Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard music wasn't always forgettable

Khorne

Arbiter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ZsFD-irLs

The track has haunted me for years, it's like an evil spirit.

ZVH0Lk1.gif

Reign of chaos undead tracks were good too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ1jlcuFPdA&t=1555

Last edited:

A horse of course

I liked the WoW OST. Especially the undead starting areas. :hmmm:

Perkel

Arcane
Dat D2 wilderness.

As of OP it's not only music that they fucked up.
10 years ago it was one of my top 5 dev studios now even Square Enix give me more expectations than Blizzard shit games

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WoW occasionally has good music still. Although Wrath was the last time the vast majority of it was great.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No, I mean, you're a douchebag just like your tag says.

Modron

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxg5W5wKvLE
A person who was trying to snipe the true angle of efficiency would have pasted the wrath of the lich king wow soundtrack or something, but you all were in diapers when diablo 2 came out don't lie about it

Should change thread title to Blizzard Games weren't always forgettable. I've been saying they should just make movies instead of games since the day I got my Warcraft 3 collector's edition box...
:negative:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Uelmen did neither Warcraft 2 nor Starcraft (he only did sound design there).

m_s0

Arcane
Dat D2 wilderness.

As of OP it's not only music that they fucked up.
10 years ago it was one of my top 5 dev studios now even Square Enix give me more expectations than Blizzard shit games
Even the outtakes for D2 are pretty fucking incredible:

The music for Torchlight 2 doesn't really live up to that, but it's still pretty good. I really wish Uelmen would start recording on a regular basis, because he's clearly capable of much more than just scoring, which he does brilliantly anyway.

Blizzard really has gone to shit in pretty much every regard. Sad to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxg5W5wKvLE
A person who was trying to snipe the true angle of efficiency would have pasted the wrath of the lich king wow soundtrack or something, but you all were in diapers when diablo 2 came out don't lie about it

Should change thread title to Blizzard Games weren't always forgettable. I've been saying they should just make movies instead of games since the day I got my Warcraft 3 collector's edition box...
:negative:
Yeah, I've always felt W3 is where it all started going wrong.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, what the fuck? I read that at as forgettable before I came back to this thread. Left out a brofist because of it. Matt Uelmen fucking rocks indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom