Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
They were in WC3 as an April Fool's joke.

They were in WC3 as an easter egg yeah, but Samwise Didier (One of key artists of Blizzard) found them intriguing enough and by Frozen Throne they had become a fully fledged race with some backstory. Sons of Storm (Blizzard artist hideout) had some pretty damn sweet Pandaren art from 2000 to 2009. Alas the MoP Pandas are nearly nothing alike.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

They were in WC3 as an easter egg yeah, but Samwise Didier (One of key artists of Blizzard) found them intriguing enough and by Frozen Throne they had become a fully fledged race with some backstory. Sons of Storm (Blizzard artist hideout) had some pretty damn sweet Pandaren art from 2000 to 2009. Alas the MoP Pandas are nearly nothing alike.

Gotta go citation needed on this one.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

Gotta go citation needed on this one.

You are free to explore

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I was citing that they are nothing alike, because this
ptME6cg.jpg

vs this
world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-out-today.jpg

Is nowhere near "nothing alike." So where is that are you were talking about?

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Well since I don't know what the first IMG is (But I predict it's the ingame model) I can only suggest a visit to eye-doctor.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The Chen in WC3 is only different from the Chen in WoW in a graphical fidelity/technology sense.

J1M

Arcane
The fictional pandas that were first drawn by Samwise were essentially Japanese heavy metal enthusiasts. The chinese are racist and were offended that "their" animal had non-chinese clothes, so they were sanitized towards a kung-fu-panda vibe.

Delterius

Arcane

And there was a (non-canon admittedly) Warcraft tabletop RPG from which we can draw a lot of things from. Pandas were already a thing by WoW, I think.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Once again Lacry-derp betraying his Johnny-come-lately knowledge of all things Worldcraft.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Can someone give me TLDR of this whole matter with Lacrymas, I'm too lazy to read anything from before page 14.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Before Blizzard fixed the bug, the bloodcurse from HAkkar could be carried to other players. taken in Ironforge, people dying to mass plague.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good'ol days, I once got banned for some hours because killing money sellers with fire nova totem bug. There were some banker chars as colletral damage who snitched me :argh:

Beastro

Arcane

Before Blizzard fixed the bug, the bloodcurse from HAkkar could be carried to other players. taken in Ironforge, people dying to mass plague.

You can't have a video of that without the "Everybody has AIDs!" song playing.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can someone give me TLDR of this whole matter with Lacrymas, I'm too lazy to read anything from before page 14.
Metro keeps calling out Lacrymas as a fake vanilla player and then every time Lacrymas provides evidence to the contrary Metro moves the goalposts.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Metro keeps calling out Lacrymas as a fake vanilla player and then every time Lacrymas provides evidence to the contrary Metro moves the goalposts.

Oh. I was hoping it'd have been something substantive so I could've chimed in on with with my superior vanilla experience.

Makabb said:
Pretty sure Lacrymas is around 20...... so during first wow he would be around 5

Would've been around 7 then, not entirely unreasonable point to start.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pretty sure Lacrymas is around 20...... so during first wow he would be around 5
Even still, as someone who played vanilla from day one, Lacrymas has been more correct about the experience than Metro. And laughing off the wowwiki link because it proved him wrong was really dumb. Although he is wrong about the 5 mages in AV thing. That's fine, not everyone did BGs back then. And he's wrong about BWL being a shitty raid.

Actually on second thought metro might be right and I just dismissed him because I'm used to him being wrong all the time in the Trump forum.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I doubt parents in 2004 would pay a 7 year old kid monthly fee to play a game.

No, but a parent could very well have an account which the minor plays on. This happens quite a lot and Blizzard ToS even has caveat that one minor is allowed to play with guardian's account up to age of 12 after which they can legally make their own account.

When character server transfers became a thing, right from the start there was option to transfer a character from one account to another as long as the owner of the account had the same last name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom