Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Android games?

Venser

Erudite
Somehow I avoided having a smatphone my entire life until a few days ago when somebody gifted it to me. So naturally I wanna put some games on it. Any recommendations?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I recently got Lone Wolf (yes, Joe Denver's Lone Wolf) on my phone. It's really fun. Dunno how faithful it is though, I never got the Adventure Book. There's actually somewhat different builds that do things differently, like my Lone Wolf who was like a scimitar wielding psychic. Best part is it's free, so there's no harm in trying it.

garfield666

Novice
i was i the same position a few months ago when switched from my old blackberry to a fairly powerful android smartphone. After some trying and 'research' i came to a conclusion that no, there are no good android games and it doesn't look like the situation is going to change anytime soon. core games (like emulated etc) are usually unplayable on a 5 inch screen and games made for android are way to simple to be interesting for more than a couple hours. there are only two games that i have installed at the moment and these are: a. criminal case - a hidden object game ideal for a cigarette break or a quick visit to the loo and b. steve jacksons sorcery - a virtual adventure book actually adopted for smartphones, that is with its own unique interface, game systems and the whole presentation.

Modron

Arcane
The Tales of Illyria games are actually pretty decent and worth the price of entry, granted the third one was sold piecemeal whereas the first 2 were complete for like 5 dollars.

BobtheTree

Savant
Rebuild is the only mobile game I was able to sink a significant amount of time into. There's also a sequel, but I haven't played it so I can't vouch for it.

Expon

Scholar
most of the best
mobiles game ares ports or not on the playstore

Action
Rockstar games (personal recommendation max payne)
gameloft for gangstar n.o.v.a and modern combat
metal slug 3 (though i'd recommend just using an emulator)
Dementia: Book of the Dead
Z.O.N.A Project X (kinda like stalker. has a lite version)
Deus ex: the fall (kinda crap)
developer of the dead trigger series
Legacy Of Dead Empire (sucky ending)

Aventure and interactive fiction
Telltale games ( i don't like em but what evs)
minecraft pocket (dont see the appeal but a lot of people like this one also Terraria)
developer of the life line series
shadow gate (download this game for free first to test if it works on your device)
inkle ltd (wait for sorcery 4)
this war of mine
developer of the lego games
EvoCreo ( like pokemon try the lite version first)
Choice of games LLC (guys need more attention. recommended versus:the lost one's and heroes rise. stay away from redemption season
Hosted games (user made games. recommended unnatural and community collage hero, stay away from the vampire house)

Online looters and mmo's
BloodWarrior
gameloft has made the dungeon hunter series (going down hill though) also order and chaos 2 which i havent tried yet
Avakin Life kinda like second life
spacetime games for the legends games
Celtic Heroes
Aobimo inc english version get much slower updates
Glu (most of the games tend to be free but crappy cash ins, personally reccomend the eternity wairoe

i settled for "dragon ball dekkan battle": it's the standard money eating machine we've got used to but its mix of puzzle and lightweight strategy and battle against rng makes it entertaining for the short time you're going to dedicate ot it.
obviously it's a huge bonus if you are, unlike me, a fan of dragon ball.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom