Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wellspring: Altar of Roots - tactical RPG inspired by JRPGs (formerly Bevontule)

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Greenlit!

A big thanks to everyone that voted! We had a decent amount of traffic through RPGCodex--really awesome! Now it's back to the development grind for now!

Question: Would people be interested in us linking our development videos/devlogs here as well? We post fairly regularly on our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Gamejolt), but many of these are very small updates and I don't want to come off as super spammy, if nothing else, as to not dilute more substantial updates.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Greenlit!

A big thanks to everyone that voted! We had a decent amount of traffic through RPGCodex--really awesome! Now it's back to the development grind for now!

Question: Would people be interested in us linking our development videos/devlogs here as well? We post fairly regularly on our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Gamejolt), but many of these are very small updates and I don't want to come off as super spammy, if nothing else, as to not dilute more substantial updates.
Yes, please. Post whatever update you want in here.

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Game development can be extremely entertaining, challenging and rewarding. And then there's whatever the hell this is... maybe we can release a DLC pack specifically to fix this glitch? :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We've spent a lot of time fleshing out the 'front-end' for our skill system and I think we're starting to get somewhere! This is still a work-in-progress and we're open to any feedback or suggestions on how we can improve the user experience and presentation. (Sound effects are, by no means, final)

gestalt11

Arbiter
Yes, animation speed is retarded. Needs to be a lot faster for sure.

I think this is a major problem I have with all JRPGs, the battles feel like they take 5 times as long due to animations. Its one of the reason I stopped playing Anachronax even though I was liking the game quite a bit.

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Yes, animation speed is retarded. Needs to be a lot faster for sure.

I think this is a major problem I have with all JRPGs, the battles feel like they take 5 times as long due to animations. Its one of the reason I stopped playing Anachronax even though I was liking the game quite a bit.

Yeah, that's something we've massively improved since the last demo (jesus, I think that was almost a year ago or longer :O ) Since Bevontule has tactical battles that can sometimes take several minutes apiece, we've spent quite a bit of time making the battle as 'streamlined' and quick as possible by cutting out excess delays where we can.

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Hi all! Recently added a new blog post (after an inexcusably long hiatus) that talks a little bit about the past eight to nine months of Bevontule development as well as our future development plans. Instead of dealing with trying to post the entire thing here (it's pretty lengthy), I'll just link to it here.

Also, here's a picture of some cabbages:

CLNwq3l.png

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
"I'd rather charge into a hundred spears than even the flimsiest Kelvari..."

If you had to pick ONLY one of these sketches to further develop, (excluding #10) which one would you go with?

LEUHqlF.jpg

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Thanks guys! I know we've been fairly mum about some of the 'mythology' of this game--in a few days, we hope to show off more-realized concept art of #10, in particular, just to show the direction that we're heading in.

PS: I can finally add 'flair' to posts, the training wheels are off, fellas!

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Here is a more fully-realized concept art version of the #10 sketch:

EoT2azl.jpg

"The Kelvari are abominations, born of wood and flesh, stone and bone, flora and fauna. They understand only a singular goal: to destroy all of humanity and its creations. They'll never tire, never falter and never stop."
-Commander Clermont of the Auvanian Kelvari Division

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom