Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

From comments :roll::

JR says:
Between Dear Esther, Dream, and now Gone home, I an loving the sudden revival of first-person, Myst-like exploration games.

John Walker says:
There’s *nothing* Myst-like about this! And I’ll slap you and challenge you to a duel for saying so.

Faxmachinen says:
Nice to see you stick up for Myst for once, John. Sometimes I still miss the era where the puzzle games were pre-rendered beauties rather than those unsightly polygonal things. Even with today’s ludicrous polygon counts, it still leaves me feeling empty inside.

John Walker says:
I think you might have slightly misinterpreted my angle here : )

Gone Home is amazing, which is the first of the reasons it’s nothing like Myst.

Astral Rag

Arcane
From comments :roll::

:negative:

Faxmachinen says:

Obviously. Riven, Exile and Revelation are the pretty ones, and I wouldn’t recommend playing the original Myst to anyone. RealMyst is a decent replacement if you want to play the entire series.

John’s criticisms of the graphics are not really fair though, seeing as everything looked like ass back in 1993.

:negative:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I still wonder why we keep getting posts about the crap that comes from RPS. I just don't see the appeal of that site or its writers.

Those old arcade ports are like 3kb in size, when you need to put several games in a cartridge you can't be too picky. The good stuff like Mario and Megaman take a whole cartridge and sell by themselves.

edit:
I had a Phantom System, huehue NES clone from back when Nintendo didn't want anything to do with us. On magazines like SuperGamePower or GamePro there were ads about it. Pretty decent, actually. Could run jap cartridges. It had a Genesis Mega Drive controller for some reason.

VaqsL7.jpg

A+ graphic design over there, by the way

"ENTER T | HE FRAY"

Dayum bro, my brother had one of these. My dad also loved it, and he fondly remembers a racing game that could be 3D.
Didn't know there was a time Nintendo didn't want to do anything with us.

Then again I'm one of these kids who always thought that the SNES >>> Megadrive.

Beowulf

Arcane
I still wonder why we keep getting posts about the crap that comes from RPS. I just don't see the appeal of that site or its writers.

The Flare Path column is actually decent - you know, the fridays series of articles about simulation and strategy games.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Samus sounds like she's on the verge of tears the whole time. The "Zero suit Samus" look is even worse IRL (outside of fap-bait cosplay). In armor scenes were okay inside the structure but extremely ugly outside.

2/10, nowhere near as fun as super metroid. It got an extra 1/10 for reminding of that amazing game though.

Funny commentary at first, but then he descends into a rant about the backstory for a multiplayer shooter...stuff like I Am Bread, Goat Simulator and Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 are successful, people don't care about retarded premises. The servers are likely deserted because under the funny backstory it's just another multiplayer shooter.

pippin

The games you mentioned are joke projects, and this is one as well, but there's something sad about playing a game about larpers.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
/\ He's right. You keep letting degenerates gain ground, and next thing you know the degenerates are fucking your babies.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom