Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

pippin

Pajitnov must be laughing his ass off right now.

pippin

1610831_10152643434131185_696195470854072417_n.jpg

10675560_10152650007161185_8425963338668575316_n.jpg

10881588_10152655032041185_2377628700493827586_n.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't forget Syndicate, whose story amounts to absolutely fuck-all.

As the world’s multinational corporations grew, their profits began to rival those of small countries. Soon they owned small countries and corporate influence was felt at the highest level of world government. Smaller corporations were swallowed up like plankton in the wake of three behemoth mega-corporations, one U.S.-based, one Europe-based and one based in the Far East. These became the only effective world government, unelected, undemocratic, but controlling the lives of the people through commerce.

Then the European corporation perfected the CHIP. Inserted in the neck, the CHIP stimulated the brain stem to alter your every perception of the outside world. Better than any drug, the CHIP gave hope to millions by numbing their senses to the misery and squalor around them. One CHIP would convince users that the sun shone and the birds sang even as they walked through the constant acid rain drizzle. Another that they were glamorous or handsome – they’d look in the mirror and see a different face – while the rest of the world would see them as they really were.

The CHIP was a technological revolution and sold countless units with the slogan ‘Why change your world when you can change your mind’. It also left the user open to auto-suggestion and gave the corporations the perfect tool for manipulating the populace. Like any new and potent drug, control of the CHIP meant control of the people. Soon the corporations were at war among themselves, desperate to monopolize CHIP manufacture. But the corporations’ thirst for power left them open to infiltration. With money earned through pirating CHIP technology, crime Syndicates bribed and
murdered their way into corporation boardrooms. It wasn’t long before the Syndicates became the controlling force all over the globe, with a finger in the pie of every transaction, criminal or otherwise, worldwide.And in the crime Syndicates of tomorrow those in control don’t need uzis for back up. Teams of custom-built cyborg agents hunt down rivals and traitors, and spread the
influence of the Syndicates across the globe.
Conclusion - Scooby Doo guys had already CHIP and brainwashed the people behind the list. Or just simply bribed :troll:

Remember that Icon of Sin sculpture that someone did, that even had a tiny Romero head? Looks like John himself ended up buying it for Christmas.

tumblr_ngzei74JDE1szcxzqo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
http://www.destructoid.com/the-winn...narrative-design-of-the-year-is--285349.phtml

These are not choose-your-own-adventure games or fragmented "cut scene, gameplay, cut scene" experiences. These are games that work to make "story" and "play" one and the same. That's my guess as to why they earned the popular vote of Destructoid's staff for this year's awards. Congratulations to the teams at Supergiant Games and Necrophone Games for your wins. Next up, we'll look at games with the best world design of 2014.

transistor and jazzpunk won.

Caim

Arcane
(INB4 longer list of games with "Dark".)

20120918035710!Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
Perfect Dark
Dark Void
The Darkness
The Darkness II
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Dark Sector
DarkEnd
Alone in the Dark
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
Dark Matter
Dark Raid
Sins of a Dark Age
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy
Dark

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Total Biscuit GOTY Awards:

Intro - 00:03
Award list - 2:09
Best Soundtrack - 2:50
Best Thing to come out of Crowdfunding - 8:06
Most interesting Gaming Youtube channel that isn't mine - 16:20
The Stop Preordering Videogames award for Biggest Launch Disaster - 23:14
Most Impressive Aesthetic - 32:39
Best Expansion/DLC - 40:33
Best Mobile Game - 50:35
The game I turned my consoles on for the most this year - 58:08
The game that most surpassed my expectations - 1:06:43
The Sharpened Pitchfork award for dodgiest games company of the year - 1:17:55
The game that most needs to see the light of GabeN - 1:27:57
Outro and thanks - 1:34:41

Wasteland 2 gets a mention in the crowdfunding segment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom