Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Gold Online

Stokowski

Arcane
Got an email about this today. Steampunk vs Treehuggers PvP MMO. Entering open BETA.

Unfortunately, it's from Snail Games, the same dickwads who brought Age of Wushu to the States, but did precisely fuck-all to prevent it from being hacked to death. As such, my expectations are extremely low.

On the other hand, firing up a mech to smack down some liberals online is a tempting idea.

Hmmm.

Obligatory links:

http://bg.snailgame.com/

mmohut vid

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Looks like there'd be a lot of good units for an RTS.

But Steampunk mechs rolling over shitty Elves? Count me in!

EDIT: 10.4 G download. Ahahah. Give me a week to download this thing. Goddamned shitty internet.

Suicidal

Arcane
It's quite shitty, feels like a shovelware MMO that could have been made in 2006. Boring locations with nothing but "kill X" quests, it looks bad, in combat there is like a 2 second delay between onscreen effects and the action actually happening in the game (and don't say it's my internet connection, I can play any other game with US-based servers just fine), horrible nonsensical translations, all skills are just like "do damage, do more damage, do even more damage, etc.", no variety whatsoever.

The mech riding, which it is so proud off, just made me wish I was playing Mechwarrior instead.

Hope I saved you guys some download time.

J1M

Arcane
That trailer was fucking retarded. Most of the time spent on purple aliens and not a single mention of petrol. Also seems designed to create a massive faction imbalance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom