Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
How do video game bitches go from this

k6p0OKD.png

to this?

Like I felt we were making some real progress for a while god damit.

Fixed.

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
Not that im not enjoying the doggy pile / circlejerk / shitpost vortex that this thread is , but i'd love to see a poll of how many people here decided to buy and play the game anyway (including the ones whos excuse is that they wanna play it just to find more things to critique about it).

I've lurked here long enough to know it'll get me excoriated, but I liked multiple games the Codex shits on - Fallout 3 & 4, ME2 & 3, DA Origins - but after DA II being hot dog shit, the ending of Mass Effect 3 being as bad as it was, and being tricked into thinking Inquisition was a return to Origins form, only to have sjw nonsense and 10-15 hours of actual gameplay stuffed into 100+ hours of wandering aimlessly and solving MMO quests, I won't touch this game with a ten foot pole - not even if it sells for under five bucks.

There are way to many games out there I know I'll actually enjoy - not wasting my time playing a game with amateur hour animations.

So, it begins.
:troll:

And it keeps getting worse, currently it's down to 3.9 on the PS4 and at 3.6 on the Xbox and the Xbox accounted for 70% of all sales in the ME franchise...

And it still will top the sale charts :dance:

Just looking at a couple of sales figures it was said ME3 sold 3.5 m units by the end of it's launch month, with 890k first day sales. EA later that year gave Q4 sales figures of $200 million gross, by then they had probably sold a shitload more copies.

Right now that $200 million figure is gross so you can deduct overheads costs and also the cut of sales that the vendor takes. So that will wipe off 30-50%, so mass effect 3 probably netted between $100-160million by the end of Q4.

Now Andromeda cost $40 million to develop at least, with another (conservative estimate) $20- $40 million in marketing. So the game has to make $60-$80 million minimum to get it out of the red, that means it needs to sell at least half as many copies of the game as ME3 did, before it even makes any money. Does anyone here expect that to happen? Keep an eye on the first day and sales figures on about 10th april for a comparison. If this game dosen't shift 600kplus units on day one, it's fucked, because the sales figures will drop off worse than DA2's did after the first week, because it after the pre-order nonsense and day one purchases.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
... to the point of going out of their way to deny Valentina Tereshkova as the real first woman in outer spess

OK, I'm curios. What's this about? :lol:

The main character is named Ryder after Sally Ride, first american woman in outer space (1983). Tereshkova went to space in 1963.

They did the very same thing in the original trilogy by naming the main character after Alan Shepard, ignoring Yuri Gagarin along the way. And it's even debatable whether Shepard actually was in space considering that his flight was merely suborbital.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Are they using prospecedural facial animations or something? Because if not, that has to be premeditated. Some intern really, really hated his job.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Are they using prospecedural facial animations or something? Because if not, that has to be premeditated. Some intern really, really hated his job.

Why should games show only beautiful sexy people? That's so exclusive.

MEA is the first game ever that people with undescribably disgusting appearance can finally identify with.

sullynathan

Arcane

So, it begins.
:troll:

And it keeps getting worse, currently it's down to 3.9 on the PS4 and at 3.6 on the Xbox and the Xbox accounted for 70% of all sales in the ME franchise...

And it still will top the sale charts :dance:

Just looking at a couple of sales figures it was said ME3 sold 3.5 m units by the end of it's launch month, with 890k first day sales. EA later that year gave Q4 sales figures of $200 million gross, by then they had probably sold a shitload more copies.

Right now that $200 million figure is gross so you can deduct overheads costs and also the cut of sales that the vendor takes. So that will wipe off 30-50%, so mass effect 3 probably netted between $100-160million by the end of Q4.

Now Andromeda cost $40 million to develop at least, with another (conservative estimate) $20- $40 million in marketing. So the game has to make $60-$80 million minimum to get it out of the red, that means it needs to sell at least half as many copies of the game as ME3 did, before it even makes any money. Does anyone here expect that to happen? Keep an eye on the first day and sales figures on about 10th april for a comparison. If this game dosen't shift 600kplus units on day one, it's fucked, because the sales figures will drop off worse than DA2's did after the first week, because it after the pre-order nonsense and day one purchases.

So Andromeda was cheaper to develop than Wiedźmin 3?

Selling half of mass effect 3 is feasible, even inquisition did more than that

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom