Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How viable are warrior mages? Something like leather armor dodging with self-buffs and high damage from weapons or something similar. Hard to find any proper answers about hybrids, except archer mages which are praised.

Pretty good, just don't get any metal armor and focus on the spells that your stats back up for higher cast chance.
There are many good buffs and mirror image spell makes you really hard to hit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How viable are warrior mages? Something like leather armor dodging with self-buffs and high damage from weapons or something similar. Hard to find any proper answers about hybrids, except archer mages which are praised.

The best "build", hands down. Can be build both with single n' board, two-handed or archery. Focus on whatever buffs you like, not direct damage spells.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Whether you're going archer mage or warrior mage, you should be putting most of your points into the physical side of things with magic as a light supplementary splash.

Gord

Arcane
I'll only buy DLC that brings Niam back from the dead.

The limited NPC selection is one of my main issues with the game.
I would have much prefered had they found a different way to handle Niams departure, e.g. by making you choose between Niam and Takate or something like that, if only to give you more possibilities for building your party.

Gord

Arcane
Depends on the level of the spell, I think between 2 and 4 points, or such.
I didn't find the spell very useful though, since damage resistance is much more important than flat damage reduction.
It might be of some use when one of your guys gets attacked by multiple enemies at once and you want to reduce the damage a bit, but ultimately Armatrutz always seemed to weak compared to the damage the enemies did at the time.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Niam was definitely more interesting than Takate and her speed buffs were awesome. Takate IS a boss with a spear though.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Been playing for a few hours, so far so good(ish).

The game further reinforces my opinion: 2D is in every possible way superior to 3D. The game actually looks _better_ if you turn post-processing to low.

Also butthurt about the fact that the "deluxe" version doesn't include the DLC.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I started playing and was surprised to learn that the main character's voice is the voice of Commander Shepard. Will he kick as much ass as Shepard does? Only time will tell.

Io-Daedalic

Educated
Hey guys,

sorry I didn't check back for a while. For those of you who are still playing: Do you have any suggestions for further patches for us (except the things you already mentioned)? If you played the DLC, how did you like it? Do you have any technical issues we should tend to? Or any questions?
Our development team is having a well-deserved "rest" at the moment, but I'd like to be the spoilsport and provide them with some new feedback soon. I cannot guarantee that we'll be able to tend to everything mentioned, but your opinions would be interesting nonetheless.

Cheers,
Io

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Make a Star Trail like game set in the south of aventuria. Thats all - especially now that we poor RoA fans are ridiculed by this awful HD remake of RoA we need you.

Gord

Arcane
Hey guys,

sorry I didn't check back for a while. For those of you who are still playing: Do you have any suggestions for further patches for us (except the things you already mentioned)? If you played the DLC, how did you like it? Do you have any technical issues we should tend to? Or any questions?

Fix the fonts at resolutions other than 1920x1080.

Pretty please?

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Hey guys,

Our development team is having a well-deserved "rest" at the moment, but I'd like to be the spoilsport and provide them with some new feedback soon. I cannot guarantee that we'll be able to tend to everything mentioned, but your opinions would be interesting nonetheless.

Cheers,
Io
Hab angefangen zu spielen und bin jetzt da wo die 2 Zwerge mich in die Stadt (Namen vergessen) reinbringen. Im Stadtbildschirm ist rechts ne Händlerin, wenn man die anklickt, passiert nix, kein Handelsfenster öffnet sich. So gewollt, j/n?
Macht ja nichts, hab eh kein Geld.

ps: entfernt das Gewicht von Pfeilen

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Io

At least one merchant (in Drôl?) is bugged; you can't initiate conversation with her. Apparently more such cases exist (Telemache in Mikram, the healer in the arena).

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Io

At least one merchant (in Drôl?) is bugged; you can't initiate conversation with her. Apparently more such cases exist (Telemache in Mikram, the healer in the arena).

Confirmed, I am seeing healers in a few different locations not offer healing.. They just say hello. The only option is to end the conversation.

I like the enhanced combat log, however, reduce the space (relief) between lines and make the log window expandable. This will make the log much more readable and allow someone to analyze what they are seeing. Good information is in the log now but I can't see enough of it to get the best use of the information.

Here is an ugly mockup:

3_20_2014_2_09_12_PM.png

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Just finished it. Pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Although, the game froze almost every other load screen during chapter mid 3 and chapter 4. Thankfully that stopped at chapter 5. Also, I did not expect the rock music at the end of the credits.

Does who you tell the word of banishment change the ending at all?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Io-Daedalic

Die neue Jungfrau Quest:
Ich rede mit dem Sklavenhändler, gehe zum Ritualplatz, bringe die 4 Typen um und lasse Anhe dann frei. Nun kann ich den Quest nicht abschliessen, wenn ich mit diesem Yuan Credo oder wie der heisst rede, hab ich nur den Dialog vom Anfang (als ob ich die Quest erst noch annehmen müsste).
Marwan hat auch nichts zu sagen. Plz fix.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yeah, you need to choose to recapture her to be able to finish the quest. Thankfully the battle is fast and easy, so I wasn't too upset by the bug.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom