Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioShock: The Collection & Sequel Rumors

pippin

Achievements were added to the new version of first game. The original didn't had them.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Bioshock Infinite made me realize how retarded the gaming communities when I had people calling me a liar when I said somewhere else that I had guessed the ending revelation only one hour into it. They kept telling me there's no way that by knowing time travel is involved, and that the antagonist knows you perfectly and you don't know him, and that Ken Levine likes shitty Shyamalanesque twists on the bad guy, well, there's no way you can guess how it ends.

Clearly you used time travel to watch your future self learn of the antagonist's true identity and claim this knowledge as your own.

Deleted member 7219

From what I can see, they haven't improved anything.

You can turn off mouse acceleration but I think that had been patched into the original game too (or at the very least, could be changed in the .ini config).

I just tried Minerva's Den and got slow texture load as I went into the main entrance on the airlock lever. They still haven't fixed that.

pippin

Yeah, I read about the people in charge of this were having... "problems"... with the remastering. The fact that they didn't even bothered to remaster Infinite says a lot imo.
They could've at least made the second game DRM free like the first. It doesn't even have the multiplayer...

Then again, this remaster was made to rob console people, like most of these are.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
*reads news releases about the Bioshock: Remastered releases*

The original BioShock is 9 years old. NINE. That is ancient in computer years.

Thanks for making me feel old, asshole.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Inb4 we learn that the physics engine is still locked at 15fps or whatever it was in the original Bioschlock.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Astral Rag Look at gameplay, if it were locked to 30fps you'd see it, also I've been playing the remastered version and physics does scale with framerate.

Also, for the record, this is still running on Unreal Engine 2.5

Sykar

Arcane
Infinite was so short I managed to finish. Didn't actually finish Bioshock one because the action was all samey and it kept dragging on and on. How many times can you electrocute someone and smash them with a wrench before it gets dull?

But Infinite's story, especially the ending, was outright retarded.

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
It's UE3 with DX11 "upgrade".

No, it's still UE2.5, I've got both original Bioshock and Bioshock HD installed and Bioshock HD is clearly just an upgrade of the original code, you can still find Irrational Games ini comments from 2007 as well. They did add Directx11, I think, it might be disabled in the ini but I'm not sure how to check if it's using dx11 or not.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

No, it's still UE2.5, I've got both original Bioshock and Bioshock HD installed and Bioshock HD is clearly just an upgrade of the original code, you can still find Irrational Games ini comments from 2007 as well. They did add Directx11, I think, it might be disabled in the ini but I'm not sure how to check if it's using dx11 or not.

It did check it, and it's DX11, ergo UE3.5.

It looks the same 'cause they still use the same art assets.

Deleted member 7219

Astral Rag Look at gameplay, if it were locked to 30fps you'd see it, also I've been playing the remastered version and physics does scale with framerate.

Also, for the record, this is still running on Unreal Engine 2.5

It is pathetic. You'd expect a remaster would bump the engine up to UE3 at least.

This isn't a remaster, it's a Console Edition that has been made available on PC too.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

You can write a new DX11 renderer for UE2.5, the original Bioshock had a DX10 renderer.

The art assets are actually the main source of change, from what it seems when you compare the two side-by-side they've either re-made or up-rezzed the textures.

Worth noting that an upgrade to UE3 wouldn't make it a better remaster as the version of ue2.5 in bioshock had huge swaths rewritten by Irrational Games.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

You can write a new DX11 renderer for UE2.5

Yeah right, stopped reading right there.

Use your brain. Why use UE3.5 that already has build-in DX11 when you could "simply" write a new DX11 rendered from scratch lol?

pippin

This isn't a remaster, it's a Console Edition that has been made available on PC too.

As I've said before, this is the only point of every remaster, especially the ones coming out lately to gice the impression that new consoles have games. In the case of Bioshock 2 the game has even less features than before, though.

Astral Rag

Arcane
4C7E3935C57C4D14905977BF6C7EC0587D065B8A

Black

Arcane
Nice face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom