Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale Beamdog's Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Severian Silk

I cannot seem to kill Yxunomei. I can kill her army, but she takes almost no damage. And her melee attacks are too strong for my tanks. :(

I am using the default characters.

pippin

I think you could only damage her with +3 stuff or something like that? That's why there's that rapid fire bow there somewhere.

Severian Silk

Would like to know more of this. Thx.

[edit]

Nevermind. That was the exact problem. Now she's dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doktor Best

Arcane
I did when i started the game up with my girlfriend on Coop. She never played a crpg before and i wanted to throw her into the action without spending half an hour creating characters.

Theyre actually fairly decent. No minmaxing demigods, but they can hold their own.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What, as in the premade ones? I had no idea anyone did that. For what purpose?
Probably he didn't know the system?
Trying to figure out the system is half the fun.
Minmaxing would break the game.
Surely there is a middle ground between minmaxing and using prerolled characters. Like sticking with your first roll. But who am I to judge, if that's how you like it then more power to you. Just surprised me is all.

Severian Silk

Do I have to start the expansion before I end the main game? I know there's a dude in Kuldahar that takes you to the new location. Should I let him do that first?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do I have to start the expansion before I end the main game? I know there's a dude in Kuldahar that takes you to the new location. Should I let him do that first?

No, you can also finish the game and import your party. Or maybe it even takes you there automatically after the end, not sure

Severian Silk

I can't figure out how to import my characters with all their equipment and money. I think if you travel with the dude from Kuldahar you get to take all your stuff with you.

bloodlover

Arcane
Question: So how are druids and bards in this game? In particular I am referring to:

1. People on forums seem to agree that druid in werewolf or some shapeshift form is OP as fuck. Is it true? I assume with dual-classing Fighter 7/Druid X

2. How exactly do bard songs work? I never actually played one. Does the bard just stand in one place and sing? Or does he sing, the song lasts X number of rounds and he can attack or do something else while the song is still active?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You can move around while singing a bard song, other actions stop the song. It continues until the end of the round in any case though, 2 extra rounds with Lingering Melody HLA. Bard songs are quite useful, especially the War Chant that you get last.

Severian Silk

2. How exactly do bard songs work? I never actually played one. Does the bard just stand in one place and sing? Or does he sing, the song lasts X number of rounds and he can attack or do something else while the song is still active?
The bard just stands there playing music continually until you tell him to stop or attack someone.

I can't figure out how to import my characters with all their equipment and money.

Uh, are you sure you're not importing the characters as they were directly after chargen? They should have it.
I found out if you talk to the dude in Kulduhar he takes you automatically to the expansion area. You get to keep all your characters and stuff this way.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No shit but that's what you wanted to avoid in the first place.

You need to import your current characters, not the versions of them that were created when you initially generated them.

Severian Silk

Does the expansion use level scaling? It is a lot more difficult so far than the base game IMO.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It is a high-level campaign. I'm not sure about EE but the original game came pre-made high-level and well-equipped import characters so you could use them to try the expansion straight away.

pippin

It's adviced to start the expansion with level 9 characters and to be honest you should consider that. I remember I went there with one or two characters who had just reached level 9 and the rest were level 7 or 8, and it was quite tough.

Severian Silk

My characters are between level 9 and 14. I'm in the ruined castle in the desert with all the harpies.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
That ruined castle is Trials of the Luremaster, the expansion/DLC that was released for free after HoW. It's the most difficult location in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom