Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Desert Online

Norfleet

Yo, DRAKRON, don't forget to show up and do, or at least queue, your project! That, or give me all your stuff.

deama

Prophet
Any idea if the devs are planning to make big changes or add some interesting things? Like changing the RNG system completely or something big like that.
Why would they change the RNG system? It's already much better than Lineage 2, RFO where your items disappear upon failed enchantment and you're left with jackshit or a bunch of crystals(only in L2).
Edit: in Tera if you fail at enchanting you can keep trying doing that forever because there are no failstsacks that accumulate.
Because I don't like that type of RNG. I'd prefer it if you could just dismantle items and feed it into your main weapon.

Drakron

Arcane
Yo, DRAKRON, don't forget to show up and do, or at least queue, your project! That, or give me all your stuff.

I am doing it, even running ASS after the "race" ... we are just missing each other since you dont want to be flagged as a bot because you never logoff and be banned, after I am done that takes about maybe 10m tops I logoff.
Also the curious, Norfleet is talking about another MMO.

Because I don't like that type of RNG. I'd prefer it if you could just dismantle items and feed it into your main weapon.

You know they wont do that, they might raise the chances or just redo the entire system to be less tard but I am not holding my breath for that, granted its not Cryptic that can only understand one concept, "nerfing" and PA done some changes but then again, do you remenber when they changed the entire storyline sequence to Calpehon and they fogot about WHY were there in the first place and the whole Monarch of Darkness main plot ended up NOT being there anymore? Hell you cannot even do the Secret Guards that are the quest they kinda turned off without beating Old Mary so you end up having to revisit areas you are about 15 levels over just to beat our old Lv50 Level Up Boss that got replaced by a Giant Catfish, granted you dont get stuck at lv49 99.99% and having to do the whole main quest line to unlock lv50 but still ... its a Giant Catfish and more hilarious when they added that they put it on a small island that had other catfish, FAT Catfish that can be <Violent> Fat Catfish that are elite mobs and end up being harder that the actual Boss.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet

I am doing it, even running ASS after the "race" ... we are just missing each other since you dont want to be flagged as a bot because you never logoff and be banned, after I am done that takes about maybe 10m tops I logoff.
Also the curious, Norfleet is talking about another MMO.

You know they wont do that, they might raise the chances or just redo the entire system to be less tard but I am not holding my breath for that, granted its not Cryptic that can only understand one concept, "nerfing" and PA done some changes but then again, do you remenber when they changed the entire storyline sequence to Calpehon and they fogot about WHY were there in the first place and the whole Monarch of Darkness main plot ended up NOT being there anymore? Hell you cannot even do the Secret Guards that are the quest they kinda turned off without beating Old Mary so you end up having to revisit areas you are about 15 levels over just to beat our old Lv50 Level Up Boss that got replaced by a Giant Catfish, granted you dont get stuck at lv49 99.99% and having to do the whole main quest line to unlock lv50 but still ... its a Giant Catfish and more hilarious when they added that they put it on a small island that had other catfish, FAT Catfish that can be <Violent> Fat Catfish that are elite mobs and end up being harder that the actual Boss.
I was just asking, you never know.

Drakron

Arcane
I rather they did just scrapped the whole thing as well, just make it like like forcing but no durability cost and use a 2nd enhancement system were you would try to "force" minor upgrades (such as +8 accuracy and stuff like that) that could cost weapon durability ... right now we have a system that just fucks you over and not really well done, for example the chance for +15 is 15% and that is with max failstacks and then for PRI (that is +16) its 52% ... its fucking stupid and something that come from back when +15 was the max, they never revised the table to be continuous ... and then there is the enhancement loss chance when you go over DUO were you have to start again from PRI, this would not be a problem if ... they didnt create content aimed at gear scores that are now at TET level (Kama).

And lets not talk about Accessories were they are stuck on Pre-Mediah so there is no 100% chance, a stupidity when they just up the requirements and then expect everyone to have access to dev codes and just TRI and they design mobs about that notion, add the shitty drop rate and you end up with a non-existing market because everything above base is almost always out of stock so accessories end up being especially cancerous.

whatevername

Arcane
Free helicopter rides
Free roflcopter raftcopter rides
2gvo6ja.jpg

It's just a short ride past that bridge out of the safe zone and then their corpses feed the fishes.

Gerrard

Arcane
Why is it that all these mmoshits look completely soulless? At first I though it might be because azn, but it applies across the board, so what is it?
Because most of them are from the same country and are made primarily for that market and the global release is just an afterthought (as often seen in awful netcode).

Bocian

Arcane
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1464
NPC Dating can be enjoyed by all adventurers. Whether you become a couple or not is calculated based on the ratio "How much Amity you have with that NPC"/"The total Amity of all the adventurers who confessed to that NPC the same week."

So, even if you don’t have the highest Amity out of the bunch you still stand a chance! However, the higher your Amity is with the NPC, the better your chances.

Sadly, your newfound relationship may only last a week. Other adventurers can continue confessing and your lover may choose someone else after the week is over. However, if you hold the highest Amity with that NPC, you will be able to maintain your relationship!
:thumbsup:
You can now get cucked in a MMO game.

whatevername

Arcane
I rather they did just scrapped the whole thing as well, just make it like like forcing but no durability cost and use a 2nd enhancement system were you would try to "force" minor upgrades (such as +8 accuracy and stuff like that) that could cost weapon durability ... right now we have a system that just fucks you over and not really well done, for example the chance for +15 is 15% and that is with max failstacks and then for PRI (that is +16) its 52% ... its fucking stupid and something that come from back when +15 was the max, they never revised the table to be continuous ... and then there is the enhancement loss chance when you go over DUO were you have to start again from PRI, this would not be a problem if ... they didnt create content aimed at gear scores that are now at TET level (Kama).

And lets not talk about Accessories were they are stuck on Pre-Mediah so there is no 100% chance, a stupidity when they just up the requirements and then expect everyone to have access to dev codes and just TRI and they design mobs about that notion, add the shitty drop rate and you end up with a non-existing market because everything above base is almost always out of stock so accessories end up being especially cancerous.
I'm necroing this because I enchanted my 2nd Dandelion from TRI to TET on the first try and just wanted you to feel better. It took 4 tries to make it TRI though. Before that I also enchanted my 1st Dandelion from +15 to TRI on the first try. Are you feeling better now?

:necro:

Drakron

Arcane
You know whats funny?

I quited in Late May ... how are Valk's Cry working our for you? How are Cron Melting working out for you?

deama

Prophet
Apparentely the game is pretty bad with p2w stuff, I heard you can even buy fail stacks now.
Also the PVP changes they made this year(?) have pissed the PVP communities too much and they're starting to trickle down too.
It's too bad cause the game had some nice core but just didn't grow in the right direction.

Drakron

Arcane
Apparentely the game is pretty bad with p2w stuff, I heard you can even buy fail stacks now.

Yep, thats Valk's Cry ... they existed before NA/EU launch and back then they people that they "had no place" in the NA/EU ... that is until I think a week ago? I noticed the uproar about that.

Also the PVP changes they made this year(?) have pissed the PVP communities too much and they're starting to trickle down too.

It wasnt PVP changes per say exactly, well I think they moved the schedule for Node Wars but I am not exactly sure, but I know what pissed then off ... it was the Renown System
What is it? well its a system that gives you AP and DR based on GS but since this is BDO and Pearl Abyss doesnt understand (or dont want to) the concept of diminishing returns instead of each tier being say +10/+10/+8/+6/ ... they end up more like +10/+10/+12/+14/+12 so people that already had say +240 AP ended up buffed to +320 and the same happened with DR, they widen the gap because the wau then want to make money is by people gamble on RNG and blow up their gear and then rebuild their gear with Cash Shop.

The Renown was kinda want made me quit the game, not directly ... you see, because of the blacklash about it they instead of fixing the problem (GS gap) they tried to "rebalance" the class and by "rebalance" I mean "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" because that was pretty much what they did and made me realize one thing, they dont have any idea of what they are doing.

It's too bad cause the game had some nice core but just didn't grow in the right direction.

Its a pretty game and yes, it didnt ... the problems are many and they became worst and worst as more and more "expansions" that come out, they been shooting themselves in the foot because the game have no growth, even before the Renown system the Node Wars were stagnated. They also have no direction on what they want to do or how to correct the many many balance problems that make new players just stick around for a month or two and quit.

Sykar

Arcane
Wow, hadn't played in a while and it asked me to install a 30+ GB patch. Now when I want to turn in a game in the nearby city it tells me that "that file is corrupted" and ask me to use the repair function which seems to just DL the 30 GB again besides claiming it "only" checks for damaged files.

Drakron

Arcane
Oh that old thing, if I remember there is no actual repair and you have to redownload the whole thing AFTER you manually delete the installed files. Happened to me once way back and I still recall the fact their "repair" did shit all.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The game was fun about for as long as it took to exhaust all fap possibilities during character creation.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Even short fat and very ugly? I enjoy these games for creating weird shit and push that. The games themselves.. meh.

Really, if i create a super butt ugly being the npcs should react accordingly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom