Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best joysticks or controllers of all time?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
LOL @ the Nintendo ones.

That shit wasn't even designed for humans, it looks like it was made for a different number of appendages than we have.
gamecube controller might look retarded, but it's actually pretty great. Comes in second right after "run-of-the-mill-xbox-style" for me, with it being preferable for games designed for it (obvious but still).

As for sticks.....
FE4_imagefinal__20561.1513113625.jpg

ooh mama.....

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
LOL @ the Nintendo ones.

That shit wasn't even designed for humans, it looks like it was made for a different number of appendages than we have.
gamecube controller might look retarded, but it's actually pretty great. Comes in second right after "run-of-the-mill-xbox-style" for me, with it being preferable for games designed for it (obvious but still).

As for sticks.....

ooh mama.....

Buttons are on the wrong side, if you are right handed you hold the stick with right hand and press the buttons with left.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
LOL @ the Nintendo ones.

As for sticks.....

ooh mama.....

Buttons are on the wrong side, if you are right handed you hold the stick with right hand and press the buttons with left.

WTF am I reading?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hurt the shit out of your hands
Go lift some weights, that'll fix your beta male hands real quick. Hurt your hands, what the fuck are you talking about?
I was 6 when the N64 came out you old cucked out fuck. It was dumbass controller layout you complete spastic. Only an edgy moron would pretend to enjoy that bullshit controller.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
LOL @ the Nintendo ones.

As for sticks.....

ooh mama.....

WTF am I reading?

That's how I learned to handle the joystick on C64, we didn't have arcades where I grew up. Holding the stick with right hand came naturally.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
LOL @ the Nintendo ones.

As for sticks.....

ooh mama.....

WTF am I reading?

That's how I learned to handle the joystick on C64, we didn't have arcades where I grew up. Holding the stick with right hand came naturally.
Atari/C64 were my first as well, but I have never ever used anything but my right hand on the stick(hue).........closet lefty detected.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Go lift some weights, that'll fix your beta male hands real quick. Hurt your hands, what the fuck are you talking about?
I was 6 when the N64 came out you old cucked out fuck. It was dumbass controller layout you complete spastic. Only an edgy moron would pretend to enjoy that bullshit controller.
Playing shooters with 4 people on the couch was revolutionary you dumbfuck. Yes that shit was enjoyable.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, and I bet when you were six you probably didn't like some of the best RPG's of all time either you munted cunt. I judge a controller based on how it feels AFTER my balls have dropped retard.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
LOL @ the Nintendo ones.

As for sticks.....

ooh mama.....

WTF am I reading?

Atari/C64 were my first as well, but I have never ever used anything but my right hand on the stick(hue).........closet lefty detected.

Learn to read, that's what I said, hold the stick with RIGHT HAND and press the buttons with LEFT HAND.

Morkar Left

The amiga stick designed: Competition Pro

Very sturdy. It even had auto-fire! And it was basically the only choice you had if you wanted to play Summer Games once and don't buy a new joystick after.

joystick_competition_pro_03.jpg

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My go-to favorite for right now is my 360 controller. It wasn't my first but it's certainly lasted me at least 4 years of infrequent use. Still has the little grips on the analogues. The controller is big enough, the d-pad is garbage but the buttons and triggers feel just right.

I would say the PS4 controller also feels very good but to my dismay the build quality might not be there. I've only been given hand-me downs but I've always had problems with stick sensitivity. The d-pad feels very nice I hate the placement of the start/"share" (fuck that button) buttons. Buttons are good too.

What should be mentioned is how great Nintendo has made their controllers as of late. The Wii-U pro controller is basically a 360 controller with un-fucked D-Pad, and I've heard similarly good things about the Switch pro controller. I also have a soft-spot for the GC controller for how nice and sturdy it feels, and the duality between the two sticks is excellent depending on the game. Sadly it does make certain genres impossible to play, which I'm not a fan of.

I also have a fondness for Logitech controllers. It was my first PC-native controller and it felt like a nice in-between of Playstation and Xbox. Very bulky, very simple. I liked it but it did not last me long.

EDIT: The triggers are buttons for chrissake, very PS2. Love the design for some reason as well. Screams cheap 2000s hardware.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah, and I bet when you were six you probably didn't like some of the best RPG's of all time either you munted cunt. I judge a controller based on how it feels AFTER my balls have dropped retard.
Lies. Your balls never dropped you cuck spastic. By the way, I was around that age and enjoyed some of the best RPGs. Likely, you were born with an extra chromosome.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Playing shooters with 4 people on the couch was revolutionary you dumbfuck. Yes that shit was enjoyable.
What does that have to do with the controller layout, EXTENDEDDOUCHE. Fucking hell, this site is full of cuck retards.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Fucking hell, this site is full of cuck retards.
M2bLReZ.png

I agree. You're a 28 year old retard shitposting on an internet forum, getting all sensitive and angry about some shit that I wrote. It doesn't get more cuck than that. Faggots like you are poster boys for the incel movement. Go jerk off into your mom's panties and cry about it some more.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fucking hell, this site is full of cuck retards.
M2bLReZ.png

I agree. You're a 28 year old retard shitposting on an internet forum, getting all sensitive and angry about some shit that I wrote. It doesn't get more cuck than that. Faggots like you are poster boys for the incel movement. Go jerk off into your mom's panties and cry about it some more.
Fucking hilarious that you take what the Cuckdex's SJW, Chris Priestly moderators think. You have a nice echo chamber of cucks going on in here. You got all homotional about a controller, and I straight destroyed your ass like a fucking bull. I hope you don't start following me around like the rest of those cuck stalkers all mad about the verbal ass whippings I dish out.

ItsanextraChromosome pretty exposed himself.

By the way, I don't fucking live on these forums like you do. Unlike you, I give two fucks what anyone on here thinks. This place is just a site full of cucked out sperglords.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Fucking hilarious that you take what the Cuckdex's SJW, Chris Priestly moderators think.
Right, because I was 100% serious when referencing your tag. Chill the fuck out faggot, if you can take a dick you can definitely take a joke. It's cute that you can delude yourself into thinking you've somehow won this verbal exchange when the only thing you've done is call everyone a cuck.

You also talk a lot of shit for someone that's, in all likelihood, under 5'10 and either over 250 pounds or under 160. I'd put my fucking life on it that you've never properly lifted a weight in your life, and I'd slap the fucking shit out of you if we were face to face.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fucking hilarious that you take what the Cuckdex's SJW, Chris Priestly moderators think.
Right, because I was 100% serious when referencing your tag. Chill the fuck out faggot, if you can take a dick you can definitely take a joke. It's cute that you can delude yourself into thinking you've somehow won this verbal exchange when the only thing you've done is call everyone a cuck.

You also talk a lot of shit for someone that's, in all likelihood, under 5'10 and either over 250 pounds or under 160. I'd put my fucking life on it that you've never properly lifted a weight in your life, and I'd slap the fucking shit out of you if we were face to face.
:lol: We got a wannabe tough cuck up in here. Get the fuck out of here. You got homotional and admitted you're an imbecile. I didn't need to do much when you're ready to throw yourself under the bus.

I have to say it's definitely someone with an extra chromosome that talks about violence over the internet about a fucking controller. What an absolute fucking moron you are.

As I said, move on and don't be following me like the leagues of other Cuckdexers that are pissed that I exposed them as well.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
:lol: We got a wannabe tough cuck up in here. Get the fuck out of here. You got homotional and admitted you're an imbecile. I didn't need to do much when you're ready to throw yourself under the bus.

I have to say it's definitely someone with an extra chromosome that talks about violence over the internet about a fucking controller. What an absolute fucking moron you are.

As I said, move on and don't be following me like the leagues of other Cuckdexers that are pissed that I exposed them as well.
Note that you didn't deny any of my accusations. Come on mate, you don't want to put your money where your mouth is? Doesn't even have to be of your face, just do a back double bicep pose so we can see those gains. On god I'll post a pic of me if you do it because I have nothing to hide, I know I'm a fucking chad.

Beastro

Arcane
I was always fond of the Genesis controllers even if they lacked buttons early on.

I never owned one of the later 6 button ones, but I found it fit my hands better than the tinier SNES ones.

serveimage

serveimage

I also have a fondness for Logitech controllers. It was my first PC-native controller and it felt like a nice in-between of Playstation and Xbox. Very bulky, very simple. I liked it but it did not last me long.

EDIT: The triggers are buttons for chrissake, very PS2. Love the design for some reason as well. Screams cheap 2000s hardware.
s-l1600.jpg

Still using the one I got from 2006.

I prefer having the D-pad where it is on that since I despise analog sticks. If you need controls fine enough for something like that, I'd rather just use a mouse and KB. For that reason I prefer the old PS1 controller without those sticks that was slimmer.

serveimage

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
s-l1600.jpg
How dare you call this cheap 2000s hardware! :D I still use this exact modell since eternity and it is undestroyable. But yeah, some analogue triggers would be good. Interestingly its successor the Logitech Rumblepad F310 has analogue triggers, but they managed to fuck up the analogue sticks which have enourmous deadzones.
f310-gaming-gamepad-images.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom