Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Padzi

Arbiter
If this stupid game ended up as a success people would trip over themselves to brag which characters were based on them, but now they seem to be ashamed and they are trying to erase their participation from their resumes.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
By the way, we know the models who lend their *cough cough* "appearance" to the Ryder siblings. I wonder who was the model for Peebee. A smurf?
This one is obvious.

Giovanni Ribisi
f3irxlxxuzslusjpufd7.jpg

mass-effect-andromeda-1.jpg

Xeon

Augur
If by some miracle there happens to be another Mass Effect, I hope they make Krogan a playable race.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
The point is, the original PeeBee looked like a dude. This is to further affirm that Asari are monogendered, like to be called he, and all other sorts of fucking nonsense they introduced into this shitcan of a game.

The resemblance is uncanny. I would not be surprised at all if the original human model for PeeBee had a swinging dick.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Looks like the early concept for Sara was diverse enough:

They probably decided that they didn't want to jeopardise sales and cause outcry; it's an unbroken rule in many games that the MC has to be white (though there are exceptions, but those have all generated controversy)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

On November 20, 2017, it will be a decade since the Mass Effect journey began. To celebrate #teN7, we're looking back at the inception of Mass Effect, its legacy, and how it all came together. Relationships were forged, uncharted worlds were explored, and galaxy-altering decisions were made. It’s been one hell of a ride. A special thank you to GamerMD, Brittney Brombacher, Crystal Graziano, Eric Anderson, Destin Legarie, and all of you who came along for the journey. Head here to see what’s happening this #teN7 day: www.masseffect.com/n7

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
For anyone that enjoys the ME3 multiplayer, there is something "new" to look at and play today.

New maps from the SP, modded in, and most working pretty well. Released for N7 Day, and better than anything BioWare is going to give us.

Vorark

Erudite
On November 20, 2017, it will be a decade since the Mass Effect journey began. To celebrate #teN7, we're looking back at the inception of Mass Effect, its legacy, and how it all came together. Relationships were forged, uncharted worlds were explored, and galaxy-altering decisions were made. It’s been one hell of a ride. A special thank you to GamerMD, Brittney Brombacher, Crystal Graziano, Eric Anderson, Destin Legarie, and all of you who came along for the journey. Head here to see what’s happening this #teN7 day: www.masseffect.com/n7

Lel.

Anyway, Cora and Drack were the only salvageable squadmates in MEA.

Cora - She was alright when not going on and on about asari commandos. You kinda feel bad for her if you consider retarded Ryder took the Pathfinder position from her because daddy wanted so. She's the only one who's confrontational towards the player, which was so much better than "never met you before, let's be friends!!!" that goes around in Prospermeda. She also gets in discussions with most of the cast too, calling them out on their idiotic behaviors. Of course, the NPCs tells her she's too uptight and shit but how would you feel if an imbecile took the position you were trained for because nepotism? Poor girl. Fairly decent character in this shitshow of a game.

Drack aka not-Wrex - Talks about Rachni and Krogan wars, family and other assorted topics. Better than Grunt.

Female Garrus - Keeps yapping about her sister and moaning about the sacrifices she had made to take care of her. Truth be told, her sister would've made for a better companion.

Male asari - Trololo I'm so random and funneh. Suprisingly, could've been a decent character if not for the tumblr level humour. Kill it with fire, I say.

Pink rabbit - Was just romance bait. "Oh, I like perfumes and poetry."

Token male character - I think I never talked to him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Cora - She was alright when not going on and on about asari commandos. You kinda feel bad for her if you consider retarded Ryder took the Pathfinder position from her because daddy wanted so. She's the only one who's confrontational towards the player, which was so much better than "never met you before, let's be friends!!!" that goes around in Prospermeda. She also gets in discussions with most of the cast too, calling them out on their idiotic behaviors. Of course, the NPCs tells her she's too uptight and shit but how would you feel if an imbecile took the position you were trained for because nepotism? Poor girl. Fairly decent character in this shitshow of a game.

Does the game literally have the MC taking advantage of nepotism?

Vorark

Erudite
Does the game literally have the MC taking advantage of nepotism?

Yes, albeit accidentally. Spoilers ahead (does anyone care?)

Ryder gets his/her helmet cracked by an explosion and, in order to save his son/daughter, daddy gives the one he was wearing and then transfers the AI "brain link" (which does most of the heavy-lifting in the game and is initially a secret). Instead of space magic we got tech magic in this game. Anyway, Cora was meant to be the one to inherent the link, as she was trained to handle it. Instead, a dumbass comes and takes it from her, because MUH FAMILY and the link would probably be lost forever if the father died. You see, it was never about merit, but just to save Ryder's life.

Game could've been less crap if most characters had Cora's behavior. Why trust an imbecile who has minimal experience to guide a whole spaceship in an unexplored area? Ryder would actually have to prove s/he could handle it or royally botch the whole thing -- failure had to be an option too. During one of the last missions, in which the PC doesn't have the almighty AI to do the hard work and has to put effort in, Cora will later comment how, in spite of getting trashed and mindfucked, Ryder pulled it off without assistance. It's the first time she genuinely compliments the PC -- because it was earned.

As always, game could've been a decent reboot if it was in capable hands -- human/AI integration, sinister intentions of the Initiative. Would've been better than SJWs in space.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
You people are just ultra haters. Who wouldn't want to look like the charming crazy Asari fuckface? EA think that too, so you can buy some new amazing piece of merchandise. Now we can all like her! And at what a low price! This glowing trashbag will only cost you 100 bucks!

https://www.biowarestore.com/peebees-faux-leather-jacket

ladies-jacket-me-peebee-front_1.jpg

That woman looks like she was forced to smile; which she probably was.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So are ass effect 1 and 2 the only ones worth playing?

None are very good. ME1 was probably the best in terms of world building and lore and rudimentary RPG mechanics, but the combat sucked. ME2 had better combat but lost most of the RPG trappings, and the story sucked. ME3 was a flaming bag of crap. ME:A was... well, you've got 100 pages of posts on ME:A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom