Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Binary Domain for PC

Angthoron

Arcane
Argh, now I have to juggle between BD and Risen 2 and there's GW2 beta to play the living shit out of...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
CDS Impressions:

Princess Pounder: Enemies are very agressive and mobile. So shooting them in the legs and knocking them down is definitely a good move.
RKXXXXVII: Tell me Moar.
Princess Pounder: But they swarm a lot, so distracting them by shooting one in the head and disabling its friend/foe system can distract them enough for a good grenade.
RKXXXXVII updates his binarydomain.txt
Princess Pounder: Your health isn't the biggest either, so no rambo rushes here.
RKXXXXVII: now final verdict
RKXXXXVII: better than ME3?
Princess Pounder: As a shooter ? Absolutely.
RKXXXXVII: YEAH
RKXXXXVII presses X
RKXXXXVII: FUCK
RKXXXXVII: YEAH
Princess Pounder: In terms of dialogue, well....its more entertaining. I'll leave it at that.
RKXXXXVII: Good good.
Princess Pounder: Big Bo is a stereotypical big black soldier.
RKXXXXVII: I can stop participating in the co op events.
Princess Pounder: So stereotypical that I couldn't understand a few of his jive sentences.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Hell yes I knew I was doing the right thing by leaving off ME3 to wait for this superior shooting product

I will endeavor to be best future buddies with mr robot
:thumbsup:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Excellent. Looks like it won't just be RK, Anus, and I broing it up in MP then. I wasn't aware this had even been mentioned on Codex, as opposed to just CDS.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I may be a sucker for this sort of stuff. When it falls down to at least $30. Gonna look for sales now...

EDIT: no sales

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a demo on Steam -- trying it. Doubt it'll make me want to bite at anything above $10.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not bad but Christ are the M+K controls awful/unintuitive. At least as far as the commands go. Aim/shoot with mouse is fine but the interface seemed a bit wonky.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
how is this better than ME3?
never played both, but I must know

Multi-headed Cow

how is this better than ME3?
never played both, but I must know
From what I gather the enemies and shooting mechanics and encounter design are better than ME3. It also has silly dumb dialog but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously. It's still a cover popamole shooter, but as cover popamole shooters go it's higher quality. Still haven't gotten around to trying the demo so this is secondhand information.

Yes, somehow Bioware is worse than the goddamn Japanese at making popamole. I wouldn't have believed it either but here we are.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Demo is pretty short, I played chapter 1 and it was only like 10 minutes long. I think you can play through Chapter 2 but at the end of chapter 1 it just brought me back to the menu and said like 'dats dah demo brah'

Multi-headed Cow

Tried chapter 1. I liked the destructibility of the robots and the gunplay seemed fairly good on the 3rd difficulty setting. Graphics and performance seemed fairly ok though it was strangely bordered at 1920X1080. Absolute damning part for me was listing all the controls as controller buttons with seemingly no option to view how things were bound for M&K. At first I thought it was doing that since I had a 360 pad plugged in, so I unplugged it and restarted the demo with the same result. At that point I just played with the pad since the controls seemed so damn weird on keyboard.

I'm definitely gonna wait for a bigger sale than $20, and hopefully at that point they'll have patched the controls to more a more acceptable PC standard. Also repeated lines of dialog in combat quite a bit (HOLD ON! HOLD ON! HOLD ON! HOLD ON!) which was irritating and amusing at the same time. Didn't tickle my popamole bone much though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You have to change the setting in the configuration to display M+K controls. Don't ask me why but it's set to xbox controller as default.

Multi-headed Cow

Oh, well that would make it much less of a pain in the ass. Guess maybe I should do that and look at the second chunk of the demo with PC controls. Thanks bro!

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yes, before I changed that, this was actually the first game ever where I got stuck in menu. Somehow couldn't return to previous page and had to shutdown the whole game. Not that impressed with controls, menus, FOV...

I do like the silly overall feel of the game though and shooting different parts of the robots.

Multi-headed Cow

Was more manageable after the control change. Also had to disable the dorky microphone thing to reply in dialog, and also learned that the game screen area was shrunk for some goddamn reason. It was running at the right resolution, just not using all the screen. Just pressing - in Doom. Was able to expand that.
Even though the robots are entertaining to shoot I'm not too convinced about enemy variety. I'm all for Mass Effect bashing but I'm inclined to think ME2 (And presumably ME3 though I haven't played it) was a better popamole than this. Not really ME1 though because it was shiiiiiiiiiiit.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
If any of the Mass Effect games are considered to have better combat, then in this game it must be fucking awful.

Will judge for myself upon install...

Multi-headed Cow

Yo, ingame-menu, increase screen size should fix the cropped picture.
Yeah, eventually figured that out. Such a weirdly archaic I didn't expect it at all.

If any of the Mass Effect games are considered to have better combat, then in this game it must be fucking awful.

Will judge for myself upon install...
On the third difficulty the combat seemed fairly decent. You'd go down relatively fast but could pop out for short bursts well enough. The biggest issues I had with the demo was the enemy variety seemed pretty sparse and the environments weren't terribly interesting to fight in. Linear corridors with lows walls to sit behind. Both of these were issues in ME2 too though (Same damn mercenaries and robots for 90% of it, linear hallways with coverwalls) and the limited enemies of BD DID seem more interesting to fight. Demo just didn't leave enough of an impression on me to get me excited or all that interested in it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, before I changed that, this was actually the first game ever where I got stuck in menu. Somehow couldn't return to previous page and had to shutdown the whole game.

Haha, same here.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
ilg7qr.jpg

Niggers. Niggers never change. Not even in Japan.

Either way, once you're past that awful Chapter 1, the game really starts to pick up. That boss fight with the giant spider can only be described with one word: Breathtaking!

Characters are fun although very stereotypical, but it works well since the game doesn't take itself very seriously....unlike Mass Effect 3.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Agreed 101%. I love this game. It doesn't take itself seriously and doesn't pretend to be RPG.
We're looking at 5 mins downtime before the next action starts. And even more EXTREME stunts that made Shep cry in shame.
If anything, Dan needs to be more monotone and iconic.

MCA should apply and do a crossover. Maybe put Sis, SIE, Mark Thorton and Scarlet in as DLC chars.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom