Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
what the fuck did i just watch

fuck

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I personally do not think it's going to come back. It's pretty dead...
I think he's just saying that to calm people.

I think you're right, although there's always a good chance some EA executive decides to launch an online spinoff game based on the franchise. We might see a Mass Effect digital cardgame yet!

:popamole:

This or the new mobile game, like the mobile version of Dungeon Keeper.
And EA will pay for the new Mass Effect rap advertise.
But instead of Horny, put here Garrus or Saren:

RIP Mass Effect

Nice song,i even downloaded it as mp3.

Freddie

Savant
I personally do not think it's going to come back. It's pretty dead...
I think he's just saying that to calm people.
I missed something very obvious in my last post. If Anthem is successful it's going to be series and it's very similar kind of game to ME series and it's most likely even intended to attract fans of ME series. So yeah, if it's even relatively success, turns profit and so, then what would be the point of ME franchise any longer?

It's good to have franchise pool, in case Anthem fails, they have something they don't need to build from ground up. But unless BW fucks Anthem up too (which may very well happen), I think SJWME is gone for good.

We should all feel guilty,because andromeda was failure because of us.

Now i will go and cry in the corner.

Ah, what terrible person I have become. Watching this with smug smile on my face and feeling great. O tempora, o mores!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I very much doubt Anthem is going to attract ME fans. The forced multiplayer aspect will push away many of them. Nu-Bioware fans are sad little creatures, playing their games to romance their waifus and shit, not play with other real people.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
The forced multiplayer aspect will push away many of them.

AFAIK Mass Effect 3 was very crude in making multiplayer practically a requirement for a successful singleplayer campaign. And it was not the thing that angered fans.

Lacrymas

Arcane
How is it a requirement? The only thing it changed was one scene in one of the endings. Not to mention that Anthem is a multiplayer game, you can't play it solo, at least not in the way you can the MEs or DAs.

What a sad, pathetic end for a sad, pathetic video gayme studio.

I dare say, Todd Howard and the rest of nuBethesda folks have done a much better job with their studio than the biowhores.
Yeah Bathesda became a gaming powerhouse that makes a lot of money,and the ones that wanted to make a lot of money they became EA's sex slave.

Bioware was never really at Bethesda's level in terms of sales or popularity. Even Bioware's best sellers in recent years are only reaching roughly the same level Morrowind did, and stuff like Skyrim/Fallout 4 are almost an order of magnitude above Morrowind.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
How is it a requirement? The only thing it changed was one scene in one of the endings. Not to mention that Anthem is a multiplayer game, you can't play it solo, at least not in the way you can the MEs or DAs.

I haven't played the game on release till the end but AFAIK you're told you have to raise galactic readiness and you can't get it high without multiplayer - at least till they patched it so that you can easily get maximum level. Dedicated fans would not know endings are similar or would want to get best ending anyway.

Freddie

Savant
INu-Bioware fans are sad little creatures, playing their games to romance their waifus and shit, not play with other real people.
And as evident from the case ME:A, there are not enough of these freaks to sustain tens of millions production costs to get create for them. :smug:

It's dead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well in two week we will see if there is any hope for anthem.Once Destiny comes out,it will show if the market is oversaturated and the consumers have become too jaded.There is a good chance of Destiny becoming an epic commercial fail.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I haven't played the game on release till the end but AFAIK you're told you have to raise galactic readiness and you can't get it high without multiplayer - at least till they patched it so that you can easily get maximum level. Dedicated fans would not know endings are similar or would want to get best ending anyway.

The only thing it changes is literally one scene in one ending. You can get enough galactic readiness by just playing the single player campaign. It's very far away from mandatory.
It's dead.

I think so, too, unless they dramatically change DA4's design to be more in line with DA:O. I actually wouldn't mind that, while DA:O is not the best game in the world it's still playable and has some incline moments.

Freddie

Savant
INu-Bioware fans are sad little creatures, playing their games to romance their waifus and shit, not play with other real people.
And as evident from the case ME:A, there are not enough of these freaks to sustain tens of millions production costs to get create for them. :smug:

It's dead.

:love:
'create content for them' was what I meant to write, don't know what the hell... But it's good to be understood. Can't rate post yet so:
:bro:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I very much doubt Anthem is going to attract ME fans. The forced multiplayer aspect will push away many of them. Nu-Bioware fans are sad little creatures, playing their games to romance their waifus and shit, not play with other real people.

Additionally many of them might prefer the space setting of ME. If Anthem succeeds, it will not be off the backs of ME fans.

Andhaira

Arcane
Mss Effect intellectual property should be purchased by Bethesda and revived ala Fallout. We know how much Todd creams at the thought of Skyrimz in Space.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Mss Effect intellectual property should be purchased by Bethesda and revived ala Fallout. We know how much Todd creams at the thought of Skyrimz in Space.

I don't think he would want to deal with the outcry from Bioware fans.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It could even come out a decent game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom