Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No, but a parent could very well have an account which the minor plays on..

I doubt parents of a 7 year old in 2004 would play WoW

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Planning, strategy, and the weighting of your resources and capabilities is what made the game interesting. I never had a problem with the slow grind per-se. And i absolutely abhor this trend of attempting to make you feel like you are playing an actual single player game with all the scripting and phony cinematic events. It's all theme park bullshit that only servers at making the game even MORE boring. Blizzard started introducing that crap almost right-away and i think the reason most MMOs fail hard is that they tried to follow in Blizzard's footsteps. Couple years ago i tried Wild Star and i just couldn't bear it, since it was filled with that shit to the brim.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
TBC was not vanilla, tbc was already starting the decline
say that to my face fucker not online and see what I do to your little twink face you homo

hivemind irl at this very moment

hqdefault.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
TBC had elements that were more casual than vanilla but the boss and raid designs were 10 times better, and as epic as the sprawling 1+ hour dungeons in vanilla were, the TBC heroics were just plain better dungeons. I don't think they should have removed attunements, though. WotLK was casual trash, but I can even look back on that with nostalgia because it's downright hardcore compared to what the game turned into.

hivemind

TBC had literally no bad features or content.

If you disagree I will beat you with 50 shoes for your insolence and then behead you.

Parabalus

Arcane
TBC had elements that were more casual than vanilla but the boss and raid designs were 10 times better, and as epic as the sprawling 1+ hour dungeons in vanilla were, the TBC heroics were just plain better dungeons. I don't think they should have removed attunements, though. WotLK was casual trash, but I can even look back on that with nostalgia because it's downright hardcore compared to what the game turned into.

What was bad about TBC?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Notice I said casual, not bad. TBC had a lot of quality of life improvements and generally things like its rep grinds were way less time consuming. Dungeons were shorter and so were raids, for the most part. None of that is necessarily bad, it just depends on how much casual you want in your game. Personally I think TBC was the best WoW ever got, but there are plenty of vanilla purists out there.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Dungeons were shorter and so were raids, for the most part.
You want to make it sound like its a good thing.

TBC would be the be best, if outland was in azeroth without flying, instead of blood elves there would be goblins and something akin for alliance, and green gear would not neglect naxx gear.

When TBC arrived, there was no reason to play vanilla anymore, and most people did not even reach level 60.

Whoever says TBC 'IS TAH BUUUSTTT' is just clueless, TBC started destruction of WoW, where instead of game and gameplay elements from vanilla, they went into the direction of 'story' and 'single player' experience, which is the culmination today, where you sit in garrision and click on lootboxes, there is your gameplay which TBC started.

Last edited:

Black_Willow

Arcane
Notice I said casual, not bad. TBC had a lot of quality of life improvements and generally things like its rep grinds were way less time consuming. Dungeons were shorter and so were raids, for the most part. None of that is necessarily bad, it just depends on how much casual you want in your game. Personally I think TBC was the best WoW ever got, but there are plenty of vanilla purists out there.
Thanks for your opinion mr. Popamoler, you can go back to playing Oblivion now.

Parabalus

Arcane

I didn't really play after BC so I was genuinely curious.

and green gear would not neglect naxx gear.

This is just bullshit, naxx stuff was better than some early lvl70 epics, especially with set bonus.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

I didn't really play after BC so I was genuinely curious.

and green gear would not neglect naxx gear.

This is just bullshit, naxx stuff was better than some early lvl70 epics, especially with set bonus.

Indeed. First clears of Karazhan were made with Naxx gear. AQ gear, depending on class easily lasted to 70 as well. T2 was replaced in the 65-69 range, typically by blues and only MC gear was really replaced by greens from get-go and even then mostly for the strangely itemized pieces or the pre-MC loot upgrade pieces.

This of course goes with caveats like hybrid gear was more likely to be replaced more regularily due to better stat budgeting, but pure purpose gear didnt really suffer from that.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This of course goes with caveats like hybrid gear was more likely to be replaced more regularily due to better stat budgeting

Yup that was true. As a druid I was drowning in tears of joy even in first maps with greens. I had some AQ 20 Zul'farak rogue blues but TBC hyrid gear was superior.
Those were the good times, I felt powerful with my druid for a good amount of time. Bear-diving onto unsuspecting alliance scums were satisfactory.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty sure Lacrymas is around 20...... so during first wow he would be around 5
Even still, as someone who played vanilla from day one, Lacrymas has been more correct about the experience than Metro. And laughing off the wowwiki link because it proved him wrong was really dumb. Although he is wrong about the 5 mages in AV thing. That's fine, not everyone did BGs back then. And he's wrong about BWL being a shitty raid.

Actually on second thought metro might be right and I just dismissed him because I'm used to him being wrong all the time in the Trump forum.
He hasn't proven anything. And everyone knows wowwiki is shit compared to wowpedia. Lacrymas did not play vanilla on day one. Someone in their early 20's now couldn't have done jack shit in vanilla or had any reasonable appreciation of the community and politics behind grouping and raiding. About the same as the jack shit Trump has accomplished as President with a GOP Senate in full rebellion against him.

Parabalus

Arcane
Pretty sure Lacrymas is around 20...... so during first wow he would be around 5
Even still, as someone who played vanilla from day one, Lacrymas has been more correct about the experience than Metro. And laughing off the wowwiki link because it proved him wrong was really dumb. Although he is wrong about the 5 mages in AV thing. That's fine, not everyone did BGs back then. And he's wrong about BWL being a shitty raid.

Actually on second thought metro might be right and I just dismissed him because I'm used to him being wrong all the time in the Trump forum.
He hasn't proven anything. And everyone knows wowwiki is shit compared to wowpedia. Lacrymas did not play vanilla on day one. Someone in their early 20's now couldn't have done jack shit in vanilla or had any reasonable appreciation of the community and politics behind grouping and raiding. About the same as the jack shit Trump has accomplished as President with a GOP Senate in full rebellion against him.

Link your armory you poser.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

ohwowhahahah current WoW is a joke, haven't played in 7 years but I didn't know it got so bad.

Surprisingly the guy wasn't cringy either

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I hope Blizzard won't fuck this up..... they did re-release the old SC with just new graphics, so it shows they are capable of not changing gameplay..... they will probably do the same for this with option to toggle graphics

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The old becomes the new again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom