Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Undead are still not immune to wounds?

Io-Daedalic

Educated
I sent the bug report,this is what I wrote:
I encountered this bug in the final battle:if I don't kill the golems in phase 2 before destroying the crystals then one of the spellcasting lizards in phase 3 will start its turn and do nothing during it prolonging it indefinetly(other things I did/didn't do that may trigger the bug but don't think had any effect:I had Aurelia in the party,I let Urias catch a breath during the cutscene,had 1 point of encumberance).This happened multiple times,every time I tried.Things went smoothly only when I killed the golems.
Thanks a lot!
  • Reworked the display of item stats.
  • Added detailed battle log option to show individual dice roll results of your characters.
  • Added detailed information on effects of special abilities.

JUGjDuG.jpg

:thumbsup:

Great job Io-Daedalic , but I'll be asshole to tell you that I'm still not satisfied and wish for the damage rolls as well. ;)
I knew this would happen ;). I'll check if that's feasible for the next patch. I'll forward the thanks to the dev team, they have worked tough hours to make this possible so quickly ;).

By the way, felipepepe, your credits for the Game Guide are now in, so you're essentially credited twice :P.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
By the way, has anyone tried the DLC yet? I picked up my DW 1h/axe/sword main party and 5 hours melted away this evening. I burnt through the last bits of chapter 1 and all of chapter 2. I am liking 1.3 quite a lot!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll get it when I get from work and post some impressions and screens if I have the time to play it for an hour or two.
There be dragons in the hype video so Im kinda interested in the encounters and Takate's story.

lol, fucking Steam is fucking up, wont let me pay. My creditcard isnt accepted, Paypal is denied and adding monehs to the steam wallet gets me to the error 118, not connected to internet.
Fuck you Gaben, take my money!

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Managed to get it after like 18th attempt to buy it and loaded a save from beggining of ch5 that I tried last time beating those indians again and going through Moha village.
Found 2 sidequests saving the commander and saving a dude from dragons next to Moha village. From where do I start the DLC content? It downloaded 1.1 gig when I purchased it so its gotta be in there somewhere. Maybe Im just retarded, I dunno.

edit
Hmm, watched the trailer again and saving the dude from dragons map is in it. I couldnt remember it being there before.
Fuck it, I'll know tonight when I have time to play anyway.

Last edited:

Deitti

Augur
So, for some reason i've only noticed the existence of this game few days ago but what i've looked up so far, it looks like it's right up my alley. But would be nice to hear one final word from codex, is this something a RPG combatfag should definetly get?

Gord

Arcane
So, for some reason i've only noticed the existence of this game few days ago but what i've looked up so far, it looks like it's right up my alley. But would be nice to hear one final word from codex, is this something a RPG combatfag should definetly get?

There's a pretty extensive demo (whole chapter 1), play it and decide for yourself.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
In short, best combat system since ToEE, best encounter design ever made in a SRPG game. As Gord said, theres a demo, should take you like 6-10 hours to finish it depending how fast you are.

LivingOne

Savant
So far this is the dlc content I found:

-a battle to save a guy from wyverns
-another one you unlock finishing that one
-another where you have to kill some cultist before they burn three victims.It's in the world map
-a quest given to you by Marwan wich leads to an encounter where you can side with the slavers or the forest men
-a quest from Iside to help or kill the Flying Foxes
-a new battle in the arena wich you can repeat how much you want to test your build but with no APs reward
It's 6 out of 11.Anyone found the others?Or should I just reload to see if different choices give new encounters?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Short answer - yes. It IS a combatfag crpg only, relatively weak on other aspects, little exploration, simple quests, etc... Combat is quite good tough. Blackguards is not the best since TOEE as someone said (imo KOTC was better - if you can ignore the awful graphics) but still a must for a combatfag. All this coming from someone who only played about 1/2 of the game (and still playing) so my opinion is irrelevant.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Untold Legends is more of a add-in instead of a add-on. Serves better if you're gonna replay the game or playing it for the first time, just more content spread across the world map.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Untold Legends is more of a add-in instead of a add-on. Serves better if you're gonna replay the game or playing it for the first time, just more content spread across the world map.
So if I finished the game already and don't fell like replaying it soon, it's useless to buy it right now?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
So if I finished the game already and don't fell like replaying it soon, it's useless to buy it right now?
Unless you want some new fights then wait for sale. From what I've seen and played its just a bunch of sidequests added here and there on the world map.
Plus it doesnt advance the main story and Takate's story is a bit underwhelming(cause its short, only 2 maps and few lines of dialogue).

Eyeball

Arcane
Keep in mind, the game does NOT have free roam. You fight a battle, choose to move to another location from the World map, fight another battle, rinse and repeat.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Unless you want some new fights then wait for sale. From what I've seen and played its just a bunch of sidequests added here and there on the world map.
Plus it doesnt advance the main story and Takate's story is a bit underwhelming(cause its short, only 2 maps and few lines of dialogue).
Okay, thx for the info.

I want to finish Dragonfall and get back to Dars Souls and now this DLC comes out unexpected.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
That's an informative video. 1.3 does a much better job of conveying what's happening.

Deitti

Augur
Well, tried out demo and although it's obvious even from the demo that the game does not have much outside of the combat, i don't care because the combat is just that good. So will be getting full version in few days. Finally a game that satisfies my inner combatfag. (ps. thanks for the opinions)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom