Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Nowdays I just take a picture of the board.

Drax

Arcane
It's ok to write down the stuff that's on the blackboard.
Taking "notes" while the teacher is explaining something is a supremely faggy thing to do.
Just listen and use your brain you maggots. I'm a fucking stoner and still could get good grades without this "note-taking" bullshit you youngsters seem to enjoy so much.
And get off my lawn!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am absolutely with Drax. I mean, I know some people need to write shit down to memorize it, but I am almost 100% convinced that if you just focus 100% on the lecture you will learn way more.

I've -never- taken notes, just like Drax, except for the stuff on the black board (the stuff not in the script / slides.) If you pay attention you will remember everything you need to pass the class, you won't even have to study or cram for the exam unless you want like straight A's.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Taking "notes" while the teacher is explaining something is a supremely faggy thing to do.
I want to see you passing through the lecture of my electromagnetic field lecturer without notes.

You didn't only have to memorise it, you've had to understand it because he was only showing the theory and you've had to solve problems with it on the exam. Horrible fucking thing, even more so because it's ultimately useless unless you really want to re-invent the wheel in places where you have existing formulas ready.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
FJxwsUy.jpg

Wow, I hope your kids never touch your wife's game, Kanye.

Drax

Arcane
You didn't only have to memorise it, you've had to understand it because he was only showing the theory and you've had to solve problems with it on the exam. Horrible fucking thing, even more so because it's ultimately useless unless you really want to re-invent the wheel in places where you have existing formulas ready.

In that particular case, I'd say the problem is having a shitty teacher.

In my experience 95% of professors nowadays have some variety of online-available lecture notes, and a good majority videotape or voice record the lesson while they are giving it so you can review the whole thing at your leisure.

I am absolutely with Drax. I mean, I know some people need to write shit down to memorize it, but I am almost 100% convinced that if you just focus 100% on the lecture you will learn way more.

I've -never- taken notes, just like Drax, except for the stuff on the black board (the stuff not in the script / slides.) If you pay attention you will remember everything you need to pass the class, you won't even have to study or cram for the exam unless you want like straight A's.

This is my experience as well.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
In my experience 95% of professors nowadays have some variety of online-available lecture notes, and a good majority videotape or voice record the lesson while they are giving it so you can review the whole thing at your leisure.
In my experience, it's the 5% that make all the problems and have the most retarded exams.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

This. Although there are exceptions. I once had this half retarded old Asian lady, who looked like a witch, teach the statistics 30x class. Fuck, I couldn't understand her disjointed English and metaphors at all. She kept babbling about how statistics is alive and you must think of it as competing, evolving creature. Long story short I was forced to write down every word, rearrange all the words after class so that they were in a logical order and then go over the lecture. It was a massive pain in the ass, I hope that bitch is now dead.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
He would have better luck if he would use the same emphasis twice in a row, instead of constantly changing his tone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom