Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Now that sounds like a real feminist plot.

DemonKing yep. I've only finished first "real" planet and did some sidequesting. If you're playing on the highest difficulty you actually have to do some challenging battles there and combat shines in open environments, you also notice how your equipment affects combat. Just don't get involved in all the fetch quests early, those are probably there for when you really struggle with combat and need xp and credits.

Vorark

Erudite
Wanted to try but it involves installing Origin and then downloading like 50gb+ of data. Why does the game need so many gbs of data anyway?

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Here's what lies in data folder of the game (name/size):

ayainstallpackage\ 1 284 360 949
eosinstallpackage\ 7 588 970 469
levelprereqinstallpackage\ 12 483 459 419
mecdefaultinstallpackage\ 85 121 479
mppatchinstallpackage\ 44 764 025
multiplayerinstallpackage\ 6 092 792 105
restofthegameinstallpackage\ 11 815 277 471
spinitialinstallpackage\ 6 434 284 757

So biggest part of the game is restofthegame.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
So I've tried the demo Origin offers. Finished the prologue and gameplay wise it seems like an average/decent tps (playing on the highest difficulty). The companions' AI is bad. The game looks nice, but the framerate is all over the place (getting 144 - 70), it just can't keep one stable amount. I will probably lock it to 60. The game feels fun, as far as a popamole goes.

I don't really care about the narrative, but oh boy they could at least hire some real s-f writers. People on this forum could pull the "new galaxy and new mysteries omgz" better. Instead of showing off something really cool, all we got are bipodal bionicles and mushrooms. And the main villain looks fucking pathetic with its mushy face. They couldn't fuck this up more, the guy even has a comical cape, for crying out loud.

I will get it on, like, -75% or 90% sale.

Also, I was grinding my teeth after Xth time I heard "feels like 600 years, LOL".

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It gets better every day
WH7mxMFVRUKWpbo5TtLtcA.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Lots of uses for old DVDs! Hunters can use them to scare deer away from busy streets to prevent accidents. You can plaster them all over you wall to make cool artwork. The cases can be used to store different, better games!

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Why do you post photos of typical Belarus vehicle?

I can also assure you those are musical CDs, not videogames.

DemonKing

Arcane
What's the pricetag on the sticker? I think someone posted a PC retail copy going for $3.99 a few weeks back.

soulburner

Cipher
So I wanted to play this to form my own opinion but find it unbearable for one reason. The sound. It's pretty good and dynamic... As long as the party members keep their mouths shut. Whenever they speak all other audio (sound effects and music) gets a lot lower in volume. I hate it when that happens on games and it's quite common lately. It might be a good thing for laptop speakers but not anything else. I could probably live with it if the party members would speak only occasionally but they just never shut up!

So: is there a mod that can shut the party members up or make them say something stupid much less frequently? I do not think it's possible someone removed the sound effects being softer while those morons speak, but maybe?

Vorark

Erudite
Since I had to restore an older system image, I took it as an opportunity to install Origin and check this trainwreck for myself, before wiping everything out. I pointed and laughed at this game but hardly watched LP's or trailers or whatever, just went by the gifs posted. Character creation was fucking bizarre, faces looked like they were made of playdough; reminded me of vanilla The Sims 3 pudding face. Most hair cuts were variants of the horrible side shave which seems to be all the rage nowadays, good lord. Even ME1 had more options. Maybe I overlooked an option but I couldn't change the PC's name, so it was autistic Sara.

Anyway, PC woke up from cryosleep and not-Cassandra joined the party for reasons. Then the AI (wat) tells me to scan some shit to fix the gravity or whatever. PC talked mostly without my input, just like in ME3. Later I met DAD, whose lipsync was all messed up, and had enough -- ctrl+f4 my way out of this "game". Dunno if it's a problem with my computer but voices had a weird metalic quality to them.

Wanted to check the gameplay out since playing Vanguard was fun in previous entries, however I was unable to stand the intro for more than 20 minutes, too much cringe in one place. What a poor, poor show -- and that's on patch 1.09.

keep in mind that games like this tend to show you their best of the best in the beginning and start to dilute it with crap after a while.
let this sink.

Padzi

Arbiter
Even the voice actors are rubbing me the wrong way.

They really thought this would look nice, witty and funny.

...I just want Andromeda to be announced as a non-canon entry.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Now i see where the budget went......drawing shit on the wall and crapochinos.

jaydee2k

Savant

Whole Mass Effect is shit. What are you tryin to save?!

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
There were very few examples of games being resurrected to glory after a downfall. So far i can remember Wolfenstien: New order after rather meh attempts to revive the series.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
There were very few examples of games being resurrected to glory after a downfall. So far i can remember Wolfenstien: New order after rather meh attempts to revive the series.

Because a bad game in a series demoralises people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom