Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Stabwound

Arcane
I don't think this is anything official. The domain was purchased late last year (was previously just a parked page) and it has private WHOIS. Website itself is on GoDaddy.

I agree that it's likely just a fansite. I can't say I didn't feel a twinge of excitement at first, though.

Angthoron

Arcane
Interesting. Domain lookup comes up with next to nothing level of info on this, too.

Still like that track, also.

Edit: NOT quite sure this is a fan site though. A fan site probably wouldn't use a third party to register it (Domains By Proxy, LLC).

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Imagine BG3 with Laidlaw as Lead Designer.

horror.jpg

MMXI

Arcane
Old news is old.

Looks like some fan-teaser-stuff to me.
I'm not sure about this.

http://www.chromewhois.com/domain/baldursgate.com

8707 99 Ave.
Edmonton, AL T5H 4N5
Canada
Administrative Contact:
Oster, Trent

MobyGames said:
Trent Oster started in the game industry in 1994 and worked the majority of his career at BioWare. Through that period he has worked as a Development Studio Owner, an Artist, Programmer, Project Director and Director of Technology. After working at on the titles Shattered Steel and Baldur's Gate he led the development of Neverwinter Nights from concept to completion.

Following NeverWinter Nights, Trent completed two expansion packs and moved into the Project Director role on the next generation BioWare Eclipse Engine. Following the initial feature completion on the Eclipse Engine Trent moved on to doing a new, unannounced project which was cancelled in 2009 by EA. Trent left BioWare in 2009 and started up a digital distribution portal called: Beamdog. Trent is currently the co-owner, Creative Director and Director of Business Development at Beamdog.

So the domain belongs to a Baldur's Gate developer who recently left BioWare to form his own company? Hmm.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Imagine BG3 with Laidlaw as Lead Designer.
Whole game set in the dynamic and awesome city of Baldur's Gate!
No need to go out exploring, everything you need is right here in the city!!
Lots of gay taverns and kobold coloured architecture!

o_O
Also, redefines what fantasy means by completely reversing the traditional role of elves as oppressed minorities, and introduces completely new and original races like Orcs!

Dexter

Arcane
If you view page source it sez:

<!-- February 13, 2012 -->

<!-- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine -->

<!-- oh dear it's coming soon -->

waywardOne

Arcane
BG is done. The prot is either a god or rejected godhood. They might use the name, but at best it'd be something-something-something Bhaalspawn, something-something-something incomplete.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I highly doubt HASBRO/WotC signed a deal to work with EA on the D&D licence, so it's probably boring shit like the BG series being put on the shitty Origin site.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
My money's on a HD remake or some other shit (BG now on Steam/Origin)

Googling Trent Oster leads to an interview about the MDK2 HD remake he was working on (another BioWare game).

Considering that Interplay published both games, presumably getting some of the profit and that Herve needs monies now that they can't lie to investors with the Fallout Online bullshit (how the fuck are they still in business), it wouldn't surprise me.

MMXI

Arcane
I highly doubt HASBRO/WotC signed a deal to work with EA on the D&D licence, so it's probably boring shit like the BG series being put on the shitty Origin site.
Why would it? The dude who registered the domain left BioWare to found his own digital distribution platform.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Probably a fan project based on the recent fan-made open source version of IE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom