Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Too much popamole garbate itt.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm not gonna go over into the Bethesda sub-forum for the answer to my only question(s) regarding Fallout 4, so I'm just gonna ask it here and hope someone takes the bullet for me:

What's the deal with "synths" in that game? Why are everyone so opposed to them?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I'm not gonna go over into the Bethesda sub-forum for the answer to my only question(s) regarding Fallout 4, so I'm just gonna ask it here and hope someone takes the bullet for me:

What's the deal with "synths" in that game? Why are everyone so opposed to them?

I guess it's a Blade Runner knock-off.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

anus_pounder

Arcane
CUelBIa.jpg

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://techraptor.net/content/blizzard-goes-after-bot-maker-for-copyright-infringement
Blizzard has decided to once again target bot makers with copyright claims, in an attempt to put a stop to cheating in their games. Blizzard has now filed a lawsuit against James Enright and several unnamed defendants who Blizzard claims are the creators of bots that allows users to cheat in World of Warcraft, Diablo and Heroes of Storm, and others games. Blizzard refers to the bots as “malicious software products” in the suit. While bots may ruin the game for many players, and might potentially cause financial harm to Blizzard, a copyright claim is a bit of a stretch in this case.

This is certainly not the first time Blizzard has gone after bot makers with dubious copyright claims. In 2010, Blizzard had gone after the creator of a bot that allows players to play WoW on autopilot. Blizzard tried to argue that any violation of the EULA could be considered copyright infringement. The Ninth Circuit ruled that it was not copyright infringement because no copyrights were being violated. The bot is not a copy or derivative work but a completely original creation. Since the bots violated the EULA, it could be considered breach of contract, but not a copyright violation.

Despite clear precedent that merely violating the EULA is not a copyright violation, Blizzard has decided to continue to going after bot makers with copyright claims. In this case Blizzard is also suing for breach of contract and interference with contractual relations, because the bot makers are encouraging other users to violate the EULA. Blizzard also claims that the bots lead to declining player interest which has caused them to lose millions of dollars in revenue, while the bot makers enrich themselves at Blizzard’s expense. Blizzard is seeking an order from the court to prevent further distribution of the bots, as well as damages up to tens of millions of dollars.

In another twist in the case, TorrentFreak was contacted by Zwetan Letschew, CEO of Bossland GmbH, a German company. He claims his company created and owns the bots in question, and the defendant named in the case by Blizzard is not the creator of the bots, nor even connected to them in any way. “I find it funny,” he stated, “no not even funny, but ridiculous for a company of this size, to go after and mention publicly people, that are at best random freelancers, keeping in mind that they sued the creator of the software in question in Germany.”

However, Blizzard explicitly refers to Enright as being part of an international team. They may simply be targeting him in American courts because he is an American, while going after their Germans in their own country. In any case, Blizzard appears to think he is connected to the bots, despite Letschew’s claims on the matter.

Caim

Arcane
Oh bravo, you had me believe that was an actual thing and that Game Theory was actually THAT stupid. Brofist to you, good sir.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
IGN journalists criticize PCs for not being able to record gameplay lke their XBOX can, then manually delete the embarrassing video

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
IGN journalists criticize PCs for not being able to record gameplay lke their XBOX can, then manually delete the embarrassing video

fTX1u6Z.png

This should be good.
e. Found this on :https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/3t5s54
/ign_journalists_criticize_pcs_for_not_being_able/

Seagull84 0 points an hour ago

Yes, I co-managed IGN's Syndication team and DRM. This was a manual claim.

When videos pop up with IGN's content in them, they are claimed. It doesn't matter what the content is, or how the video is discovered (auto/manual). Typically, IGN would auto-claim a hundred or so videos/day, and manually claim 10 or so that were discovered through social.

So manually claiming/removing the video has absolutely nothing to do with the video's content. The Syndication team was just doing its normal routine.
additional e. Though I found this comment from dude who uploaded that YT video
BLACKB0ND 15 hours ago (edited)
+MarcusSoulCombos Um no, dude got backed into a corner. Tried to lie and damage control his way out and then MANUALLY removed the video. I've had plenty of exerts from IGN before. Never an issue until NOW.

Yet another edit 'cause why the fuck not.
IGN does damage control.
https://archive.is/n92D1
IGN Publisher Statement Regarding Unlocked / PC vs. Xbox One Video Capture ( self.pcmasterrace )
submitted an hour ago by TalIGN Tal Blevins (IGN Publisher)
I wanted to take some time to address the comments and concerns about IGN's recent episode of Unlocked regarding video capture on the PC.
Obviously the intention was never to decry the PC for lack of video capture functionality – we capture PC video every day at IGN. I can't speak directly for the cast of the show, but I personally took the point as noting the Xbox One has an inherent function when the Kinect is enabled to allow capture of recent gameplay with a simple voice command. Of course, it is totally possible to enable similar features in Windows 10, but it isn't on by default or as accessible as it is with a Kinect-enabled Xbox One.
In this case, I agree with many of you that the point wasn't very clear and there was also a lack of understanding of the PC's capabilities. Shows like Unlocked, Beyond, NVC and Game Scoop are all live conversation that are outlined, but unscripted. While we strive to always be 100% accurate in our statements, because of the off-the-cuff nature of these shows, there will be occasional slipups, and participants will sometimes misspeak. When that happens, we regret any errors and obviously mean no offense by them.
In regards to the YouTube video posted as a criticism to the Unlocked segment, we've removed the copyright strike and I apologize for that happening in the first place. That action was not vetted through our normal process, and we are taking steps to ensure all of our employees are familiar with the proper procedure going forward. As critics ourselves, we value open, civil conversation and critiques, and we're not above admitting when we're wrong. We also respect and support the right to fair use, which we depend on ourselves every day.
Sincerely,
Tal Blevins Publisher, IGN.com

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I mean...what the fuck? There's like 1% chance he's actually that fucking retarded he doesn't know how to record a video on the PC. It's saying something that I'm even considering the chance they're that stupid, though.

Riskbreaker

Do love how he just keeps doubling down, despite how it should be obvious even to him that he looks like one complete and utter ignoramus. He's obviously not used to folks talking back to him, or challenging him in any way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom