Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/06/release-notes.html

Release Notes

v2.3 is here!
Beamdog’s happy to present v2.3 today, an update that contains fixes for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear.

Normally this is the part where we’d say “check out the full release notes here” but today we’ve got something a little different. We know our fans like to keep current with the fixes we provide, and that’s why we’ve compiled a RELEASE NOTES MASTER DOCUMENT!!

(I was intoning that last bit in a really dramatic voice.)

The v2.3 master document compiles all the release notes from v2.0, v2.1, v2.2, and v2.3. All the updated goodness is right at your fingertips in the downloadable pdf.

Enjoy the v2.3 master document, which includes highlights such as
  • Tooltips now display a stylized scroll background that dynamically resizes with the amount of text displayed
  • The Candlekeep tutors’ dialogue no longer displays placeholder text when a non-English language is selected (BG:EE)
  • Turkish UI strings no longer appear in English (BG:EE)
  • Story Mode protections now apply to the player’s Familiar as well as party members
  • multiple dialogue fixes (eliminating repeated lines, removing incorrect lines, and closing dialogue loops)
  • multiple gameplay fixes and interface fixes
  • multiple quest and achievement fixes
We are continuing to make improvements to the game all the time based on feedback from the community and beta testers. Hop over to the official Beamdog forums to join the conversation!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Infinitron, is the Codex gonna consider writing a more critical review of SoD in the future?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Infinitron, is the Codex gonna consider writing a more critical review of SoD in the future?

We allow anyone to submit content as a review. It just must meet our high standards of excellence (we don't give a shit if you like or dislike a game, but you better explain WHY and HOW well).

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
We allow anyone to submit content as a review. It just must meet our high standards of excellence (we don't give a shit if you like or dislike a game, but you better explain WHY and HOW well).

I'm not volunteering. I've already written an eight-part walkthrough for the faceroll. Just wouldn't mind reading a more critical review by someone else. PoE has a couple good reviews, f.e.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Without the outlines looks finaly normal, also it's on sale on GOG. So probably it's worth now getting the BG 2 as you get 100 hours of content.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Baldur's Gate UI, perfected at last:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...od-gui-overhaul

pillars of eternity style hud for bg1/SoD finally got released.

f583uzqtcd7w.jpg
35p2dp0jd9em.jpg

:troll:

Xeon

Augur
Where does Valygar go if I don't let him join? Went to his cabin to talk to him so I don't have to backtrack later but now I can't find him and don't remember where he said he'll wait.

Also am I forced to either let him join or kill him in order to do the Planar Sphere? I am playing solo good guy so neither options sound good.

Last edited:

Raziel

Educated
Are you using any mods? Unfinished business changes his location iirc.

You're forced to choose between killing him or letting him join you, if you want to do the planar sphere quest.

pippin

It looks less shit than the floaty EE's interfaces. PoE's interface was good actually.

soulburner

Cipher
I don't like the UI being at the bottom, I prefer how it is in the original BG (EE included). I think the UI elements being on the sides of the screen fit 16:9 displays perfectly.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
For someone who never played the original versions, would you guys recommend the EE versions over the base versions?

Xeon

Augur
Yes, if you never played the originals then definitely go with the EE for the quality of life added.

Edit:
I just beat Bodhi the tactics remix or something from SCS, not sure if SCS is a lot easier in the EE or am I just too over leveled right now. The toned down version gave me a lot of trouble before in BGT with a party but no problem at all while solo in the EE.

FMT 17/16/20 -- Already beat Kangaax, Firkraag, Thaxll'ssillya. Alhoon beat the crap out of me, took a while to kill him.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

^Already did and boy oh boy, BG is so much fun. I rolled a Mage/thief elf and started playing around 8:30. Didn't stop until 12:30. Lost Minsc and Neera early on, though.

Wayward Son

Tbh, I don't know why you guys were complaining so much about the UI. Is it really that different from the original? Maybe they changed it lately in an update, but the only thing that seems that different from screencaps is the color scheme.

Xeon

Augur
The only thing I dislike about the current vanilla UI is the dialogue/feedback box is kinda of a miss and the statues listing box in the character menu is pretty small.

Looks wise, original BG2 still looks beautiful and much better. This mod fixes most things UI releated.

Edit:
Tahazzar is seem pretty hard right now. Can't buff before the encounter because of the place is magic dead zone and can't fully buff during the encounter because I get my spells dispelled immediately and assaulted from every direction, can't use invisibility because every one of the demons and fiends can see thru invisibility.

Not sure what to do but will try again after I get access to Lv9 spells and Time Stop.

Edit2:
Bhaal isn't following to the library, apparently its an old bug with solo, they say switching from singleplayer to multiplayer will fix it but it did not help. That kinda sucks.

Using C:CreateCreature("PPBHAAL") helped.

Edit3:
I wanted to have a little bit of fun fooling around so started a new game and gave myself the exp I have in my main game.

I think there is a bug or probably a cap on how many points you can spend on level up, not sure tho since I didn't bother to test a lot. In my main game I have 36 HLA points I think, (1WA-GWA12-SP1-IA1-H3-SPT12-UAI1-C1-Extra3-DB1) and in my new started game I only get 24 points IIRC.

FMT-24/21/29

Yoshi dies even if you don't bring him huh, I never had him in my party so I went to check on him to see if he is still in the inn but he was dead, kinda sucks.

No heart.

Edit4:
Uncapped FMT is so overpowered. Traps are great and they don't harm me, fighter reached max I think since its only getting +1hp every level and I am not having any problem hitting even with weapons I am not proficient with. Mages are so good as well, they can be immune to everything and deal with everything.

Bodhi couldn't even scratch me. Only ones who kinda give me a little trouble are the Beholders displling all my buffs fast but one misled can deal with most of them and Hive Mother with a Spell Shield and GWA takes care of that. Illithid PfMW and they are harmless, even their blast no longer affects me most times.
OnfzJr4.png

There is no benefit to strongholds aside from the extra experience, I just finished the Planar Sphere quest line and apprentice guy says to visit every week and get a potion, I finished almost everything already so I am about to end the game so its kinda pointless, Fighter stronghold still progressing and not done yet and it was one of the first things I did.

Edit5:
Finished SoA, I think I am done, even with Ascension I really don't like the final boss of ToB so don't want to bother especially since I am not taking it slow to enjoy the story or NPCs, ToB combat is kinda bananas and not that fun.

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
For someone who never played the original versions, would you guys recommend the EE versions over the base versions?
Yes, this 2.0 upgrade is going in the right direction. I can't wait to see Icewind dale new UI improvements and Beamdog's next game whatever it will be.

Will new project title use the same engine as Pillars of Eternity was build in?

Wayward Son

Yes, this 2.0 upgrade is going in the right direction. I can't wait to see Icewind dale new UI improvements and Beamdog's next game whatever it will be.

Will new project title use the same engine as Pillars of Eternity was build in?
Yeah, like I said above, the UI now is pretty similar to the one I see in BG1 LPs here.

Wayward Son

So I just killed the Battle Horrors outside of Durlag's Tower. With a Level 3-4 party. (Most were level 3, I had Imoen at level 4 and same with my priest.) It was very hard, but worth it for the 4000XP per Horror. After several hours and dozens of tries, I finally won, with everyone surviving the first one by separating it from the other one to fight one at a time. The second one, however, I had to revive both Imoen and my priest after. Got two characters (Ranger and Paladin) to level up from it, though. For the second one, I had little resources, only one health potion left. Boy oh boy, was it great to see that last one fall.

A horse of course

Some of the best fights in the BG games are when you're down on health and resources and trying to squeeze by without resting up. Some of the actual "setpiece" battles, on the other hand, are either almost impossible when going on half-cocked or over in ten seconds with all the buffs and high-level spells triggered at the beginning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom