Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

Kilus

Educated
Granted Avellone gave it some Ave-provolone approval, but one man can't be the end all be all when it comes to critique.

Especially if that man couldn't beat the opening area of Arcanum.

ArchAngel

Arcane
A bit of nice info I found about upcoming expansion that will warm some of the cold hearts here:
All characters in SoD, both hostile and friendly, will use new AI. Some of the improvements are:
Intelligent team work - NPCs will cooperate to locate and destroy opponents
Intelligent target selection - NPCs will avoid hurting allies with abilities like Fireball, and won’t waste debilitating spells on already disabled opponents
Intelligent difficulty - The difficulty slider doesn’t just adjust damage inflicted by enemies, it also changes their behavior. On Easy and Normal enemies will hold back, on Core and higher they will fight to the best of their ability.

SoD vs SCS - as an avid fan of the latter myself, I have faith it won't be as much of a requirement to play the game for more seasoned combat-oriented players as it was the case with BG & BG2.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If I'm not mistaken, IWD2 take on 3rd edition rules and the very different Ui, would be very different from what beamdog has worked on previously and is working on currently in terms of ie.

Not sure they have the capacity or the will to take it on, nonetheless it would be interesting to see Sawyer throw a fit about his precious half baked masterpiece.

Not sure that Sawyer thinks much of IWDII exactly.

If anything he hangs his hat on New Vegas.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I would never buy any EEs, but after all the good news and MCA's endorsement, i seriously consider to buy BG:EE just because i need it for this.
So there's that.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I would never buy any EEs, but after all the good news and MCA's endorsement, i seriously consider to buy BG:EE just because i need it for this.
So there's that.
If MCA endorses you to blow your brains out, will you do it as well?

Tigranes

Arcane
If MCA endorses Fallout 4, will you buy it?

Wait, half of you are buying it anyway. And he probably would endorse it. For fuck's sake.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Wait, half of you are buying it anyway. And he probably would endorse it. For fuck's sake.
That is funny. Brofisted by a guy that endorsed biggest shit this year: Sword Coast Legends.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Wait, half of you are buying it anyway.

Judging by how many people in the Codex steam group have FO4 on their wish list, I think it'll be closer to 70%. It'll be a head to head race between FO4 and PoE for the most widely played RPG of 2015 on the Codex, and I think FO4 will win.

Tigranes

Arcane
That's a strange way to spell Pillars of Eternity.. :smug:

If Bubbles endorsed Pillars of Eternity it would probably be a mortal blow to my heart, given what an endorsement looks like in Bubbles' inimitable style.

The only thing we know that might indicate SoD's quality right now is the absolute lack of creative talent they have demonstrated in all of their previous releases. That said, this is their first real game, and the very fact that it's on IE gives them such a powerful advantage that you can't write it off before seeing more of the product. Unlike SCL, where we have seen more of the real product and every micron of it smells shovelly.

Lhynn

Arcane
Judging by how many people in the Codex steam group have FO4 on their wish list, I think it'll be closer to 70%. It'll be a head to head race between FO4 and PoE for the most widely played RPG of 2015 on the Codex, and I think FO4 will win.
I got all kinds of shovelware on my wishlist.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane

Atleast MCA will be honest about it without all the "I've played it for some 500 hours now and I can safely confirm it's irredeemable shit" edgy crap you'll see around Dex when the latest Bethesda masterpiece graces us with its presence. Gotta hand it to Beth, I personally think their games are absolute trash but they sure seem to reach every demographic possible, from casual console players to the "hardcore" Dex crowd.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Atleast MCA will be honest about it without all the "I've played it for some 500 hours now and I can safely confirm it's irredeemable shit" edgy crap you'll see around Dex when the latest Bethesda masterpiece graces us with its presence. Gotta hand it to Beth, I personally think their games are absolute trash but they sure seem to reach every demographic possible, from casual console players to the "hardcore" Dex crowd.

It's edgy to hate their games - Yes their games are shitty RPG's but as far as open world sandboxes that are moddable go.. they are the only game in town.

Not to mention they get 3 year minimum dev times and they do generate a lot of content.
Lastly - most games would kill for a modding community as strong as Skyrims and they ship their tools with the game.

They aren't nearly as bad as Bioware IMO - If we are gonna talk about Shit games and shit company goals.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Anyone who thinks Bethesda is better than BIO are plain retartet. Even BIO's worst games are better than Bethesda's best. L0L

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
If MCA endorses you to blow your brains out, will you do it as well?
I always thought that EEs were shitty fan fic mods, but if a pro writer as MCA praises the new content, yes, i will blow my brains out. Or precisely, i said i'd consider it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Anyone who thinks Bethesda is better than BIO are plain retartet. Even BIO's worst games are better than Bethesda's best. L0L

Volly I love you.. but common man.. after Dragon Age: Inquisition it's not even funny to joke about anymore.
It's just fucking sad.. Really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom