Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Which parts of the map are enriched by potatoes? Or just only capitol?

Modrtr plz don't kick it into retardo cause, you know, questions about Birgirpall's (and Banzai) country is part of the meme.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
To be honest I'm not sure that the Youtube duo actually lives in Iceland, but they're clearly from there.

As for potatos...they're everywhere. Where there are cheap homes and underpaid jobs, you'll find potato.

About the only place I'm certain you won't find potato is in Grímsey, which is too small, too remote and too cold. The Arctic "officially" runs through the island.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Much less feverish and shamed, often imperative masturbation and/or eating Nutella from the jar (with a knife at first, but when you misplace it, your fingers) than real life.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i duno. tonight i will sleep and let it run. see whether he turns into a millionare.

I was looking for information on Bayonetta's PS3 patches and

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.851694-Stephen-Colbert-Grows-Tony-Stark-Beard#21056878

Stephen Colbert Grows Tony Stark Beard
Hilarious, but let's be real: Some people cannot grow facial hair effectively.

Stephen Colbert's guest last night was controversial (and awesome) French economist and polemicist Thomas Piketty, author of Capital in the Twenty-First Century. Capital is a scathing critique of the current economic model favored by the US and EU member nations which, Picketty argues persuasively, has contributed to rising inequality in otherwise wealthy nations. Obviously, Colbert, or more accurately, "Colbert"*, is firmly against this book, and made his solidarity with the billionaires the book criticizes known. Well, actually, he made his solidarity with noted genius billionaire playboy philanthropists known, by growing out a Tony Stark style beard for the interview.
Watch the whole thing, but I do want to single out the crowning moment of hilarity: "Then who's saving New York from the Chitari? Hawkeye? Yeah, after he gets there on the bus."

n67y1B.jpg

vi5i1O.jpg

Don't ever change, Escapist.

Caim

Arcane
To be fair I agreee with the banning of that last person. If someone compared me to Kotaku I'd want them gone as well.

lightbane

Arcane
Since the first video was posted here, I believe it would be appropriate to post the sequel (although it's not as good as the first one IMO):

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I liked the video where the Medic played the night guard, made it 'till 6 AM and then Conga'd out of the place in celebration, only for the next guard (the one featured in the above video) to take the next shift.

Sadly I can't find that video, so no linky. :(

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Yes, the former one is the one.

Hadn't seen the latter one, but it isn't that special except for the very end.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
UbiSoft strikes again, this time they fuck up Tetris on the Playstation 4.

Yes, Tetris. A 30-year old game that's available on EVERY SINGLE GAMING PLATFORM MADE AFTER 1984.

They fucked it up.

EDIT: Silly error corrected.

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Just looked up Tetris on Wikipedia. This is interesting:

Effect of Tetris on the brain
According to research from Dr. Richard Haier, et al. prolonged Tetris activity can also lead to more efficient brain activity during play.[51] When first playing Tetris, brain function and activity increases, along with greater cerebral energy consumption, measured by glucose metabolic rate. As Tetris players become more proficient, their brains show a reduced consumption of glucose, indicating more efficient brain activity for this task.[52] Even moderate playing of Tetris (half-an-hour a day for three months) boosts general cognitive functions such as "critical thinking, reasoning, language and processing" and increases cerebral cortex thickness.[53]

In January 2009, an Oxford University research group headed by Dr. Emily Holmes reported in PLoS ONE that for healthy volunteers, playing Tetris soon after viewing traumatic material in the laboratory reduced the number of flashbacks to those scenes in the following week. They believe that the computer game may disrupt the memories that are retained of the sights and sounds witnessed at the time, and which are later re-experienced through involuntary, distressing flashbacks of that moment. The group hopes to develop this approach further as a potential intervention to reduce the flashbacks experienced in posttraumatic stress disorder, but emphasized that these are only preliminary results.[54]

Professor Jackie Andrade and Jon May, from Plymouth University's Cognition Institute, and PhD student Jessica Skorka-Brown have conducted research that shows that playing Tetris could give a “quick and manageable" fix for people struggling to stick to diets, or quit smoking or drinking.[55]

The game has been noted to cause the brain to involuntarily picture tetris combinations even when the player is not playing (the Tetris effect), although this can occur with any computer game or situation showcasing repeated images or scenarios, such as a jigsaw puzzle.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just looked up Tetris on Wikipedia. This is interesting:

Effect of Tetris on the brain
According to research from Dr. Richard Haier, et al. prolonged Tetris activity can also lead to more efficient brain activity during play.[51] When first playing Tetris, brain function and activity increases, along with greater cerebral energy consumption, measured by glucose metabolic rate. As Tetris players become more proficient, their brains show a reduced consumption of glucose, indicating more efficient brain activity for this task.[52] Even moderate playing of Tetris (half-an-hour a day for three months) boosts general cognitive functions such as "critical thinking, reasoning, language and processing" and increases cerebral cortex thickness.[53]

In January 2009, an Oxford University research group headed by Dr. Emily Holmes reported in PLoS ONE that for healthy volunteers, playing Tetris soon after viewing traumatic material in the laboratory reduced the number of flashbacks to those scenes in the following week. They believe that the computer game may disrupt the memories that are retained of the sights and sounds witnessed at the time, and which are later re-experienced through involuntary, distressing flashbacks of that moment. The group hopes to develop this approach further as a potential intervention to reduce the flashbacks experienced in posttraumatic stress disorder, but emphasized that these are only preliminary results.[54]

Professor Jackie Andrade and Jon May, from Plymouth University's Cognition Institute, and PhD student Jessica Skorka-Brown have conducted research that shows that playing Tetris could give a “quick and manageable" fix for people struggling to stick to diets, or quit smoking or drinking.[55]

The game has been noted to cause the brain to involuntarily picture tetris combinations even when the player is not playing (the Tetris effect), although this can occur with any computer game or situation showcasing repeated images or scenarios, such as a jigsaw puzzle.
Never forget ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some nice raging against pop-up tutorials at the end here:

Also, what a strange and obscure system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom