Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Best combat build for a first timer?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
MC doesn't help you with combat training, so Dellar's is what you've got.
I'm already past Teron, but I've got training from Dellar.

I'd go with EITHER swords or alchemy; you probably don't want to spend points maxing both. The 4 alchemy you've got should be good enough to make most basic brews so.
Yep, alchemy 4 was just to be able to make bombs.

Turn 1:
7 AP Aimed head- crit
2 AP unequip scimitar

Turn 2:
3 AP arterial strike
3 AP arterial strike

2 AP either equip scimitar

or

1 AP equip hand xbow
2 AP aimed torso

or Bolter
What weapon on turn 2? 2 preloaded hand crossbows?

Also, my to hit chances are really atrocious. Against a dodging enemy I don't stand a chance. Well, maybe with some investment in swords and fast attacks. But arterial strikes will only hit on knocked down enemies.

Jason Liang

Arcane

Also, my to hit chances are really atrocious. Against a dodging enemy I don't stand a chance. Well, maybe with some investment in swords and fast attacks. But arterial strikes will only hit on knocked down enemies.

Head shots knockdown for 2 turns on crit. Take sword up to 4 and see. If you still have trouble hitting and are eating nasty counterattacks, it needs to go up to 6 eventually. If you want a weapon skill to take to 6-8, choose swords. If you plan to max a weapon skill, take hammer.

I'm thinking with your build, after you whirlwind/ swing/ cleave or non-crit head shot, you can use your spare AP to manage your hand xbows (replace any empty xbows, etc). You also get double-tap as basically a full attack, which is nice.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm already past Teron, but I've got training from Dellar.

Yep, alchemy 4 was just to be able to make bombs.

FWIW I breezed through combat with xbow with worse stats (456889), but I had 0 dodge and put those points into xbow instead. I don't think there is any benefit in going to swords and swapping weapons, easier to just xbow all way. Poison + AP missiles with barbed headshots is flexible enough for everything, even easier if you up alchemy more.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
FWIW I breezed through combat with xbow with worse stats (456889), but I had 0 dodge and put those points into xbow instead.
Makes sense, you don't get a counterattack when a opponent misses anyway when using crossbows, right? But, I've already invested those points, so for this build I'll go with swords.

You also get double-tap as basically a full attack, which is nice.
I've justed raised my crafting to 6 and made a nice scimitar. It works fairly well, though against groups I'm simply taking to many hits. But, that's where I'll just have to expiriment with bombs, fire, nets etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom