Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Q*Bert Enhanced Edition:

Because why not?

The Fish

Arcane
3jmjGG5.png

Electronic Arts chief creative officer Richard Hilleman said:
The average player probably spends two hours to learn how to play the most basic game.

Shadow of Mordor design director Michael de Plater said:
Every game is an RPG now

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-our-games-are-too-hard-to-learn/1100-6425141/

Martius

Liturgist
Last time it was good because they wanted Call of Duty fans to play Dragon Age 2 and now its bad? Damn, they should make up their minds. Eh, I wonder for how long they will filling progress bar and rpg. I guess that makes Assassin Creed and Batman rpg, right?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shadow of Mordor design director Michael de Plater said:
Every game is an RPG now

Well don't take it out of context.

"Every game is an RPG now," he said. "You wouldn't make a game without progression and levels and XP. And I think every game is going to be a social game...good ideas propagate."

In context it's much worse.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That's what Ubisoft was talking about - doing animations for different species (cats and women) is expensive and time consuming. That's why you'll never play as one of them. Cause why would you play as something else than bald space marine or hooded fella. And why would you waste time on it when your slaves are barely alive with current workshift are busy copypasting old content. with minor tweaks and retouch, for another sequel of same shit that people will buy no matter how broken it is?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom