Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Drakron

Arcane
They are blaming everyone else as you have noted.

Its easy for the grunts to blame the leads because that is often true, as I said FF XV under Nomura wasnt going anywhere because he had no idea what to do, eventually he was replaced by someone that got shit done but here is the thing, the people worked and released a technical sound project as ME:A even after its director was replaced still delivered a substandard game. Why that didnt happened in ME:A?

None are saying "our studio could not manage the project", they all blame something else and that is the problem, not they are admitting the problem was THEIRS ... again FF XV had a very lengthy development time but in the end there are very few flaws with it from a technical standpoint, ME:I is a mess in all aspects ... its not just the story that is bad, as much people dislike ME3 plot you dont see people complain about the technical aspects of the game, this one have no redeeming features, even games like Ride to hell Retribution knew what they wanted to do, the result maybe be bad but at least there was a direction.

The fact they put a sequel hook at the end, something they could had easily removed says EXACTLY what kind of people were involved in this mess.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Its easy for the grunts to blame the leads because that is often true, as I said FF XV under Nomura wasnt going anywhere because he had no idea what to do, eventually he was replaced by someone that got shit done but here is the thing, the people worked and released a technical sound project as ME:A even after its director was replaced still delivered a substandard game. Why that didnt happened in ME:A?
Maybe if BioWare spent 10 years developing ME:A, rebooting it several times, ME:A it would be as technically sound as FFXV.

Using FFXV as an example of a team that "had a direction" is laughable, the game was constantly delayed because Tabata kept adding shit like "make the car fly!" as he went along. But that's the core difference here: a company that rushes shit out vs. a company that spends 10 years making the same game until it get its right. That is 100% on the guys on the very top, because even after all that time FFXV is such a mess they are even redoing the end chapter.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Andromeda was also technically sounds in so many of its areas. Honestly if they delayed it 6 months and not skimped on the facial animation staff it would absolutely have been complete in all of its Social justice warrior-ey glory, but instead they got greedy and are not chewing on 70% metacritic ratings.

J1M

Arcane
Andromeda was also technically sounds in so many of its areas. Honestly if they delayed it 6 months and not skimped on the facial animation staff it would absolutely have been complete in all of its Social justice warrior-ey glory, but instead they got greedy and are not chewing on 70% metacritic ratings.
Facial animations aren't going to add quality enemies to the game, give the player any real choices/impact on outcomes, or resolve the only interesting plot thread in the game (mutiny conspiracy).

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The core issue with development seems to be indecision and decision paralysis at every level. This is the source of a majority of the game's problems.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not entirely true. They did show a steadfast determination to add more alien-fucking throughout the game's development.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
IT should be noted that with FFXV a lot of its development time was spent with a bare bones team because most of square was working on FF13, the game didn't enter full production until 2011. It was more a case of Square Enix prioritizing other project above FFXV until eventually deciding to put a proper team on it and get it out the door. Nomura also left the team not because of any internal strife, he left to work on Kingdom Hearts 3 as Director.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Uh, no? FFXV was redone from scratch at least two times, and Nomura fell right after Wada resigned, as the new president wanted Shit Done(tm) and assigned his bro Tabata to the job.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Uh, no? FFXV was redone from scratch at least two times, and Nomura fell right after Wada resigned, as the new president wanted Shit Done(tm) and assigned his bro Tabata to the job.

It changed engines a lot during pre-production, and I was wrong in that it did go into production around September 2011; however, when it was rebooted into FFXV it was only 20-25% complete.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
what CIG was able to do with Star Citizen

This is true, Bioware was able to actually make and release an actual product.
Releasing a heaping pile of shit is not necessarily better than vaporware. I didn't pay for either, but Star Citizen could still be a decent game, while Anderpeda never will be.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
smudgyboy is weaponized autism and none of his previous mass effect plot videos have been anything more than his wet-lipped 's' sounds and bad fan fictioning his head canon

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
smudgyboy is weaponized autism and none of his previous mass effect plot videos have been anything more than his wet-lipped 's' sounds and bad fan fictioning his head canon
Lol there is a lot of retards in the world,it is frightening especially when most of them are politicians or journalists.I to have a lot of ideas on how the game could have been good but nobody is paying me for them and i am not that insane to go around spouting nonsense.Please go save the world with the good old fire and brimstone tingy.

After years of striving Bioware has finally achieved their goal...

Mass Effect: Andromeda allows for even more same-sex relationships

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/76274/mass-effect-andromeda-allows-sex-relationships/

Gay Times... :lol:...

c81ed2f5e9f9a3e3d139ff21decb6842.gif

... I'd love to live in a less degenarate timeline from the 1950's onward where Gay Times was actually the bestselling publication for enjoyable outdoor activities to do with your family on a weekend.

And it seems EA has given up on MEA (I don't think they even mentioned it at E3) and is now just in pre-emptive damage control for Biowares next shitty game...

Could Anthem’s Facial Animations Make Up for Mass Effect: Andromeda’s?

https://gamerant.com/anthem-facial-animation-make-up-mass-effect-andromeda/

Anthem Is the Real Mass Effect 4

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/335477-anthem-real-mass-effect-4
https://gamerant.com/anthem-facial-animation-make-up-mass-effect-andromeda/

Is ANTHEM the MASS EFFECT Sequel We Deserve?

http://nerdist.com/anthem-mass-effect-sequel-we-deserve-e3-2017/
http://nerdist.com/anthem-mass-effect-sequel-we-deserve-e3-2017/

Zeriel

Arcane
Heh, when your entire marketing campaign is, "Wow, our last game REALLY sucked, wasn't that funny? Don't worry, this one will be totally good!"

It's kind of interesting. I guess this is as close as you'll ever get to a corporation admitting they fucked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom