Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People also forget about the inflation,which it will be around 15% for four years.This will make the actual cost around 115 millions.Most investors would have expected around 150-200 millions in revenue.The game most certainly didn't make 100 millions let alone 200.People talk about brand recognition,but don't see that bioware and ME brand recognition is mostly negative.I have a bunch of friends that are casual players,and they still feel stinged from ME3.Also Inquisition was soulless shit that is worst MMO than Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning.

Latelistener

Arcane
I don't understand what is so hard to believe about ME:A being a sales success, despite widespread criticism.
It's hard to believe because it was on sale basically since the release date. They even dropped the price, and now you can buy it for $30-40 depending on a platform.
If a game meets financial expectations it rarely goes on sale.

Crospy

Learned
PNyRExd.jpg

WRBykXw.jpg

Andromeda has been so much of a success they're already dumping brand new copies of the game in Goodwill. I thought my memory was wrong, so I chcked the release date, and indeed, the game isn't even 1 year old. Released in March. Nah, that kind of thing would never happen to a successful franchise.

Bioware fanboys are not kidding anyone. You would never see entire boxes of Skyrim being dumped at low prices in goodwill the same year it was released. Impossible. If you still believe MEA was a sales success you are so naive I have a bridge to sell you, right now. PM me for paypal. I'd be totes happy to take away your money.

By the way :

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

No way Bioware would ever not make DLC these days for a game they consider successful. The number of DLC solo mission/campagins for each Ass Effect kept growing from 1 to 3. Yet they would actually pass on the opportunity for andromeda?

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I would also be super surprised if they lay the LGBT inclusive political correct assery on as hard as they did in Andromeda ever again as well as a few other things.
Was it a problem in Andromeda though? Except that scientist that would tell for no reason she was man and super stupid sex scenes, I don't remember anything really problematic about it. Well, except lgbt characters were retarded, but every character in this game is retarded. LGBT wasn't problem of this game.

A lot had to do with perception. Gay romance options were vastly overrepresented in the game and then they decided to use the limited resources they had to fix the game to make a patch that added more gay options. They even apologized for not making the game gay enough at one point.

Also that "woman" who randomly tells you he is a dude is pretty funny.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Ok, after new patch have been released I finally managed to force myself to finish the extensive demo of this "game" and boy, what an experience it was.
First of all, I find that exploration turned from being a pinnacle of faggotry we saw in ME3, to physical representation, an Apostle of Degeneracy. Its ME1 mako with tediusness and routine ten times multiplied. A game about exploration where you can land ONLY on plot planets, no accidental anomalies where you can land to investigate. All planet exploration is to find another 23 resource XYZ for useless crafting(crafting is also shitty here).
3 types of research points, all to unlock Rifle I ,Rifle II Rifle III etc ad infinitum...with level limit on weapon you can wield.
Not a SINGLE choice have a consequence, no quest have any lasting effects, reputation changes or other stuff like that. Not even on Dragon Age level, where your choice can affect only participants in the last battle.
Faces are the best from Oblivion randomization of character creation.
SJWism is so abdurant it's not even funny anymore.
Plot without a single trace of national, racial or ideological borders existing. A whole game where everyone is okay with sharing a planet among all. no one is claiming a planet for themselves, krogans will live along with turians and humans and salarians and everyone else.
Even locals of the universe are ok with thousands of aliens from galaxy far away settling on their ancestral planets they are now hard fighting with another aliens.
Dialogues. There are none. They serve only as a tool to add play hours. Because they have no options. 99% of the time you have no option o choose from. And when you are dealing with shady type you always have two options "I will arrest you!" or "I will kill you!" plus other variotions of "Yes" and "Okay". No option, other than vigilant hero and a role model.
Option such as let Rachni queen live or kill here are nonexistent.
Writing. Writing is on level of glorious "The Maradonia Saga"
It was a difficult situation but the men in the camp stood closely together as one strong force and were ready to fight for their freedom and for their commanders Joey, Maya and Captain Goran.
'It is wonderful to see when the people in this camp believe in their leaders and commanders but it is more wonderful when the leaders believe in their people,' said Joey and continued, 'maybe the time will come or has already come that we as leaders of this camp will pay a price to carry out our calling!'
'Bravo, Bravo, Bravissimo…' interrupted Gertrude, 'most people think that we are the bad ones but basically we bring peace to the world. My two friends and I have agreed to make you an offer which you cannot reject.'
“And what is this diabolical offer?' asked Maya standing between Joey and General Goran.
'This is not a diabolic offer. It is an honest offer because we are ready, willing, able and we have also agreed that we will let your men go free. They are all free to go home and they can take all their belongings and possessions with them and go back to their families.'
'You will let them go home?' Goran asked.
'Yes, they can go home… all of them. They do not have to fight our army of over ten thousand men which has your camp surrounded.' The army of ten thousand also cheered when they heard that they had not to fight.
'Under one condition, of course, will we let them go free… The condition is that Maya and Joey give their lives freely as human sacrifices in honor of our lord Abbadon the son of the great Apollyon.'
Overall, it's a cancer. Worst thing to happen to us in already shitty 2017. The only bright moment in my experience with ME:A was understanding that it will be the last nail to the Biowhore coffin.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
No way Bioware would ever not make DLC these days for a game they consider successful. The number of DLC solo mission/campagins for each Ass Effect kept growing from 1 to 3. Yet they would actually pass on the opportunity for andromeda?

Reminder that even DA:I received multiple DLCs.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Ok, after new patch have been released I finally managed to force myself to finish the extensive demo of this "game" and boy, what an experience it was.
First of all, I find that exploration turned from being a pinnacle of faggotry we saw in ME3, to physical representation, an Apostle of Degeneracy. Its ME1 mako with tediusness and routine ten times multiplied. A game about exploration where you can land ONLY on plot planets, no accidental anomalies where you can land to investigate. All planet exploration is to find another 23 resource XYZ for useless crafting(crafting is also shitty here).
3 types of research points, all to unlock Rifle I ,Rifle II Rifle III etc ad infinitum...with level limit on weapon you can wield.
Not a SINGLE choice have a consequence, no quest have any lasting effects, reputation changes or other stuff like that. Not even on Dragon Age level, where your choice can affect only participants in the last battle.
Faces are the best from Oblivion randomization of character creation.
SJWism is so abdurant it's not even funny anymore.
Plot without a single trace of national, racial or ideological borders existing. A whole game where everyone is okay with sharing a planet among all. no one is claiming a planet for themselves, krogans will live along with turians and humans and salarians and everyone else.
Even locals of the universe are ok with thousands of aliens from galaxy far away settling on their ancestral planets they are now hard fighting with another aliens.
Dialogues. There are none. They serve only as a tool to add play hours. Because they have no options. 99% of the time you have no option o choose from. And when you are dealing with shady type you always have two options "I will arrest you!" or "I will kill you!" plus other variotions of "Yes" and "Okay". No option, other than vigilant hero and a role model.
Option such as let Rachni queen live or kill here are nonexistent.
Writing. Writing is on level of glorious "The Maradonia Saga"
It was a difficult situation but the men in the camp stood closely together as one strong force and were ready to fight for their freedom and for their commanders Joey, Maya and Captain Goran.
'It is wonderful to see when the people in this camp believe in their leaders and commanders but it is more wonderful when the leaders believe in their people,' said Joey and continued, 'maybe the time will come or has already come that we as leaders of this camp will pay a price to carry out our calling!'
'Bravo, Bravo, Bravissimo…' interrupted Gertrude, 'most people think that we are the bad ones but basically we bring peace to the world. My two friends and I have agreed to make you an offer which you cannot reject.'
“And what is this diabolical offer?' asked Maya standing between Joey and General Goran.
'This is not a diabolic offer. It is an honest offer because we are ready, willing, able and we have also agreed that we will let your men go free. They are all free to go home and they can take all their belongings and possessions with them and go back to their families.'
'You will let them go home?' Goran asked.
'Yes, they can go home… all of them. They do not have to fight our army of over ten thousand men which has your camp surrounded.' The army of ten thousand also cheered when they heard that they had not to fight.
'Under one condition, of course, will we let them go free… The condition is that Maya and Joey give their lives freely as human sacrifices in honor of our lord Abbadon the son of the great Apollyon.'
Overall, it's a cancer. Worst thing to happen to us in already shitty 2017. The only bright moment in my experience with ME:A was understanding that it will be the last nail to the Biowhore coffin.
I rate this post "Edgy"...

Deflowerer

Arcane
Quoting seems to be fucked, but that article title regarding Andromeda's financial performance was fucking retarded. Nowhere in the report EA states that the game is a financial success. Not sure what they released in the same time window last year, but the increase in overall sales due to Andromeda doesn't necessarily translate to Andromeda itself being a success. And given that it's the fourth game in a popular series, I think the internal sales goal was definitely higher than what they eventually got, and that's all it matters.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
You cant really compare EA with other big companies and thats because EA has its own store exclusives. Publishers like Sony or Ubisoft still depend on Steam so they cant hide their sale numbers something that EA can do with Origin.

So there is no reason for them to say their game bombed and see their stock take a hit when its easier and more profitable to just lie.
Lying in an earnings report made to stockholders is a criminal offense.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
EA confirmed that BioWare Montreal merged into EA Motive: https://techraptor.net/content/bioware-montreal-merge-ea-motive

BioWare Montreal, the development team behind Mass Effect: Andromeda, is merging with Motive Studios.

The news was circulating for the past few days that Electronic Arts, the parent company of both studios, would go forward with a merger. Previous reports noted a statement made by CFO Blake Jorgensen during the quarterly EA conference call (transcript here), where he stated that the BioWare Montreal team and the EA Motive team are now in the same studio together.

“We’re building out a new studio in Montreal, as we’ve told everyone. And we’ve hired over 100 people into that studio that are brand-new to EA. This is to build the new IP around Jade Raymond’s team that she’s been building. I was in that studio last month. And it’s a wonderful new addition to our team. And we brought our BioWare Montreal team into that same facility. So they now all sit in one new studio together,” stated Jorgensen.​

An official EA spokesperson informed us that the statement is indeed true, and the two teams will be merging.

“The teams in EA Worldwide Studios are packed with talent, and more than ever, we’re driving collaboration between studios on key projects. With multiple major projects in development in Montreal, we are merging BioWare Montreal with Motive Studios. This is an ongoing process, but there are many exciting roles and opportunities for everyone on the team.”

BioWare continues its work on new titles – including the highly-anticipated game, Anthem. What’s coming next for BioWare is very exciting, and we’re thrilled to have Casey Hudson returning to lead the studios in Edmonton and Austin.”​

The news of the merger was previously hinted at from several other stories breaking over the past few months, including rumors that BioWare Montreal was “scaled down” after the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda. The game, which according to CEO Andrew Wilson “was a significant contributor” to third quarter sales, received mixed reviews from critics, with most of them heavily criticizing the game’s poor facial animations and graphical glitches. The rumors also noted that possible single-player DLC would be shelved for the game, which would instead only focus on multiplayer content at this time.

The official word of the merger between BioWare Montreal and Motive Studios may be another piece of evidence giving credence to that rumor, although BioWare has continued to patch Mass Effect: Andromeda since the release of the game. The most recent patch, which focuses on mostly multiplayer tweaks, was released today.

BioWare as a division of EA still has two major studios working on projects. BioWare Austin is headlining the ongoing support for the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO, while BioWare Edmonton recently revealed their newest I.P, Anthem at E3 this year. Edmonton is also working on another title, which many speculate to be the next installment of the Dragon Age franchise. Recently, Casey Hudson returned to lead the studio as Aaron Flynn left.

Motive Studios is currently headed by Jade Raymond, who has been working on an unannounced Star Wars project for the past two years. The game, which has no official title, is described as a “Star Wars in the style of Uncharted.” Motive also has been working with DICE and Criterion on the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Latelistener

Arcane
Edmonton will suffer the same fate after Anthem, and Austin will be renamed into EA <boring>, and will be supporting SWtOR, while making cheap online games.
The great history of Bioware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom