Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Binary Domain for PC

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Headshots are the best tatics in this game since you will gain more allies temporaliy

Ebonsword

Arcane
So, I took a break from RE:ORC and popped this into my Xbox yesterday.

It was...okay. The actually shooting parts were fine, although shooting robots felt oddly unsatisfying after gunning down zombies and mutants in RE:ORC.

What annoyed me, though, are the stupid "mini games" (not sure if that's the best word for them). When I play a shooter, I want to shoot stuff. I don't want to go swimming or slide down the side of a building while trying to avoid running into pipes.

Oh, and Big Bo needs to shut the hell up. Jesus Christ, did he get annoying fast.

DeepOcean

Arcane
What makes this game superior to other Popamole TPS is the fantastic enemy reaction to shots. You can blow their heads, their legs and arms, strip them of their armor and they still fight to the end, if they loose a leg, they shoot you in the ground, if they loose an arm, they use the other one and even try to kamikaze you when criticaly damaged, it is way more satifying shooting the robots than Mass Gears 3 the resequel clone soldiers . It is more intelligent than Mass Effect and Gears of War with it's story (still dumb as fuck) and don't have that Disney grim darkness that plague those games. It knows is dumb, so it doesn't try to pretend otherwise, it has a much more light hearted tone what is something refreshing. The boss fights are well done and varied as well, some are hard as fuck and put any other TPS in shame (I played the game on normal, I don't even imagine how it is to fight that big plane thing in the middle of the game on hard mode.) .

It's major problem is the setpieceitis, many levels you just can't walk on your on, you walk a little, shoot alot of robots, then some setpiece (slide down a building/ you inside of a car shooting other cars while the AI drives and etc.)/long cutscene then, and only then more shooting. The characters are animu cliches but that is better than Bioware everyone have daddy issues and want to talk about that with you or are badasses that only speak badass things.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Binary Domain is the action version of Dead Space, plain and simple.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Binary Domain is the action version of Dead Space, plain and simple.
Nah, if that was the case, I wouldn't even touch it much less like it.
The game is all about shooting limbs, just like Dead Space. The only difference is that headshots is preferable in Binary Domain(except with the spider boss i guess).

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
:necro:

One of the best games i played in a while,funny cast,pretty good story,decent writing and so-so gameplay.But I really want to know why is this game so overlooked by every site out there,you can barely find any information about it and every review makes it look like a bad apple.
Now i feel sad because the game indicated that it will get a sequel but the non existent publicity and ''bad'' reviews ruined it,fucking cunts.

Best 16e i spent in a while:salute:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Laura Bailey has taken over for Jen Cole as far as the female voice in every other game. Plus she gets steady income from Blizz as Jaina Proudmore in their twenty derivative IP's.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
ahah im every codexer ever and i like sitting behind a wall popping moles while a bunch of cliches dont shut the fuck up

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom