Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

BBMorti

Arcane
They seem to have added new classes, are they munchkin derp classes or realistic ones compared to the original ones?

skyst

Augur
I was playing through the first dungeon yesterday and noticed an odd issue that I had never experienced in the non "enhanced" edition. After clearing a few rooms and sections of hallway, I accidentily did a quick load, which is inexplicably bound to the L key by default. Once finished cursing the stupidity of that, I found that all of the enemies killed between my save and the accidental quick load were magically absent this time around. Containers were still full of loot, traps were present, locks locked... but no monsters! :retarded:

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
I was playing through the first dungeon yesterday and noticed an odd issue that I had never experienced in the non "enhanced" edition. After clearing a few rooms and sections of hallway, I accidentily did a quick load, which is inexplicably bound to the L key by default. Once finished cursing the stupidity of that, I found that all of the enemies killed between my save and the accidental quick load were magically absent this time around. Containers were still full of loot, traps were present, locks locked... but no monsters! :retarded:
Happens all the time. On top of that, when reloading while playing Beamdog's new content, scripts happen to reset occasionally which makes you fight the same (often unique) enemies multiple times. This can be easily abused to stuff your inventory with fixed epix loot of those mobs.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I just read they didn't

Xukuth Posts: 27
November 18 edited November 18
Actually, it looks like I spoke too soon. I was looking at the files, which have the correct stats, but it looks like the Polymorph opcode may still not really work properly and give those stats to the shapeshifted druid. Sorry. Looks like Shapeshifting is still gimped.

e: It's kind of insane that this has no included fix. I'd say you should wait for Refinements to be updated for compatibility, then use that fix component, as it's the most elegant one I've come across.

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Another thing I just noticed: items put into gem bags and scroll cases simply disappear. Too bad I noticed it so late, bye bye 100+ scrolls and gems.

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Another thing I just noticed: items put into gem bags and scroll cases simply disappear. Too bad I noticed it so late, bye bye 100+ scrolls and gems.
That's kind of a big issue...
That's fine. BG2 is so ridiculously easy, even on Insane, that I can bear having to role play being... err, mugged, I guess.

Another strange glitch I noticed: fog of war seems to randomly disappear/reappear after reload. One time you are able see a whole, unexlored map along with markers upon entering a zone, other time you have to rediscover previously known places from the scratch. The mind boggles.

edit 2: Yeah, it seems chests and other containers reset after each reload. I could stuff my inventory with unlimited +2 battle axes just by looting a single tomb if I ever chose so.

edit 3: Wait a fucking second: it seems the whole zone has just reseted on me, quests included. Even though I still have said quests active in my journal I am now able to reacquire them for a second time, quest items included. What a clusterfuck. This gem just keeps on giving.

edit 4: All previously discovered map locations have just spontaneously disappeared after a reload.

edit 5: Apparently the whole second act has just reseted on me. Locations, scripts, quests main and side, loot. The opening scene of the second act repeated itself after entering Slums district and meeting Gaelan Bayle again. Act 3 has started in my journal with all of the Act 2's quests copied. I think I'll give it a break for now.

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'm currently downloading this, since SoA is probably my favorite crpg. What mods should I install alongside the EE if I were to play a Mage? (since I've never played one in BG2, god knows why, Mages being as broken as they are once they hit level 7-8 in the 2nd edition)

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Couldn't care less for this pile of shit. I ran into several disappearance bugs, namely monsters and some items. The gfx routine glitched out several times and crashed the game. The UI is MORE obstrusive and and uglier. AI scripts space out frequently.
All that for improvements in Spell FX, a questionable zoom (which btw sucks cause you trigger it involuntarily with your middle mousefinger) and a more comprehensive feedback.

GJ Beamdog. §22.95. Yea, right.

Delterius

Arcane
6a00d8341bfae553ef019aff557f13970b-pi

a cut of domestic sheep prime

My party sleeps up to 30 days(!) at a time to cure moderate wounds. Damn sleepyheads! I'm barely traveling through Athkatla districts for the first time and it says I'm 150 days in already. Working as intended I guess.
That's what the 900 bazillion healing potions are for. Who needs healers anyway? And why do you have a party? Game is easy; solo it ffs! ;)

edit/OT: How many of you use Refinements for BG2 btw? Back in the day, it was one of my favorite mods for all the HLAs. Made late and even middle-game characters even more overpowered, but the extra ability choices made the classes feel more interesting.

skyst

Augur
With so many game breaking bugs, this turd should be yanked from the digital shelves. I feel bad for anyone being exposed to the IE games by it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They even removed the ability to choose your resolution, the options panel is depressing and there is no config tool in the game folder, if you want to change anything you need to venture into the ini file. Enhancements indeed.

Koschey

Arcane
So the Enhanced Edition targets the very limited set of people who think WeiDu mods are too complicated or too much of a hassle to install, but having to change game options by editing the ini is a-ok? :lol:

m_s0

Arcane
I'm currently downloading this, since SoA is probably my favorite crpg. What mods should I install alongside the EE if I were to play a Mage? (since I've never played one in BG2, god knows why, Mages being as broken as they are once they hit level 7-8 in the 2nd edition)
Read bot's post and save yourself the time.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I just run it for the first time.

So, uh, what's the logic behind replacing some of BG2 assets with the uglier ones from BG1? I noticed paper dolls and many item icons thus far.

They got some nice portraits for BG1 EE and now they're gone for BG2 (not to mentioned that people already reported missing portraits for transferred characters)? Instead there are some 6 new portraits with yet another different style that doesn't fit the rest.

I only played for about 20 minutes, but can already say that bugs in this one are indeed teh funny. Enemies with special abilities, like mephits, turn away from you and fire them in the opposite direction :lol: Also I can confirm that the bug that randomly deletes enemies after a reload is indeed there.

Releasing "games" without even a basic QA should be a punishable crime.

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
Read bot's post and save yourself the time.

Oh boy, I guess I'll wait for some proper fixes first.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So, uh, what's the logic behind replacing some of BG2 assets with the uglier ones from BG1? I noticed paper dolls and many item icons thus far.

The BG1 paperdolls and icons are widely considered to be superior among the fanbase. They were created by a talented BioWare artist who died in 1999 before BG2 was complete. The original purpose of the popular 1pp mod was to insert them into BG2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Be aware that you are probably part of a tiny minority with this opinion. 1PP is one of the most popular mods on the scene, and one of the typical criticisms against BG2 was that it substituted a lot of BG1's simplistic, digital design with ugly painted icons and paperdolls, as well as some of the (in many people's opinion) lesser avatar models from Heart of Winter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Be aware that you are probably part of a tiny minority with this opinion. 1PP is one of the most popular mods on the scene, and one of the typical criticisms against BG2 was that it substituted a lot of BG1's simplistic, digital design with ugly painted icons and paperdolls, as well as some of the (in many people's opinion) lesser avatar models from Heart of Winter.

Wasn't it HoW that took the avatars from BG2 and not vice versa?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom