Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
First we had Gordon Freeman on crack, now we have Gordon Freeman on ecstacy:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
mana-tank.jpg

72850_2015_01_02_00014.gif

Astral Rag

Arcane
Spreedrunning games devoid of RNG and random factor is so boring only people with boring characters could excel at it. That's why such games have mostly asian speedrunners. Speedrunning X-Com- amazing. Speedrunning something with every piece set and acting predictably- you can write a script for that.:kingcomrade:

You do realize that speedruns for X-Com abuse save/load in order to get the perfect maps and have all shots hit, right?

Black

Arcane
You do realize that's not *REAL* speedrunning? Same with every run that abuses game's seeds. Either roll with RNGesus or go home.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Try speedrunning Trials Evolution or Fusion. Glitches that exist are there just to fuck up your run. Rest is pure skill. Funny thing about it is that the better you're at it, the game looks piss easy to play to someone watching you, while the reality is pure opposite.
This isn't the player's fault.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
You do realize that's not *REAL* speedrunning? Same with every run that abuses game's seeds. Either roll with RNGesus or go home.
That's a time attack, not a speedrun. Whereas a speedrun is a display of skill in playing a game as fast as humanly possible, a time attack is about exploring the theoretical limits of how fast a game can be finished, using cheat tools when needed.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I don't know what the deal with speed runners is. Why would you want to beat a game by glitching it? Or why would you want to count those kinds of runs as speed runs? Just play through the game as fast as possible while beating all the bosses. I could understand glitching past cutscenes and dialogue, but not bosses or fights, things you actually have to play through and overcome.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
probably the most annoying thing about this is the fact that it's a really impressive bit of scripting
Not really, most of the magic happens thanks to the other mods, namely the body replacers like CBBE which paint appropriate weights on the areas, and skeleton replacers, which allow those areas to be weighted against specific bones.
With those set up, the mod's effect could be accomplished simply with this being run periodically: Player.Weight = Player.Magicka / Player.MaxMagicka
Or another similar little snippet.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Brian Raynolds is dreaming of making Action shooter/Rpg in Alpha Centauri universe.

Reynolds says the System Shock rights sound as convoluted as the Alpha Centauri rights, and his follow-up explanation reveals his desire to be able to create a shooter based on the 4X strategy series he helped design at Firaxis. Here's word:

I think EA mostly owns it but Firaxis has the right to develop, but Firaxis is now part of 2K, so it's a big gordian knot. And the main original story guy (me) doesn't work at any of those places. On the other hand I remember back in the 90's when the Civ rights were a complete mess e.g. Activision, Hasbro, Spectrum Holobyte, Avalon Hill, Hartland Trefoil. Miraculously that particular IP Humpty Dumpty got put back together again which is why there are still new Civ games. Of course what I really want to do is a shooter/RPG in the Alpha Centauri universe :)

Not sure if serious though.

:popamole:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

https://www.facebook.com/ken.levine.9/posts/10204749789483536

Ken Levine made a thread on fb about property rights of System Shock. Turns out he himself doesn't know who owns it right now. Take Two has the rights to Bioshock, that's certain. George Broussard suggests making a kickstarter for SS spiritual successor based on Unity Engine. After that there is Raynolds info about the rights for AC brand, which are "similarly incomprehensible". After that is what I've quoted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom