Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
Will BgSoD bring about PoE level drama and 4 different reviews?

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Gotta love this PoE syndrome several people have developed over the months.

"- here's my review about some rtwp game
- ok cool but is it better than PoE tho ?"

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I know I'm gonna regret it.. but I am actually getting cautiously excited for this and am looking forward to purchasing all the EE packs and playing straight through all three games..

I wonder if they are gonna have a sale..

Lol JK - Of course they are gonna do a EE triple pack sell.
Don't be stupid, I bought the EE games and they were some of the worse money I have spent on steam, that added content is shit, the new art is shit, the amount of bugs introduced were indicate of the uterly incapable devs working on the game.

Beamdog is a joke of a development studio.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I know I'm gonna regret it.. but I am actually getting cautiously excited for this and am looking forward to purchasing all the EE packs and playing straight through all three games..

Don't be stupid, I bought the EE games and they were some of the worse money I have spent on steam, that added content is shit, the new art is shit, the amount of bugs introduced were indicate of the uterly incapable devs working on the game.

Thanks Kem0sabe.. I had a moment of weakness.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

That's why I will never ever buy the EE games, and I don't care if I miss this expansion, MCA or not. I have the original games with mods thank you very much.

All of the glitches were patched months ago. BG1 EE was a ripoff at first but they're fine now.
Did they patch the blurry graphics, the awful purple UI and the balance problems caused by using BG2 engine for BG1? (No, I don't like using mods like Tutu or BGT because they mess up the game.)

eremita

Savant

All of the glitches were patched months ago. BG1 EE was a ripoff at first but they're fine now.
Exactly, they are supporting these games to date. So they're cool, fuck the haters

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They introduced bugs to a decade old game that weren't there and took years to patch them, they then ruined the experience even further by adding horrible ui redesign, horrible cut scenes, horrible new maps, horrible new companions.

Fuck beamdog and their apologists

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
(No, I don't like using mods like Tutu or BGT because they mess up the game.)
Oh my, a BG1 purist. I guess a Kensai would be too much for those Xvarts.
Everyone knows that BGT messes up the game balance with its kits, and the encounter spawns. Some people do not care about this, I do. Problem? I use mods for BG1, but not BGT (or Tutu).

Lhynn

Arcane
Kensais are actually much weaker than regular warriors at low level, even weaker in BG. They sort of get decent at lvl 6+ and actually good past level 12.

Delterius

Arcane
(No, I don't like using mods like Tutu or BGT because they mess up the game.)
Oh my, a BG1 purist. I guess a Kensai would be too much for those Xvarts.
Everyone knows that BGT messes up the game balance with its kits, and the encounter spawns. Some people do not care about this, I do. Problem? I use mods for BG1, but not BGT (or Tutu).
The kits I do get, sort of. Let's say you want to play through the whole trilogy without using BGT and going through BG1, that means you can't use kits unless you shadowkeep your character at some point in the transition. So no problem there. Moreover, the spawn system was mostly a problem with Tutu. BGT's creature types were based off vanilla BG1 back then. And there's always BGTweaks' option for the spawn system.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The kits I do get, sort of. Let's say you want to play through the whole trilogy without using BGT and going through BG1, that means you can't use kits unless you shadowkeep your character at some point in the transition.

Actually, BG2 lets you select a kit when you import a BG1 character.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
At which point was Avelonne brought into development anyway ? Is he only there to fix placeholder dialog for an already written storyline, or was he an integral part of the design for this expansion ?

Tigranes

Arcane
EEs are irredeemable moneygrubbing crap - no amount of post-release support can mitigate charging double the price of a 15 year old game in return for a medley of minor fixed packaged together with forgettable new content and deplorable changes like the UI that actually detract from the existing quality.

Now, that doesn't mean this new thing can't be good. After all, this is the first time Beamdog is actually producing a work of their own. So if it turns out decent or better, it's totally awesome news. Now we'll wait for any signs that something good is really coming. Maybe an extended cut of gameplay, or details about the new class.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
At which point was Avelonne brought into development anyway ? Is he only there to fix placeholder dialog for an already written storyline, or was he an integral part of the design for this expansion ?
He was brought in later, just to give some feedback to the already written storyline AFAIK.

Visbhume

Prophet
"Siege of Dragonspear" sounds oddy sexual, as in "ur mom besiegued my dragonspear last night".

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
"Siege of Dragonspear" sounds oddy sexual, as in "ur mom besiegued my dragonspear last night".

See Black Geyser thread to get further inspiration for ur mom jokes.

Incidentally, I like the word 'Grapple' - it feels dynamic and should be in more game titles. I will thus be using it in every conversation I have today in order to spread it's influence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom