Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Beamdog appear to have been working on an isometric Weird West RPG

duanth123

Arcane
16091_500.jpg

They are definitely not universally despised.

I'm willing to despise them on behalf of the rest of humanity solely for the incompetence that is including a penis tree center frame in what was to be part of their "pitch" to actual business investors.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish that shit didn't just fucking vaporize when people can't finish a project. At least release the assets if you're not going to use them. "Look at this cool shit that you'll only ever see once!"

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Good find Infinitron .. On one of their more recent streams they mentioned that one of the projects isn't cancelled.. they are shopping around for a publisher. (I assume this is the David Gaider one, but I can't be sure)

At least that's how I interpreted it.

So the Tally is:

- Project 1 : Infinity Engine Support
- Project 2 : Sekret Project in Development
- Project 3 : NWN:EE Support
- Project 4 : Skeret Project Shopping for Publisher Support
- Project 5??? : Baldurs Gate Anime Highschool Game (It was an Aprils Fool joke, but they published a google survey asking if people enjoyed it and what heros they would like to see in that type of game.. wat)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
On one of their more recent streams they mentioned that one of the projects isn't cancelled..

They probably referred the multiplayer strategy game for browser that seemingly actively in development. Many hints (domain names by Trent Oster, "leak" in web page source code, and interview by WotC head) indicate it's an adaptation of Axis & Allies.

Lhynn

Arcane
Inb4 they decide to buy deadlands IP and repurpose the assets to make that game instead.

Bohr

Arcane
Has there been any open talk of what they will 'enhance' in future? (Wondering where it will end, in all honesty)

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't know, if they'd gone all out with David Gaider, namedropped BG2 and Dragon Age, with lots of endorsements from Obsidian etc...they could have gotten a chunk of cash, no? Not enough to make the game, but maybe enough to convince a publisher to come on board.

For this, Obsidian would require them to do a Figstarter.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Why would Obsidian endorse these parasites? All of the owners are old BIS guys and they're probably not too happy about some hacks profiting from old Interplay catalogue.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why would Obsidian endorse these parasites? All of the owners are old BIS guys and they're probably not too happy about some hacks profiting from old Interplay catalogue.

I doubt they share the Codex's aggression toward the concept.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom