Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bayonetta 1 released on PC

sullynathan

Arcane
Just beat the game and it was really really good, but there is shit littered in many places. Bayonetta has way too many QTE's that sours the boss fights. The final Jeanne, Balder and final boss was great but the final boss was very messy with all the QTE jumping and I swear the game glitched on me.
There are also certain weird enemies that for some reason, witch time didn't activate at all when I fought them. Some of those parts of the game where you need a fast QTE or you're supposed to wait for a bridge to destroy or you just die is stupid as hell and the fact that it affects your score is retarded.

Hopefully Bayonetta 2 has less QTE's
You mean these? http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/Gracious_and_Glorious

They're immune to witch-time (except if you have a certain accessory and parry them with it)
Yeah, they were tough

Suicidal

Arcane
Are there any other games like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising or Devil May Cry that can be played on a PC or work well with an emulator? I know there's Nier and I'm gonna get it on the summer sale because I'm too jewish to spend 60 eu.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are there any other games like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising or Devil May Cry that can be played on a PC or work well with an emulator?

I guess other character action games will fit your criteria: God Hand (PCSX2), No More Heroes (Dolphin), Viewtiful Joe (Dolphin), The Dishwasher (PC) series counts, as well as the mediocre Platinum stuff like Transformers and Legend of Korra.

There's not exactly the same but I think they get the right feel across. Once you're done with stuff like that, welcome to the same hell most fans of the genre get into. Hope you like God of War clones.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Dragon's Dogma is more spectacle fighter, God Hand and Viewtiful Joe 1 are brawlers

games I found meh but should check out if desperate: Onimusha 3, Viewtiful Joe 2, God of War series

Suicidal

Arcane
Thanks, I'll give those a try.

Also I've played Dragon's Dogma. Great game, but not really similar to the ones mentioned above.

Perkel

Arcane
Finished it last year. A+ game. Though it starts really boring. Had to start like 3 times over last year to finally get past by first few chapters. But once the thing started rolling i finished in one sitting.

For about 4/5 of game i didn't know that you had to manually change weapon set in order to use it. So i equipped new weapon and i though this was just stat bonus lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom