Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Ezrite

Learned
I am not sure if this is a bug or a possibility or something but I am doing a solo run of BG1EE to SoD and BG2EE.

In Balduran Island, in the northern part there is a hunter Palin who tries to ambush me, for some reason he turns to a Greater Wolfwere and drops the doll and the baby. IIRC he is supposed to be a regular werewolf and only drop the doll. The baby is gotten from the leader in the wrecked ship.

Don't think difficulty matters for enemy type and I only have tweaks mod active. Playing in Core.

Edit:
Nvm, its a bug. I got another baby from the leader in the ship.

Yeah that is a bug. I dumped the child later on in the undercity or whatever that sewer brothel is called : )

drgames

Scholar
So, should i play BG EE or vanilla BG with mods?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Xeon

Augur
If you want mods, play the original, the EE is a little buggy and mods are a little hard to work in it I think. Nothing game breaking tho, just little annoyances. Haven't played BG2EE after 2.0 yet so no idea how it is.

If you want to play SoD then EE. The extra improvements they added are pretty good as well.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
should i play BG EE

World+war+ii+final+boss_20c58e_4043157.gif

or vanilla BG with mods?

:thumbsup: http://www.gibberlings3.net/ Install BG fix/tweak pack, Sword coast Stratagems and i highly recommend Spell Revisions which was updated not too long ago.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nothing per se, but the new patch broke compatibility with mods like SCS, you need hotfixes (check the Beamdog forums) or a tool like BWS to correctly install those.

kmonster

Augur
Either play BG1 totally unmodded in original 640x480 resolution or play the Enhanced Edition.

If you mod the original it will affect the difficulty and you can't claim to have beaten any game honestly afterwards.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, should i play BG EE or vanilla BG with mods?

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
Depends on what mods you wanted to use. If you just want widescreen, and be able to play BG1 in BG2 engine and bugfixes just install and play BgEE. Easier and works well (also patch 2.0 brought in many awesome additions that no mods for BG1 have).
If you want some special mods for BG1 then you will need to play Bg1 with mods.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/05/update-22-is-here.html

Update 2.2 is here!

Update 2.2 for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is now available. This update includes over a hundred fixes as well as new options and updates! View the complete release notes here.

Some of the highlights of 2.2 include
  • Improved multiplayer stability.
  • New Option: Nearest Neighbor Scaling. A number of players asked for an option to switch the scaling back to “Nearest Neighbor”, so we’ve added this option to the Options > Graphics screen.
  • New Option: Allow Scrolling Out of Bounds. Scrolling the viewing area past the edge of the map is now disabled by default. If you want to re-enable it you can turn this option on in Options > Graphics.
  • UI Update: Character Record AC Display. The AC heading is now organized more intuitively, and summarizes your character’s current AC modifiers at the top as well as the end of the section.
  • Item Description Icons Fixed. In the 2.0 update, the description icons for some items in BG:EE became corrupted. We spent a few days fixing the graphics so they’ll display correctly now.
  • Steam Achievements: Localization Update. Our awesome volunteers have translated the Steam achievements for BGII:EE in French and Polish, and for BG:EE in French, Polish, and Italian.
  • Shadows of Amn to Throne of Bhaal Loot Transition. When characters die in the final encounter in the Shadows of Amn campaign, their gear will now transfer correctly to the Throne of Bhaal expansion instead of disappearing completely from the Realms.
  • French Localization: Voice Overs in BG:EE. The original French voice overs have been added to BG:EE; just set the language to French and the game sounds will change to French. (Only original content will be voiced; Enhanced Edition content will remain unvoiced.)
  • Polish Localization: Voice Overs in BG:EE (Update). The Polish translation features voice overs for original game content in BG:EE, but there was an issue with the voice overs being incomplete. We’ve remedied that issue, so the voice overs should now play everywhere that they’re supposed to.
We’re going to keep supporting our games with future updates which you can read about here, on our forums, or via Familiar updates as they become available.

Full notes: https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f....vanillaforums.com/editor/6m/rocnwm3aghtj.pdf

You've never been bragging to your mates about beating hardcore RPGs like Baldur's Gate, but then one of them asked if you played OG BG1 completely unmodded and you looked a fool?

pippin

There's nothing "wrong" with Baldur's Gate, in a way. It's just that people have played it so many times that they feel they should add more layers because vanilla just doesn't do anything anymore.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Anyone who still wanted to buy the original Baldur's Gate (1 or 2) or Icewind Dale (1) games separately on GOG have missed out. Not on GOG anymore. They're now part of the EE's.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone who still wanted to buy the original Baldur's Gate (1 or 2) or Icewind Dale (1) games separately on GOG have missed out. Not on GOG anymore. They're now part of the EE's.

And what exactly does this mean?

It means that this is how it will go. GoG was a great site, allowing one to play classics. Now, they update the games, content, add shit from some hacks and now you can't play that old game. You can't even buy it. You play a revised edition.

I bought the originals on GOG. I don't really want to play "enhanced editions." Next there will be an enhanced edition of Fallout 1 with random crap additions. Cool, someone can sell it again, but it's not the same game. I personally don't see video games as works of art or any of that borax, but someone is modifying an original game, and replacing the original with that. It's a crock.

pippin

People who want to play the orignal versions will have to pay 2x for the originals.
Previous owners of the EEs get the originals as free bonuses.
Ownes of the classic editions get to keep those in their libraries.

It's fucking bullshit. You can't get BG1, 2 or IWD1 as they were from any download company.IIRC the games haven't been introduced in steam. The thing is anything in the future for Beamdog was related to the fate of Siege of Dragonspear. That went like shit, so their future (plus the future of the orignals for some reason) is bound to be shit as well.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob

It means that this is how it will go. GoG was a great site, allowing one to play classics. Now, they update the games, content, add shit from some hacks and now you can't play that old game. You can't even buy it. You play a revised edition.

I bought the originals on GOG. I don't really want to play "enhanced editions." Next there will be an enhanced edition of Fallout 1 with random crap additions. Cool, someone can sell it again, but it's not the same game. I personally don't see video games as works of art or any of that borax, but someone is modifying an original game, and replacing the original with that. It's a crock.

Well that's a godamn shame, good thing i own the original cd's of all those, jewel cases and all. Really sucks for people who will not be able to experience BG 1/2 as the original developers (RIP Black isle and Interplay) meant it to be played. Not the godawful hackfraud beamdog...fuck it makes me puke just thinking about them. Amazing how many saps they managed to get buy their "enhanced versions", me being one of them ffs.

I really hope they stay away from Fallout 1/2.

Off to the bay i say.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
As a collector of old RPG's, this isn't such a bad thing. But meh, it's only a matter of time before they retrofit all 80's rpgs for common sensibilities. I believe in the original Pool of Radiance only allowed a female fighter up to a 18/50 strength. How long before that's corrected and sold as the original? Small deal in the cosmic scheme of things, but just demonstrates how nothing good ever lasts.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Uh I think what it means is that it won't be sold separately, but people who own the EEs will still have the original download files? You'll just have to buy the "enhanced editions".

Or stick a middle finger and borrow the originals GOG installer files from an internet friend.

As a collector of old RPG's, this isn't such a bad thing. But meh, it's only a matter of time before they retrofit all 80's rpgs for common sensibilities. I believe in the original Pool of Radiance only allowed a female fighter up to a 18/50 strength. How long before that's corrected and sold as the original? Small deal in the cosmic scheme of things, but just demonstrates how nothing good ever lasts.
That was already way too high to begin with.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
That was already way too high to begin with.

:trigglypuff:

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Uh I think what it means is that it won't be sold separately

That's exactly what I meant.

If you want to buy the original games without the EE's, you can't. You have to buy the EE's and the originals are packaged as extras with the EE's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom