Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
I really don't see beamdog lasting in the long run, how long can they sustain this 'enhanced' business for? Is feasting off the corpse's of dead games the only thing this company is capable of?

Morkar Left

Wow, they finally put back to not being able to scroll out of bonds on the maps. And they put in an option to remove the blurriness. Looks much cleaner now (even if pixalated). Good job they listened!
In addition french and russian voice overs are available now. Rest is a bunch of fixes to steadily reach the standard of the original games.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Great... They just need to patch the original intro back, bring the original map back and and delete all content included by Beamdog and all the the bugs from Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition will finaly be solved.

soulburner

Cipher
Found it. Just wasted like half an hour to generate normal.bmp and normal.fnt file which don't do anything :P
Ah, that's my thread by the way - the only mod I ever made for BG. Anyway, you have to put them in some other place now, not in the Override folder I think. Keep trying until all your fonts turn to shit, then you'll know the game hooked them up.
Just some info: the key to changing the fonts is... placing a .ttf file in the override folder and naming in properly. Get times.ttf or whatever, rename to normal.ttf (or postanti.ttf for SoD) and voila! Fonts changed :D

Xeon

Augur
Something is kinda wrong with the faster bears component from SCS in the EE. They are pretty fast, kinda too fast almost look improved hasted.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
All Bears in DnD 2nd Ed had a move of 12", which is about the same speed as an unarmored human I suppose. In 3.5, all bears are speed 40", which I don't remember the base speed of humans off the top of my head (30'?)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, even 1st Edition has them at a move of 12". I just realized, I DON'T have the 2nd edition Monster Manual, or I misplaced it... what the hell? :negative:

Ramireza

Savant
Well, to be honest, the UI that Beammod has implemented (it's 2016!) is terrible beyond description. Particularly the diary and character sheet are a mess.

Thats the sad truth.

Unitl the SoD Patch i liked the EE Versions. But with the new "SoD" Style UI is the EE Versions are unplayable for me. Is there any way to rollback?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Something is kinda wrong with the faster bears component from SCS in the EE. They are pretty fast, kinda too fast almost look improved hasted.
In real life bears are much faster than humans.

Yeah because gnolls and lichs in the game are modelled correctly after their real life counterparts... :M

Mah bearz in mah fantasy gaem aren't liek IRL!

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Yeah, even 1st Edition has them at a move of 12". I just realized, I DON'T have the 2nd edition Monster Manual, or I misplaced it... what the hell? :negative:
2nd edition also lists them at 12 speed. With polar bears the only type that have a swimming speed, set at 9. Bit strange that they didn't give swimming speeds to all bears.

Also, if the attack roll of a bear is 18 or better you're 'hugged' for an additional 2d6 or 3d6 of damage (depending on the type of bear). Wonder if that ever got implemented.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hug attacks are in FRUA/GoldBox. I don't think there were any creatures in BG that had other hug attacks (like Owlbears). Probably just a waste of time to code for just one monster, in BG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom