrollboy:

Also the other two videos are out,if anyone care about the shill.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Who the fuck calls missiles Smurms and Lurms?
People who don't know what LRM and SRM mean. Or the number at the end. I've met a few in my time. The lightbulb moment when they suddenly realise that SRM6 means it firsts a salvo of 6 rockets and a LRM20 fires a salvo of 20 makes me want to give them a Darwin Award. Violently.
What is salvo?
:happytrollboy:

Also the other two videos are out,if anyone care about the shill.
:betrayed:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
tdJh0Bt.jpg

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Two more days until the best battletech game in twenty years is released. Nay-sayers will be on life support, true gamers will immediately level up and attain turn based bliss. Disagree with me and a sneaky capellan will sneak into your home and sneakily backstab you with a knock-off vibroblade.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Two more days until the best battletech game in twenty years is released. Nay-sayers will be on life support, true gamers will immediately level up and attain turn based bliss. Disagree with me and a sneaky capellan will sneak into your home and sneakily backstab you with a knock-off vibroblade.
Don't do this, Cael will have a heart attack.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is really hard choice between this and Frostpunk :dealwithit:,ah fuck it,who needs sleep.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All critics are closet-clanners, jealous that the Inner Sphere is getting all the attention. Keep crying, maybe there will be a madcat in the sequel.

Reminder: IS mechs are more aesthetically pleasing. Clan mechs are aerodynamic to the point of effeminacy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
1. "don't worry, mods will fix it"
2. "don't worry, patches will fix it"
3. "don't worry, dlc/expansion will fix it"
4. "don't worry, director's cut will fix it"
5. "don't worry, the next game will fix it"
Joke aside,the devs have some plans to make it a classic paradox game aka dlc spam. Somewhere heard/read that the devs intend to expand the universe with dlcs and make it progress in time.:lol: That paradox cancer.

ArchAngel

Arcane
1. "don't worry, mods will fix it"
2. "don't worry, patches will fix it"
3. "don't worry, dlc/expansion will fix it"
4. "don't worry, director's cut will fix it"
5. "don't worry, the next game will fix it"
Well to HBS defense, their director's cuts are of good quality.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Knowing HBS instead of pdx DLC vomit.. they'd probably do it the shadowrun way - same game, some new assets, small tweaks, new campaign.

Worked for them in the past, why not repeat it? 4th Succession war, 3039, 3049.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Knowing HBS instead of pdx DLC vomit.. they'd probably do it the shadowrun way - same game, some new assets, small tweaks, new campaign.

Worked for them in the past, why not repeat it? 4th Succession war, 3039, 3049.
I got curious and decided to look up on it. Apparently they intent on focusing on solid expansion and probably small sparkle of DLC. All this if it sells well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Joke aside,the devs have some plans to make it a classic paradox game aka dlc spam. Somewhere heard/read that the devs intend to expand the universe with dlcs and make it progress in time.:lol: That paradox cancer.

so it will have expansions like the tabletop game then?
Yes. But only if it is success,which kind of depends on paradox's marketing team. I do hope that the game is success,seeing how HBS is pretty cool studio with capable devs.

Bohr

Arcane
Man, watching some of the early game again and there's almost no challenge at all, even for first-timers. Then after a few hours they go up from 0.5-1.5 skull missions to 2.5 skulls and suddenly encounter things (like lrm/srm carriers or numbers of properly armoured mediums) that can really hurt them which comes as a bit or a surprise to some. They've gone overboard on the training wheels phase, a more steady difficulty increase would work better imo, as well as boosting overall difficulty.

Reading some of Kiva's comments in the chat to that stream and they're actually more informative than any of the interviews for the game I've seen. Seems a lot of stuff was made easier as it proved too challenging to new players. The starting lance was originally lighter too.

(Tempted to dump all her comments here if I can be bothered to cut&paste them, as there's some that have a bit of thread-triggering potential :shittydog: )

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Over time... they know this isn't a fucking early access title right? God, I hate being treated like a damn beta tester.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am all for complexity,but game being hard for the sake of being hard is not something i am interested in. Difficulty levels exist for a reason. All i am hopping for is hit percentage to not be fucked up. Like missing 5 consecutive times on 90% to hit from point blank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom